What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Wb1234

Referee
A bit off topic but I'll bite.

That verdict has pretty much guaranteed him the Presidency.
America is f**ked regardless, too much debt. They will try to prop the economy up during an election year but after that no matter who's in , they're f**ked.
America needs a strong president

the war lobby controls this one

They would probably do pretty well out of sponsorship, the mining companies are always trying a little pr with the locals. They would be sorted in that department.
Mining companies have their logos plastered all over the Queensland Reds and Western Force jerseys. Neither of those clubs are rich.

PNG will need to spend a lot on security. I remember going to a Seagulls vs Hunters game at Kougari Oval in 2014. Security was flown in from PNG to keep the large segment of PNG fans under control. An NRL club would need 10 times as much than was on offer that day.

final say

Juniors
Mining companies have their logos plastered all over the Queensland Reds and Western Force jerseys. Neither of those clubs are rich.

PNG will need to spend a lot on security. I remember going to a Seagulls vs Hunters game at Kougari Oval in 2014. Security was flown in from PNG to keep the large segment of PNG fans under control. An NRL club would need 10 times as much than was on offer that day.
Look, jerseys sponsors aren't a big deal but you brought it up and PNG would have it covered.
I call it how I see it.

maybe but you asked the question of where the money would come from

now you are shifting the goal posts

as a rugby league fan first any govt money into rugby league is a good thing imo

Successful clubs have several sponsors chipping in money.

Cowboys have 45 sponaors.

I can see PNG gaining sponsorship from the PNG Gov, Aus Gov, Coca Cola, Lays, Digicel and a mining company.

Will that be enough to cover the expense of running a team?

If it was then there wouldn't be talk of the Aus Gov providing $25m to the team.

Wb1234

Referee
Successful clubs have several sponsors chipping in money.

Cowboys have 45 sponaors.

I can see PNG gaining sponsorship from the PNG Gov, Aus Gov, Coca Cola, Lays, Digicel and a mining company.

Will that be enough to cover the expense of running a team?

If it was then there wouldn't be talk of the Aus Gov providing $25m to the team.
Their major sponsor was a chain of Toyota dealerships ?

png will have way more blue chip sponsors

Game day revenue could be lower

who knows they might eventually upgrade it to 70k plus ?

Look, jerseys sponsors aren't a big deal but you brought it up and PNG would have it covered.
I call it how I see it.

How much will they spend?

Small clubs like Canberra generate about $4.5m from sponsorship. Larger clubs generate $10m or more. I cannot see greedy multinationals spending more than they have to on PNG.

Reflector

Juniors
Who said the PNG players would have to live in PNG?

Couldn't it be possible for the team to live/ train in FNQ (like have Cairns as their base) and then fly in to Port Moresby every second weekend for the home matches?

final say

Juniors

Couldn't it be possible for the team to live/ train in FNQ (like have Cairns as their base) and then fly in to Port Moresby every second weekend for the home matches?
V'landys has stated that is his preference.

Their major sponsor was a chain of Toyota dealerships ?

png will have way more blue chip sponsors

Game day revenue could be lower

who knows they might eventually upgrade it to 70k plus ?
Over a dozen Toyota dealerships from across FNQ sponsor the Cowboys for significant coin.

Cowboys earn more money from sponsorship than most NRL clubs. Last year they pocketed $10,857,724 from sponsorship.

IMG_0012.png

NRL commercial revenue snapshot​

FY23 median: $15.7m (YoY growth: 15.1%)
FY22 median: $12.7m (YoY growth: 34.8%)

Chart below shows overall commercial revenue, by team, for FY 2023 ($m)
Revenue ($m)Profit margin
Rabbitohs$23.5m56%
Dolphins$23.5m55%
Penrith$23.0m57%
Cowboys$22.7m63%
Eels$19.3m59%
Roosters$18.2m71%
Knights$17.8m63%
Bulldogs$15.7m49%
Titans$14.3m52%
Dragons$13.1m46%
Sharks$12.7m54%
Tigers$12.5m57%
Raiders$12.4m40%
Warriors$11.6m62%
Manly$11.5m55%
Source: NRL

PNG won't have the same level of corporate support as the Cowboys.

The PNG Gov ruled this out after V'landys floated it as an option. They said the team.haa to be based in Port Moresby. V'landys wanted it to be a "Pasifika" team bbased in Cairns and playing in PNG, Tonga, Samoa and Fiji.

Wb1234

Referee
Over a dozen Toyota dealerships from across FNQ sponsor the Cowboys for significant coin.

Cowboys earn more money from sponsorship than most NRL clubs. Last year they pocketed $10,857,724 from sponsorship.

View attachment 89080

Rabbitohs$23.5m56%
Dolphins$23.5m55%
Penrith$23.0m57%
Cowboys$22.7m63%
Eels$19.3m59%
Roosters$18.2m71%
Knights$17.8m63%
Bulldogs$15.7m49%
Titans$14.3m52%
Dragons$13.1m46%
Sharks$12.7m54%
Tigers$12.5m57%
Raiders$12.4m40%
Warriors$11.6m62%
Manly$11.5m55%

They will have the same corporate support the cowboys had in their first five years

final say

Juniors

View attachment 89080

Rabbitohs$23.5m56%
Dolphins$23.5m55%
Penrith$23.0m57%
Cowboys$22.7m63%
Eels$19.3m59%
Roosters$18.2m71%
Knights$17.8m63%
Bulldogs$15.7m49%
Titans$14.3m52%
Dragons$13.1m46%
Sharks$12.7m54%
Tigers$12.5m57%
Raiders$12.4m40%
Warriors$11.6m62%
Manly$11.5m55%

Not all clubs are created equal mate.

They will have the same corporate support the cowboys had in their first five years

Cowboys had the third highest level of corporate support out of all the clubs between 1995 and 1999. That and their attendances is what got them over the line when the competition was reduced from 22 teams to 14.