What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

MugaB

Coach
You think singing players to move to perth is going to be the same as signing them To move to port Moresby? Cuckoo cuckoo

how many years before hunters players make up the bulk of a nrl png team? Or should I say how many decades?
Year 1-5 years, but by then the hunters players won't be the hunters players we see in the qcup right now, they'll be those kids joe grima is developing..
You don't get the importance of development clubs yet, you will

Perth Red

Post Whore
Year 1-5 years, but by then the hunters players won't be the hunters players we see in the qcup right now, they'll be those kids joe grima is developing..
in 5 years? Your talking much more development to get kids from where they are now to nrl standard jnrs, and even then there are virtually no nrl clubs in the game that has all or even a large majority of its players come from its own development pathway. PNG will need to be producing 90-100% of the first team from the hunters. Good luck with that!
but let’s say you’re somehow right, we just accept that png is going to get flogged every week for the first 5 years?

Bukowski

Juniors
in 5 years? Your talking much more development to get kids from where they are now to nrl standard jnrs, and even then there is no nrl club in the game that has all or even a large majority of its players come from its own development pathway. PNG will need to be producing 90-100% of the first team from the hunters. Good luck with that!
but let’s say you’re somehow right, we just accept that png is going to get flogged every week for the first 5 years?
Something for tigers fans to look forward to

MugaB

Coach
in 5 years? Your talking much more development to get kids from where they are now to nrl standard jnrs, and even then there are virtually no nrl clubs in the game that has all or even a large majority of its players come from its own development pathway. PNG will need to be producing 90-100% of the first team from the hunters. Good luck with that!
And how is that any different than if the pirates got the licence, or the current tigers squad sitting at the bottom, why are you so dismissive, there's plenty of players who'll go there if thet get a chance to be a full-time 1st grader, they won't be marquees, but who cares, look at the Dolphins 2 years into their life as an nrl club, coming top4, where was their marquees... the problem with these LU threads is there's always this doom and gloom approach to everything, and it's always 'it wont work", until it does, then it's let's move over here and put shit on this idea... how was an early covid return, how was vegas people, how was the dolphins recruitment people.. f**k me karens the lot if ya, always the same people rubbishing the sport they seem to follow

Perth Red

Post Whore
And how is that any different than if the pirates got the licence, or the current tigers squad sitting at the bottom, why are you so dismissive, there's plenty of players who'll go there if thet get a chance to be a full-time 1st grader, they won't be marquees, but who cares, look at the Dolphins 2 years into their life as an nrl club, coming top4, where was their marquees... the problem with these LU threads is there's always this doom and gloom approach to everything, and it's always 'it wont work", until it does, then it's let's move over here and put shit on this idea... how was an early covid return, how was vegas people, how was the dolphins recruitment people.. f**k me karens the lot if ya, always the same people rubbishing the sport they seem to follow
Because Perth will be able to sign English, Australian and nz first graders whilst the systems are improved, partnerships formed.

I’m sure in years to come png will produce a number of first graders, but it’s not likey to be 32 and they aren’t going to get overseas players wanting to go to Port Moresby so what are they going to do? the only players likely to go are the ones who have no other options, not a great line up I wouldn’t think. Then if by chance they do get good you thinks they won’t get snapped up by and Australian or nz club?

I could be wrong but I just dont see how they can build anything like a competitive squad? That’s not negative it’s just a reality of their situation Of coming from a third world country with one of the worse health and social/crime situations in the world.

ps dolphins have signed a number of origin/international players and first graders, it’s not like they are doing well with signing players who can’t get in nrl teams at all.

MugaB

Coach
ps dolphins have signed a number of origin/international players and first graders, it’s not like they are doing well with signing players who can’t get in nrl teams at all.
P.p.s they didn't get them until they showed they had some steel in them, that was atleast halfway thru the season, herbie, flegler, and then hammer became a marquee coz he was able to own one position, cows couldn't even fit him into the squad

Wb1234

Referee
Bears will be the developing club for perf

Heck they might even pay to develop Perth juniors

MugaB

Coach
Bears will be the developing club for perf

Heck they might even pay to develop Perth juniors
It would end up cheaper in the long run to do so, you pay your own development officers to stay there (FIFO) and train them up, instead of constantly flying over your bears reserves just to play 10 games a year, better off training them all there, and keeping your best bears there too (as the 30 man, 1st grade team)

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
It would end up cheaper in the long run yo do so, you pay your own development officers to stay there (FIFO) and train them up, instead of constantly flying over your bears reserves just to play 10 games a year, better off training them all there, and keep8ng you best bears there too (as the 30 man, 1st grade team)
I know it didn’t work at the tigers but two naw cup teams because Perth juniors won’t want to move to Sydney

plus integrating ns juniors into Perth from nsw cup isn’t ideal either

MugaB

Coach
I know it didn’t work at the tigers but two naw cup teams because Perth juniors won’t want to move to Sydney

plus integrating ns juniors into Perth from nsw cup isn’t ideal either
Don't need to, broncos don't do it, redcliffe have multiple feeder clubs, Storm are the perfect example, eastsT, SCfalcons, NSbears, all three autonomous, bellyache picks the eyes out of them

Perth Red

Post Whore
P.p.s they didn't get them until they showed they had some steel in them, that was atleast halfway thru the season, herbie, flegler, and then hammer became a marquee coz he was able to own one position, cows couldn't even fit him into the squad
Shall we just pretend they didn’t sign 3 international forwards from Storm prior to kicking off?

Because Perth will be able to sign English, Australian and nz first graders whilst the systems are improved, partnerships formed.

I’m sure in years to come png will produce a number of first graders, but it’s not likey to be 32 and they aren’t going to get overseas players wanting to go to Port Moresby so what are they going to do? the only players likely to go are the ones who have no other options, not a great line up I wouldn’t think. Then if by chance they do get good you thinks they won’t get snapped up by and Australian or nz club?

I could be wrong but I just dont see how they can build anything like a competitive squad? That’s not negative it’s just a reality of their situation Of coming from a third world country with one of the worse health and social/crime situations in the world.

You're talking too much sense!

That's frowned upon on LU.

Latest posts