What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Is the PNG PM taking the piss?

I think it might be a subtle nudge to the PNG Corporate sector that he expects them to all chip in.
I'm pretty sure he fully knows about any figures that Australia will provide but he still expects big businesses in PNG to contribute and not just leave it all to Kumul Petroluem Holdings.

This is a guy who is not afraid to take on big Corporates.
In 2020 he shut down the Barrick owned Pogera Gold Mine. It only re-opened this year after the Canadian Owners gave 51% share back to PNG.

So all Mineral Mining Companies, petroleum & Energy Companies, Telecommunication Companies, Banks, Breweries, big Manufacturers, Super funds etc will be feeling the heat.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Immortal
I think it might be a subtle nudge to the PNG Corporate sector that he expects them to all chip in.
I'm pretty sure he fully knows about any figures that Australia will provide but he still expects big businesses in PNG to contribute and not just leave it all to Kumul Petroluem Holdings.

In 2020 he shut down the Barrick owned Pogera Gold Mine. It only re-opened this year after the Canadian Owners gave 51% share back to PNG.
Just impose a mining tax on them if they don’t provide strong corporate support

its not like they can move the mines out of png

So all Mineral Mining Companies, petroleum & Energy Companies, Telecommunication Companies, Banks, Breweries, big Manufacturers, Super funds etc will be feeling the heat.
Do you think the bid has any hope of getting through?

It still needs support from the 17 NRL clubs, QRL and NSWRL. Unless there's something in it for them then they will vote against it. We know the QRL has thrown its support behind the Brisbane Tigers.

Labor faces annihilation at the Queensland election. Albo is probably going to get turfed in Queensland. Labor only wins federal elections when it picks up crucial swing seats in Queensland. I expect the Labor MPs from Queensland who represent swing seats to put their prospect of re-election ahead of a PNG NRL team. They're politicians. Not martyrs. The PNG NRL proposal was dreamt up by morons from NSW Labor in 2018 without any consideration for what it will do to the party in Queensland and the wasteland fumbleball states.

I don't care either way.
It's not something alot of fans up here loose sleep over.
Would Papuan RL fans prefer to have a stronger PNGRFL competition than an NRL club in Port Moresby?

A stronger PNGRFL benefits rugby league fans across the country. An NRL team in Port Moresby only benefits people in Port Moresby.