What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poker

zombie jesus

Staff member
I play on PokerStars. Only learnt the game in October/November but I think I'm doing OK. Read a few books and spend a lot of time reading poker forums and sites etc. I'm still getting my head around odds and all that but getting there. Have profited about $900 since Christmas playing the $12 turbo 180 man SnG's, seems to suit my TA style and skill level at the moment, there's alot of all in shoving in those so a lot of chips to be won and bad beats to be had, plus you pretty much know if you've cashed in about an hour so no 4-5 hour tournies to only to go bust on the bubble.

I've joined a Poker forum and there's some interesting stuff about poker software that bears examination.

Some claim that Full Tilt don't cheat but their software is designed to create action. i.e. Give you a straight on the turn and your opponent a flush on the river. Give you a flush on the flop, him a boat on the turn/river. It doesn't seem that far fetched a theory to me based on my experiences.

I think it's possible to use that to advantage if it's true, so I've started playing slightly differently and it worked first up. In the Aussie Freeroll on Wednesday I placed 2nd (played from 8pm till 1.30 am).

I'll keep playing that way for a fortnight and see what happens.

HevyDevy

Coach
Mate the software is not designed to do anything of the sort.

All online poiker sites have their software individually examined by a number of outside companies to ensure that they are truly random.

Anything else is illegal.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I've joined a Poker forum and there's some interesting stuff about poker software that bears examination.

Some claim that Full Tilt don't cheat but their software is designed to create action. i.e. Give you a straight on the turn and your opponent a flush on the river. Give you a flush on the flop, him a boat on the turn/river. It doesn't seem that far fetched a theory to me based on my experiences.

I think it's possible to use that to advantage if it's true, so I've started playing slightly differently and it worked first up. In the Aussie Freeroll on Wednesday I placed 2nd (played from 8pm till 1.30 am).

I'll keep playing that way for a fortnight and see what happens.

It is definitely set up for action.

Keep track of how many times Bullets and Cowboys are dealt at the same time.

Bumble

First Grade
Started playing in free rolls at my local clubs...been going ok, came 17th twice in three days though, both times knocked out really unluckily

Monday: K-J, went all in...called by K-10: hits 10 on the river

Wednesday: K-10, went all in...called by 6-7: hits 3-4-5 on the flop...ffs.

HevyDevy

Coach
Bumble said:
Started playing in free rolls at my local clubs...been going ok, came 17th twice in three days though, both times knocked out really unluckily

Monday: K-J, went all in...called by K-10: hits 10 on the river

Wednesday: K-10, went all in...called by 6-7: hits 3-4-5 on the flop...ffs.

What are you doing going all in with that rubbish?
:lol:

Bumble

First Grade
HevyDevy said:
What are you doing going all in with that rubbish?
:lol:

Short stacked both times...I thought that was obvious

This was late in the tourney where blinds were up to 1000/2000...

I won a 2700 person FT freeroll last night for a $15 cash. That goes with a second in the Aussie freeroll the other night for $12.00 and a small cash in their 10 cent re-buy tourney.

I did a few bucks in 90 person sng's but I'm still over $20 and it hasn't cost me a cent.

I have to work out what's best for me, so far I've played the 10 cent 3 times and cashed twice so I may have to concentrate on that to try and build up even though I can only play it once a week.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I won a 2700 person FT freeroll last night for a $15 cash. That goes with a second in the Aussie freeroll the other night for $12.00 and a small cash in their 10 cent re-buy tourney.

I did a few bucks in 90 person sng's but I'm still over $20 and it hasn't cost me a cent.

I have to work out what's best for me, so far I've played the 10 cent 3 times and cashed twice so I may have to concentrate on that to try and build up even though I can only play it once a week.

Considering that you haven't put in a cent, I would continue doing what you have been, and try to build it up some more.

Maybe it is worth playing the $1 Holdem NL Turbo SNG. Nine players, make the top 3 to cash, first plays $4.50. You thus need to win one in four to stay even.

Plenty of donks on that level to milk, all you need is some patience.

HevyDevy

Coach

Good going mate - it's a great starting point.

I've got a mate that is doing the same thing. He's going in those massive freerolls where the top 99 progress to the $2000 games. Poor bastard came 169th two days ago! They usually have around 12,000 starters so it's much harder to get into the 'money' - so to speak - than a normal tournament where the top 10% would be paid.

Ziggy the God said:
Considering that you haven't put in a cent, I would continue doing what you have been, and try to build it up some more.

Maybe it is worth playing the $1 Holdem NL Turbo SNG. Nine players, make the top 3 to cash, first plays $4.50. You thus need to win one in four to stay even.

Plenty of donks on that level to milk, all you need is some patience.

Tried a couple of those, got donked. lol

AA beaten by 10/7 and KK beaten by 99.

HevyDevy said:
Good going mate - it's a great starting point.

I've got a mate that is doing the same thing. He's going in those massive freerolls where the top 99 progress to the $2000 games. Poor bastard came 169th two days ago! They usually have around 12,000 starters so it's much harder to get into the 'money' - so to speak - than a normal tournament where the top 10% would be paid.

That's the pokerstars freerolls, tough going. I've made the money game a few times but never cashed.

That blows, the amount of people that will call with sh*t like that is unreal.

I've started playing 5 and 10 cent blind room, going ok, think I'll stay with them and play the odd tourney as well.

And people who call raises with inside straight draws. They should die. lol