What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poker

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
That blows, the amount of people that will call with sh*t like that is unreal.

I've started playing 5 and 10 cent blind room, going ok, think I'll stay with them and play the odd tourney as well.

And people who call raises with inside straight draws. They should die. lol

Lol, you can just visualise them sitting behind their screen yelling....

GUTSHOT, GUTSHOT, GUTSHOT....

:lol:

HevyDevy

Coach
That blows, the amount of people that will call with sh*t like that is unreal.

I've started playing 5 and 10 cent blind room, going ok, think I'll stay with them and play the odd tourney as well.

And people who call raises with inside straight draws. They should die. lol

Well it all depends on pot odds - if they've got the odds they can call, if they don't then you want them to call - even if they happen to hit.

HevyDevy

Coach
Mate, they're freerolls - people are going to go crazy in those things.

Stick a few hundred on a table and then see what happens.

If a player is calling outside of their pot odds on a regular basis then they will be a losing player over time - even though they will occasionally hit their card.

At the stakes I play, pot odds are almost irrelevant.

Especially in freerolls. Most of them have no idea what % they're calling at. and that goes for not just 3xBB raises, it included re-raises and all-ins. Try one, if you get AA or KK first hand and raise 3xBB you'll get 5 all-ins for your trouble. lol

And not just there, I've seen it happen with 18 people left in one, two tables.

I understand it's different the higher the stakes, but the lower you get, the more you'll get called by people that you know have 4, 3, 2 or even a 1 out.

HevyDevy

Coach
Yeah absolutely, it's chaos in those things.

I mean, it's hard enough to win any tournament let alone a freeroll with 12,000 people in it.

For the record, I just copped a shocking beat in SnG I was playing.

I called on the button with 5-5.

Flop was 5-4-4. The guys bets, I smooth call, Jack hits the turn. He bets, I re-raise, he goes all in, I call and he shows A-A.

Of course, you know what the river was ...

Yeah, I hear ya. That tightening of the chest is a pain when you see a river like that.. lol

Cashed again in last night's FT Aussie freeroll, 3 times inside a week plus the $100 freeroll win.

I'm going to stick to FT freerolls that offer cash prizes and play the 10 cent FT tourney on the weekend. That way I'm not really risking any of my cash. To keep occupied I'll keep playing the After Dark round one freerolls. I've made all bar one 2nd round of the last 10. Can only play the Sunday morning 2nd round though. (best finish 32nd with three top 50 finishes out of 2,500 players. Top 9 play for a spot on the TV show in round 3).

Bumble

First Grade
Played at Moorebank tonight, got to the final table for the first time which was good

Finished fourth...The guy who won monkeyed his way through the final table, it was ridiculous

Bumble

First Grade
Online it's shocking Bumble.

I've moved my stack up to $45 courtesy of a 4th in a $3 KO tourney and a bunch of cashes in freerolls.

Only $45? My brother played in a $3 tourney the other day and won $215...and I'm better than him at poker.

So now I'm playing on Partypoker as soon as my verification goes through. :cool:

Bumble

First Grade
Oh no, I was just saying it was wierd that you got so little in a $3 tourney when my brother played in one and came in the top 7 (there was no first placing, the prize pool was just split evenly through the top 7 players) and got so much more

No worries, there were only 90 players in the tourney, that's why the small $. I play them because it pays 18 of the 90, the odds of cashing are pretty good.

GL at partypoker.

OuTkAsT

Juniors
I am so sick of people playing bulls**t cards on party poker. All in before the flop on 8 3 off suit and winning! joke

The Dodger

First Grade
i go into cash games (10c-25c tables) with $10.
get it up to around $30-$40 then pull out.

quick cash.
tournaments are good because you dont get burnt as bad as cash games, but if your smart, you can make a killing.

there are a few users i know off by heart now that will go all in with low pairs, get on the same tale and wait for a good hand and kill them with it.

piss easy.

it sucks how they charge you $10 to pull cash out too.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Getting good results playing in the low level PLOmaha tournies. There's a lot of people playing it like Hold 'Em and not reading the draws on the board, makes for easy pickings.

HevyDevy

Coach
My favourite poker saying relates to Omaha and is just about true:

"If you have the nuts after the flop, fold."

HE players trying to take on Omaha without any experience are indeed easy pickings.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Just watching the updates from the current WPT event, Gus Hansen is ripping the final table a new one.

They're heads up after 22 hands (90 minutes) with Hansen having around 80% of the chips, he has been very lucky so far.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Wow.

Hansen kept his lead for 50+ hands, finally lost it and went bust within 5 hands. 2 pair busted with an A on the river to makes David Chiu a set of aces and the winner.