What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pom guilty - gets 2 match ban

Frailty

First Grade
I have no doubt in my mind the NRL wanted us to die or relocate (I think they preferred the first one).

They don't see us as having any value to their competition. There is no other explanation to the attitude the NRL has towards us. We don't get promoted by them (seriously see how often we appear in promos), they always throw the book at our players, suspended players from other clubs always seem to be available the week they play the sharks, they stopped any attempt at increasing cash flow into the club, they didn't take any action about our being ripped off twice (note the tigers got gipped once and how much extra attention was paid to obstruction rules that week). They have no problem with our side getting little to no FTA coverage, have no issue with us getting Monday nights 7 times this year (and whilst you can say this was Nine - the NRL haven't made any attempt to change this for the next 5 year deal). They had no problem with us getting ZERO byes before Origin this year (and this they do have control)...

The NRL wants us out of the competition. I used to care about the game and the sharks, now I couldn't give a f**k about the game. It's Sharks or nothing - I will not be going to neutral games (I live in Melbourne so I saw quite a few storm games), I will not be supporting Origin, the Kangaroos... I'm f**king over supporting a game that wants to see us die.

The day we win a premiership, I would love to see our captain and whoever is in charge of our club raise their middle finger and say 'f**k YOU' to the NRL.

DJShaksta

First Grade
The X Blades thing really irks me.
They deny our request to run it as a game day sponsor yet allow the bulldogs to wear Star Wars jerseys and the storm to run Dark Knight sponsored jerseys.
Fuggen joke

Vin Fizz

Bench
I have no doubt in my mind the NRL wanted us to die or relocate (I think they preferred the first one)...didn't take any action about our being ripped off twice (note the tigers got gipped once and how much extra attention was paid to obstruction rules that week).

Bloody good point Frailty. I hadn't picked that up.I'm guessing lots of people in the NRL and media are quietly shat off that we are here to stay now. Watch em jump on the band wagon now. TK has already thawed a little. Rsoles the lot of em!!!!

2 weeks for stupidity.

Better to have Pom in the team than out but gee he does some dumb things at times.

The week the NRL put out the edict that they would come down harder on shoulder charges he decides to put a late shoulder charge on one of the more protected species in the NRL in the 76th minute with the game long gone.

Dumb.

Probably cost him any finals football this year.

Frailty

First Grade
There was nothing wrong with Pom's hit - He did not make contact with Thurston's head.

But it was dumb - he should have jumped and elbowed the merkin in the head, and he would be free to play this weekend.

Quigs

Immortal
The NRL is trying to take out of the game a thing that has been part of the game since day zot.

We are going down the stupid bloody ARL path. Next thing they will get charged with wrasslin' and causing a malee.

Mark my words. Write it down.

There will be an upturn in the amount of players being sidelined with sternum injuries as a result of this.

A bloke lines up in defense. Has a wall of two, three forwards running to him at speed waiting to take a Noddy style flat pass from the halfback. The HB is going to feed the forward of his choice.

The defender has to brace himself for impact. Normal reaction is to turn, brace and take the impact on the shoulder. For good measure he should knock the attacker arse over tit for trying it. The old stop them farting in church method.

There is going to be a very fine line between what i mentioned above and what is a deliberate aggresive knock you to oblivion (Ingliss style) hit.

The Pink fools will have a field day and you just watch the whinging. You can sit back and watch it for yourselves. One day its turn the cheek Minichello style and then next week it will be lets bury the offender.

Another opportunity for the League to f**k up which ever side it wants too.

Oh and dont forget the extra blokes out with sternum injuries. If you cant brace or defencively attack the attacking wall there is only one way to defend and that is chest on. You can't go low because you will be attempting to wrap up the ball carrier.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Regardless of the suspension I'd still buy a framed print of The Pomm puttin the big shoulder on JT the merkin

Fire

First Grade
You'd all be singing a different tune if a North Queensland centre did the same thing to "Toddy".

M2D2

Bench
Why? So you blind f**kers can circlejerk yourselves?
There was contact with the head. He got two weeks for it.

Frailty

First Grade
Why? So you blind f**kers can circlejerk yourselves?
There was contact with the head. He got two weeks for it.

Initial contact was on Thurston's chest and shoulder. Momentum caused a whiplash motion that meant his head moved forward and brushed the back part of Pom's shoulder before falling back. The brunt of the force is felt in Thurston's shoulder/chest - NOT his head.

It was a bullshit charge and a bullshit suspension. I could live with it had Benji Marshall not been let off for worse the previous week, or Minichiello been let off for jumping and attacking the head of a player TWICE.

The only reason Pom was suspended was that he was wearing the black, white, and blue.

M2D2

Bench
There was still contact with the head. The idea that Pom was suspended because hes a cronulla sharks player is a fallacy. Its Due to the head that had contact made with, even tho it wasnt the initial point of contact is a Protected Species.
And as much as we would like it too, the judiciary f**king up the Mini case is not a cause for a free for all and everybody getting off.
Pom was stupid enough to put a shoulder charge on the biggest protected species in the f**king game the week after they put out a mandate that any case like this will go straight to the judiciary.
It was dumb. He paid the price.

Frailty

First Grade
There was still contact with the head.

So under your statement, if a player were to shoulder charge the ball runner in the gut, and then the ball runner as a result of that hit bent forward and hit his head on the tacklers lower back - he should still be suspended since there is contact with the head... That is stupid - it should always been the point of contact where the brunt of force is felt.

The idea that Pom was suspended because hes a cronulla sharks player is a fallacy. Its Due to the head that had contact made with, even tho it wasnt the initial point of contact is a Protected Species.

It came down to two things - The ARLC changing the rules one round from the finals, and the fact he is a sharks player. Do you honestly think Cameron Smith would be suspended if he were the player in question - HELL NO!

And as much as we would like it too, the judiciary f**king up the Mini case is not a cause for a free for all and everybody getting off.

And what about Benji last week? Or the fact that Jennings didn't get a charge at all for a swinging arm?

Pom was stupid enough to put a shoulder charge on the biggest protected species in the f**king game the week after they put out a mandate that any case like this will go straight to the judiciary.
It was dumb. He paid the price.

He is dumb. He is a footballer. But he did not break the rules to how they have been refereed for the entire year. It is absolute horseshit.

M2D2

Bench
Shoulder charge in the gut? That sounds like "making a legitimate tackle".
Pom went for a shoulder charge. It made contact with the head, the head of JT.
2 weeks.

Its just the inconsistency of decisions that shytes me. Yeah, Minichello. That is all. 2 weeks spanking is ok, better than the 3 that Inglis got.

webShark

It came down to two things - The ARLC changing the rules one round from the finals, and the fact he is a sharks player. Do you honestly think Cameron Smith would be suspended if he were the player in question

Yes I do. Bad example. Smith was made an example of in the 2008 finals for a wrestling type charge from memory. Missed the major semi against us.

Nuffs

Bench
the problem is that Pritchards was the same. he got left off.

however, they said they were changing the rules, and he's the first to be charged. done

if a similar incident goes unpunished this weekend, then yes the Sharks are being targeted, should move to Perth blah blah blah

Latest posts