What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor Billy Slater

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Poor Billy Slater. He deserved the Daly M as he has been the best and FAIREST all season. Geez, if only he didn’t run in and start laying punches on Jason Nightingale whilst he was held back and then lied to the Judiciary about 3 mystery headbutts. Damn it. My heart really goes out to this guy. He showed such great sportsmanship during and after that event and shows what a true gentleman he is. All kids should take note in his actions as he displayed true character and great control in what he did. How dare Nightingale headbutt Billy’s fist (whilst being held by Storm players) and not only once but 3 times (apparently).

Don’t worry Billy, if the NRL introduces a “CAT of the Year award”, you would win hands down with no one challenging you for that title. Actually, O’Meley might make a late charge. Those prowler like tackles he did on Friday were amazing. His timing of those hits when the player was tackled and had his kidneys showing was pretty impressive. I have never seen him hit that hard and run so fast to get the man and his accuracy was top notch.

The best part of the awards last night was the naming of the coach and captain of the year. Henry and Tongue really deserved those awards. Tongue is a true champion and plays with great heart. The look on Cam Smith’s face when he wasn’t named was priceless. As for Bellamy, well to bad mate. Coaches who actually make their teams play good open attacking footy deserve it more that coaches who concentrate on wrestling and slowing the game down and making a mockery of the standard of footy we are no use to watching.

Godz Illa

Coach
As I said in the main thread, his attempt to be a big hero by hitting Jamie Soward has cost him the highest individual honour in the game.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

breathes

Southernsaint

Staff member
"I won't get in trouble for interfering" - Billy Slater and Jack Ruby have something in common...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I can't believe the attempts made to make people feel sorry for this guy. It's disgusting. What he did that night was sheer cowardry and should not be swept under the carpet.

He reminds me of Christaino Ronaldo at ManU. Great player skill wise but a deadset cheat and shows bad sportsmanship.

Geez I hope the Dragons play thes Strm before Browny goes whilst the memories of that game are still fresh and we have Ryles in the side. It will be a bloodbath. If they win on Saturday they have a great chance of playing the scum again.

Go you Dragons.

drake

First Grade
Eat sh*t with Chopsticks woodlouse!

Very glad to see Alan Tongue get the captain of the year.

gregstar

Referee
2641445929_abcf6f850a.jpg

Godz Illa

Coach
No cause for a grudge, Angry? Not only did he punch Jamie Soward who he was being held by Storm teammates, he punched Jason Nightingale who was being held back by Storm teammates, then publicly pointed the finger at Florence at the judiciary claiming he was provoked by a headbutt! Not just aproven grub, but a lying snitch as well

dragonfan1

Juniors
Slater's a great player and he deserved it. Orford sucks and like they say, he struggles in the crunch games. That's why he never gets picked for origin. :lol:

MattYg1

Bench
No cause for a grudge, Angry? Not only did he punch Jamie Soward who he was being held by Storm teammates, he punched Jason Nightingale who was being held back by Storm teammates, then publicly pointed the finger at Florence at the judiciary claiming he was provoked by a headbutt! Not just aproven grub, but a lying snitch as well

Totally agree its not a grudge as such... it was just a low low act... i mean what a cat...

Great player and all BUT i still maintain that one leg injury that reduces his speed and he wont be anywhere near as good...

xofstgeorge

Juniors
cam smiths jaw hit the ground at the end of round 26 votes...
"Cameron smith...0 points...:shock::shock::shock:"

Classic.....Yee haa!!!

God-King Dean

Immortal

breathes