What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positive ONLY thread

+

Then on the other happy note, Jack Bird was meeting with dragons fans after the match and also a few Tigers fans who wanted a selfie with him.

It was a feel good moment.

Last edited:
Mary's gone

It wasn’t tries from kicks, it wasn’t rookies again, no problem with the DNA, the field wasn’t 10 metres too short, the game wasn’t 10 minutes too long, it wasn’t the two additional team selectors, shock horror, with his last dying breath...the truth was revealed and ...it was all JDBs fault.

Festers journey as a coach has just begun. Think positive.

Mary and I are backing him in to replace Freddy after we lose the series again.

We aren’t the Titans or Warriors (we’ve won a comp)

We aren’t the Broncos, Storm, Roosters, Titans Eels. Knights, Bulldogs, Rabbitohs (spoon winners this century).

We aren’t Sea Eagles, Storm, Eels, Bulldogs (salary cap cheats)

We aren’t Raiders, Eels, (won their last comp last century)

We aren’t Penrith, Tigers (won their last comp 2 decades ago)

We aren’t the Sharks..

Cocaine, Peptide munching, coach-cheating, swamp donkeys...

ALSGI

Bench
We aren’t the Titans or Warriors (we’ve won a comp)

We aren’t the Broncos, Storm, Roosters, Titans Eels. Knights, Bulldogs, Rabbitohs (spoon winners this century).

We aren’t Sea Eagles, Storm, Eels, Bulldogs (salary cap cheats)

We aren’t Raiders, Eels, (won their last comp last century)

We aren’t Penrith, Tigers (won their last comp 2 decades ago)

We aren’t the Sharks..

Cocaine, Peptide munching, coach-cheating, swamp donkeys...
Well who the f**kc are we?

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Just wanted to give a shout out to a few players who have put in over the last few weeks.

i. Gerrard Beale - I know he is not Reg Gasnier, but he has come in from essentially 2nd grade, he is not 1st grade fit but he is running strongly, taking hit ups out of our quarter and making his tackles.
ii. Jackson Ford - I know he is not Brad Clyde, but he has been playing out of position in the middle and trying his backside off. I would love to see him given some time as a wide running 2nd rower. I just think he might still have something about him.
iii. Braydon Williame - I know he is not Mal Meninga, but again he is someone who is trying his hardest.

These 3 players are putting in and when you compare them body language wise to Norman, Dufty and Hunt who can all tend to wander around disinterested and thereby infuriating supporters; well I know as a coach that I value effort and commitment. Not every player is blessed like Greg Inglis, Jonathan Thurston etc; and we get that. What we want therefore is that players squeeze every ounce out of their own talents through sheer hard work and effort.

And while we as supporters get irate at Ravalawa, McGuire and Fuiamono letting us down with high shots, we cannot accuse those 3 of not trying.

If we can combine that effort and commitment with enough creativity in attack them this entire season is not lost.

Dragon David

First Grade
Just wanted to give a shout out to a few players who have put in over the last few weeks.

i. Gerrard Beale - I know he is not Reg Gasnier, but he has come in from essentially 2nd grade, he is not 1st grade fit but he is running strongly, taking hit ups out of our quarter and making his tackles.
ii. Jackson Ford - I know he is not Brad Clyde, but he has been playing out of position in the middle and trying his backside off. I would love to see him given some time as a wide running 2nd rower. I just think he might still have something about him.
iii. Braydon Williame - I know he is not Mal Meninga, but again he is someone who is trying his hardest.

These 3 players are putting in and when you compare them body language wise to Norman, Dufty and Hunt who can all tend to wander around disinterested and thereby infuriating supporters; well I know as a coach that I value effort and commitment. Not every player is blessed like Greg Inglis, Jonathan Thurston etc; and we get that. What we want therefore is that players squeeze every ounce out of their own talents through sheer hard work and effort.

And while we as supporters get irate at Ravalawa, McGuire and Fuiamono letting us down with high shots, we cannot accuse those 3 of not trying.

If we can combine that effort and commitment with enough creativity in attack them this entire season is not lost.
When you have guys like Dale Finucane playing like he does, the coach just loves him. He gives total commitment when he is on the field.

That's what several of our players are doing and that is what Hook is looking for in each and every player - total commitment. It is not hard if your heart is with the Dragons.

BLM01

First Grade
Whilst sounds negative to me is a positive.
Finally a journo (although it is only Slothfield) coming out and confirming what we all wondered in that Mary lost the senior players last year leaving his footprints in all areas of the building..including Dufty.
Obviously with the exception of McInnes who went out of his way to make a stand in front of those senior players and with the benefit of hindsight makes sense that Cam's time at the club and as captain would of have been untenable.

BLM01

First Grade
When you have guys like Dale Finucane playing like he does, the coach just loves him. He gives total commitment when he is on the field.

That's what several of our players are doing and that is what Hook is looking for in each and every player - total commitment. It is not hard if your heart is with the Dragons.
Sounds like Melb will keep him cause they really really want him