Anybody out there?
Anybody out there?
Bloody hell OT, I know you had soggy chips yesterday but cheer up.I am positive that it will take only 1 or 2 good performances by us and people will again be on the band waggon of us making the 8 bla bla bla.
I am also positive that people will find ways to blame Hook for anything and everything he does just so their favourite players are not blamed for anything.
I am also positive that despite yesterdays bitter disappointment we are in a better position than we were 12 months ago because positive decisions re certain players are being made and the uncertainty of what they will bring to game day will disappear.
As this is the positive thread I'll be positive in what I'm saying and respond to your points.Bloody hell OT, I know you had soggy chips yesterday but cheer up.
Other Dragons fans really piss you off don’t they?
You want everyone to be 100% on board with Hook and if they aren’t they are morons right? Am I right?
I have learned a few things about you lately.
1. You are not impressed with soggy chips
2. You are going defend Hook at all costs even if he does hire journeymen who you used to bag the shit out of. Pretty sure you’d still be talking him up even if we got the spoon this year.
3. You never admit that you got it wrong like Sims for Origin. Or are you sitting tight waiting for game 2 and 3 hoping he screws up so you can say see toldya!?
1. Fair enough, sorry you had to sit through that rubbish live.As this is the positive thread I'll be positive in what I'm saying and respond to your points.
1. I was not impressed with soggy chips but in the end they impressed me more than that low game of football I endured.
2. I am not going to defend Hook at all cost I am simply going to give him a requisite amount of time and acknowledge what it is I think that he is doing that is better than what we had before and also acknowledge that he got a basket case to deal with that obviously other coaches had no intention of taking on and in the end it will take time to fix. FMD people in here keep raising the level of expectation so that the coach can and will fail, face facts our roster is pedestrian and it is actually surprising that we are where we are on the ladder.
3. I stand by my statement that I don't know how Sims got picked for origin. IMO his form did not warrant him being picked and if I was picking a side tomorrow on form out of the weekend he still wouldn't get picked because he played shit. I did acknowledge he played well in the SOO ( no doubt a format that sees him at his best) but him playing well in that game is after the fact that and IMO on the basis of club form this year others deserved to be picked in front of him. It's not about saying I told you so it is about how he got picked ahead of others which is the same arguement we have every week in this place re the selection of people like Norman, Pereira, Dufty, Kerr, Burns, Ford etc etc everyone has an opinion.
2. Not suggesting he gets a free ride but I am suggesting there has not been enough time lapsed to be critical to the point some in here have been. FMD he has had injuries, suspensions, a less than full roster, no one of quality willing to come as issues to deal with and yet we still sit in the 8 when we are supposed to be 16th?1. Fair enough, sorry you had to sit through that rubbish live.
2. Just because Hook is better than the last coach doesn’t mean he gets a free ride. Yes it will take time but we should be calling a spade a spade. So far, twice losing to Sharks, twice to Tigers, and yesterday’s abomination. Do you think their rosters are much stronger than ours?
I don’t. FTR, I am happy we have Hook at the helm for now but he will need to do more than what he has done thus far to get an extension. Recruitment has been questionable and apparently he wanted to extend Norman.
3. Sims selection was slightly controversial but you made it out like it was a ridiculous decision.
However he played extremely well and you can only say that the selection panel got it right, you got it wrong.