What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positive ONLY thread

And as a kid, the dragons jerseys were always bloody and muddy with grass stains by half time.

And at full time, you could barely recognise what side they were.

I predict a return to the glory of the filthy jersey under Hook. Even a small stain on the sock of a winger will be an enormous improvement.

If there’s a brawl, woe betide anyone who doesn’t run in to defend Dufty.

ALSGI

Bench
Things are looking up.
There are now seven teams below us and we haven't needed to do squat.
Yep, can’t do worse than Manly surely.
They’d have to save a few teams from the timber trophy this year.

Their fans are in melt down. We dodged a bullet with Garrick and didn’t we almost by the Turbo brothers (Tom’s injuries and Jake’s form last 2yrs). SAAB had a poor game but could still improve.

Hope we can at least come away with some promise, improvement and see a lot of effort and commitment today.

possm

Coach
Yep, can’t do worse than Manly surely.
They’d have to save a few teams from the timber trophy this year.

Their fans are in melt down. We dodged a bullet with Garrick and didn’t we almost by the Turbo brothers (Tom’s injuries and Jake’s form last 2yrs). SAAB had a poor game but could still improve.

Hope we can at least come away with some promise, improvement and see a lot of effort and commitment today.
Walker at fullback was Manly's worst player on the field. They are really missing their champion fullback. I'd say they are also missing the services of AFB. None of the forwards they snatched from the Tigers proved to be a good substitute for his go forward.

Walker at fullback was Manly's worst player on the field. They are really missing their champion fullback. I'd say they are also missing the services of AFB. None of the forwards they snatched from the Tigers proved to be a good substitute for his go forward.

7F4CF2CE-49E8-4715-8F68-F19449EF0DF2.jpeg
Make sure you whipper Snipper Desmonds driveway Allo,

SBD82

Coach
Ramsey had an opportunity to show that he is comfortable at fullback, which may hasten Dufty being dropped.

Seriously, how good was his shot on Tolman close to the line?

goldiesaintz

Juniors
I like Duffy, faults and all.
Yes he can make a mistake but he, unlike others, can then turn it around and win the game or at least score a couple of tries.

Cronulla didn’t beat us, the refs did.

SBD82

Coach
I like Duffy, faults and all.
Yes he can make a mistake but he, unlike others, can then turn it around and win the game or at least score a couple of tries.

Cronulla didn’t beat us, the refs did.
His ability under the high ball is unacceptable for an NRL fullback.

I’ll give grace to players who are new to first grade, but that’s not what he is anymore. If a fullback can’t catch a ball after 60 games of first grade, why should we think he will ever be able to?

redv13

Bench
His ability under the high ball is unacceptable for an NRL fullback.

I’ll give grace to players who are new to first grade, but that’s not what he is anymore. If a fullback can’t catch a ball after 60 games of first grade, why should we think he will ever be able to?
Lose the dropsies and he will be a solid 1st grade fb. Not sure he can lose the dropsies considering he’s played nearly 70 games of 1st grade

The Badger

Juniors
Ramsey had an opportunity to show that he is comfortable at fullback, which may hasten Dufty being dropped.

Seriously, how good was his shot on Tolman close to the line?
Some good signs out of the game .
Ramsay much better option at fullback than Dufty.Knows how to look for opportunities and create something every time he has ball which means he is wasted on wing.Will hit with everything he has got in defence.This would allow Dufty to move to bench and play anywhere he wants in attack for 20 minutes.This also takes the dropped balls out of the equation and have him fresh running at tired defence.He doesnt need to be left out, just used differently.

Bird is a gun.I would like to see him second row inside Lomax to get some clean and creative ball to him.His attitude yesterday said YES I am back and I am a leader.

Vaughan , Fui ,Mculloch,Blocka, Alvaro did well.Kerr will be good if returned to middle.

We have big problem in the halves.The only solution is to bring in the youngsters.Hunt and Norman wont be the answer.Hunt still has very negative energy.Thats not captain material or NRL material.

Lomax is also a gun.Needs some support and quality service.Another with a YES attitude.

3 or 4 gaps to fill.Dont see Debelin as the answer as too many what ifs to that situation.Have to be patient and hope that recruitment finds some answers.

redv13

Bench
Vaughan made 200 metres.
One of our forwards actually stood up for a team mate after copping a high shot. You're a champion Lawrie.
McCullogh made 60+ tackles.

Signs of culture change.
Fix the first 20 mins and the 14 point head start and I think the last 60 mins was fine compared to 2019/2020. Saints we’re getting on top and if the Ramsey try stands we come home hard. The Sharks were gone at that point and Saints were building nicely. Not reaching for the razor blades just yet but hopefully the first 20 mins was down to conditions, nerves and rust.

TruSaint

Referee
Vaughan made 200 metres.
One of our forwards actually stood up for a team mate after copping a high shot. You're a champion Lawrie.
McCullogh made 60+ tackles.

Signs of culture change.

Posted this elsewhere by Vaughan was great, back to his form a few years ago.

Lawrie, whom I have called a bog average in the past, won me over with his reaction to the high shot on Dufty, and his aggressive hit ups.

It will be a rollercoaster year, but yesterday lifted my spirits, albeit in defeat.