What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positives of 2010 Season

The only positive for me, with all due respect to Jeff Robson, is that our administration has finally started to take it seriously that we need a first rate half back.
Tonight was as good as proof as ever that, if we don't have someone steering the ship, we'll hit a f**king iceberg and sink.
I don't care what we have to offer Quade Cooper - he is our last hope of cutting something decent for the halves. We need to get him.

Suity

As always your spot on.

If we had decent 6 and 7 this year we would have won another 5 games.

No direction, no repeats sets of 6 to build pressure. Disappointed KK did not kick on.

Disappointed that Humble wasn't left in the 6 position to really show what he can do.

Positives our go forward has been the best in years and Jarryd Hayne is orgasmic.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Postives for the season?????? :-k

1 - Umm i suppose it's nearly over :eek:

2 - Mannah and Horo's outstanding seasons

3 - Throw in Haynes head butt against that Merkin Slater

4 - Brett Finch never winning a NRL Title.........

Bigfella

Coach
Main positive for me is that the cayless era is now over and we can move forward hopefully with a new culture.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
At some stages for short periods we showed we can play quality attacking football and be a tough defending side. Unfortunately, in the last two games for the most part we were inept. No one wanted to run the ball hard last night. It was great to see it get wide early and the first set showed how easier the metres can be but then they all stopped running and supporting the ball runners.

For next year I would love to see after some more fitness training early, for them to do a lot of ball playing drills and work on support running, running angles and getting depth into the attack to go wide early in the count, but they need to run to the gaps.

TheRam

Coach
To put it all in perspective.

The Broncos were building to being premiership favorites, then Lockyer busts his ribs.

Now the Broncos can't even beat Parra, let alone anyone else for that matter.

End of story, if we had a top line half, we probably win the title for the next couple of years.

Best part of 2010, EVERYONE in and outside of our club now realises this and management are trying their damnedest to get this addressed.

Hopefully from here on in and forever more our club will beg, borrow or steal to have at least a top 3 half in our squad. They have started this process with the acquisition of two of the most talented halves in the lower grades for next year. Hopefully this is a sign of our future planning direction.

Oh and the unearthing of Jacob Loko in the NYC. What a player!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Main positive for me is that the cayless era is now over and we can move forward hopefully with a new culture.
Agreed, might seem harsh for such a loyal club servant but the Culture at this club has been not good enough for a long time. We blamed Smithy, then Hagan and now Ando but they only constant in this has been Cayless......

Springs

First Grade
Agreed, might seem harsh for such a loyal club servant but the Culture at this club has been not good enough for a long time. We blamed Smithy, then Hagan and now Ando but they only constant in this has been Cayless......

Ha ha ha, what a ridiculous thing to say. I thought it was Fitzgerald's culture that was at fault?
Next year it won't be Cayless, it will be Hindmarsh, and a few years on it will somehow be all Mortimer's fault again.

Chipmunk

Coach
its up to the coach. Im worried for next year that more of what we did this year will rear its wretched head next year... atleast KK was half decent. Robson was better at hooker IMO, way better than he is a half or 5/8.

we better pick up someone ASAP

The question is who? We have picked up two kids from the Under 20's, but I guess at this stage we have bought potential rather than any certainty.

Quade Cooper could be the option, but if they didnt get his signature before he went to South Africa then I think the 'team building' and 'brainwashing' that would go on in South Africa then he is no chance of signing once he gets back.....

Matt Orford has been suggested, really he is probably the only option left after Cooper, but there hasnt been much talk of him of late. I think he would be ideal, but perhaps not going to happen with all this Quade Cooper talk.....

So....who else is there?

It would surprise me if this wasnt the 6,7,9 next year

6 Mortimer
7 Robson
9 Keating

All rubbish.....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ha ha ha, what a ridiculous thing to say. I thought it was Fitzgerald's culture that was at fault?
Next year it won't be Cayless, it will be Hindmarsh, and a few years on it will somehow be all Mortimer's fault again.
So you thought last nights effort was good enough??? A team still a chance in cracking the 8 dished up that. If the players respected Cayless half as much as they say they do you reckon they would have offered up that????? When Smithy was here he was a choker, he left a cuture of choking blah blah blah.

Hagan comes along, within 12 months the team becomes a rabble, of course some of it is his fault but what about the captain and senior players??? Wouldn't a real leader of men pull the team aside and say this is just not good enough???

Ando comes along, great record and highly respected and once again within 12 months we look a disinterested rabble. Cayless and as much as it pains me to say Hindy are the only constant in all of this. I think the senior players are the root of some of our problems at the club. I don't think mentally they ever really got over the GF choke of 2001. Cayless has been captain of the biggest under acheiving team of the decade, but none of it is his fault at all???? And we won't talk about the massive overs he has been on for the most of his career..........

Glenn

First Grade
Mannah getting his SOO debut.
Development of Horo
Ben Smith establishing himself as a second rower.

Eelementary

Post Whore

And Burt. And Hindmarsh.

???

Caylo has struggled at times. He'll be the first to admit that.

But he has NEVER given less than 100% and he deserves better than this.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And Burt. And Hindmarsh.

???

Caylo has struggled at times. He'll be the first to admit that.

But he has NEVER given less than 100% and he deserves better than this.
True in another post i also mentioned Hindy, but no one can question Caylo not giving 100%.

Eelementary

Post Whore
True in another post i also mentioned Hindy, but no one can question Caylo not giving 100%.

I'm just saying that through all our coaches of the last 15 or so years, the constants in the playing roster have been our three veterans. They all seem to give it a red hot go every time they play, but clearly there is a problem in there somewhere. Why can other sides get up when their season is on the line but the Eels can't? Why could Manly move heaven and Earth to send out Beaver Menzies a winner in '08 but we couldn't do the same for Caylo this year?

:crazy:

I'm very upset. I realise that they "broke the trend" by fighting against the odds last year to make the Grand Final, but it was an unusual disruption to the usual trend we show. :(

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm just saying that through all our coaches of the last 15 or so years, the constants in the playing roster have been our three veterans. They all seem to give it a red hot go every time they play, but clearly there is a problem in there somewhere. Why can other sides get up when their season is on the line but the Eels can't? Why could Manly move heaven and Earth to send out Beaver Menzies a winner in '08 but we couldn't do the same for Caylo this year?

:crazy:

I'm very upset. I realise that they "broke the trend" by fighting against the odds last year to make the Grand Final, but it was an unusual disruption to the usual trend we show. :(
I agree with all of this, look at the Dogs in 2004 also. Whenever adversity comes up against Parra, normally Parra get going. Unfortunately the other way :(

Djay

Juniors
The development of Justin Horo and Mannah and the improvement of Hayne's all round playmaking skills.

cv8z

Juniors
And Hindy

Last edited:

Latest posts