What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positives of 2010 Season

Eelementary

Post Whore
I really hope that by the time Hindy retires, someone in our team learns a degree of maturity to lead. Beyond Hindy atm, I see noone being effective captain material.

Hayne has the potential...But in his current stubborn and crying state...Well
:S

What do you think about Ben Smith as a possible captain? He might need to work on his referee communication skills, but he'd be a good captain IMO. He's become an essential part of the side and is inspirational IMO - his runs and hits on Friday were awesome, and he was doing his best to lift the side.

Freak2

Juniors
The best thing for me to come out of 2010 was beating Manly twice!!:D

I could think of a few others though.

STH increase
Timmy Mannah jumping up to the next level
Benny Smith becoming a genuine back rower
Justin Poores back end of the season
Justin Horro cementing his position in 1st grade and being resigned
The poor results in all grades might keep the Vultures away from our juniors!;-)
Ozzie is doing a super job as CEO in a difficult environment
We have money to burn in our cap moving forward

Any person blaming Nathan Cayless for instilling a losing / bad culture in this club is an imbecile.

We have seen two Gen Y slackers leave the club to head to the Warriors, and if Hayne can man-up and not have a sook the next time the coach states the obvious, we may develop a stronger attitude in 2011.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Im tired of hearing people blame him. He is a forward FFS. He is there to lay the foundation for the backs.

This club has not invested in props for years, and often, after injury, Caylo has been the only one left standing in the front row (or Fui being suspended). I cant believe people continue to bag the guy. Instead of bagging him, how about looking at his circumstances.

Until this year (with the purchase of Justin Poore, who I bagged at the beginning of the year, but would now say is a great purchase, and one of the positives I have seen this year) how many representative front rowers had we produced or purchased since Mick Vella?

Yes, Fui has been a rep, but, besides a big year last year, I dont think he has been the same, since coming back from injury.

Tim Mannah really rose to the challenge this year.

Lets name a few other props, in previous seasons: Jeremy Latimore, Aaron Cannings, Adam Peek, Justin Tsoulos, Paul Stringer, Josh Cordoba - just to name a few.

Have a good look at the situation, before blaming one player.:twisted:

mrpwnd

Bench
What do you think about Ben Smith as a possible captain? He might need to work on his referee communication skills, but he'd be a good captain IMO. He's become an essential part of the side and is inspirational IMO - his runs and hits on Friday were awesome, and he was doing his best to lift the side.
I reckon Benny would do okay, but i'd prefer someone more well-versed in footy knowledge and strategies to guide us around the park.

Plus, it's too late for Benny, the refs hate his guts. He gets some of the dumbest penalties, behind Gallen.

Latest posts