What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positives out of THAT game....

simon says

First Grade
Very happy with the Halatau and Bronson.Thses two boys were the only blokes that looked like breaking a tackle.Both went close to scoring and Im extremely happy about Bronson....that was his best first grade game IMHO....

Have to have a whinge.....I havent said anything about Princes kicking game for a while,but it was as usual diabolical.I must admit I have been shocked to hear so many people say his kicks are good.

And im not talking about when he was being pressured.....im not expecting 40/20's.But gee not only are his kicks bad...but his kick selection is wrong.A few times in the game we had a great set of 6,got about 40 metres out and Prionce would put up a bomb that would go straight to a player in space.They take it back to where Prince kicked it and we have just undone the good work .Time and time again he does the same thing.

We wont win too many games unless we sort out the kicking.....Kerr??????

daslacker

Juniors
Watching bronson yesterday i thought,gee this bloke playing in the centre's
reminds me of tony iro (manly player).

Dene has been great this year.

F@#@ed if i know why but people around here don't rate kerr.
I'm not holding my breathe either with him getting selected.
Sheens will probably will play fitzy/graham or buettner this
week at 5/8.

cadburys

Juniors
The fulltime siren.

The negative which started all the rot, was the positional play of the backs
,for one, hodgson being caught on the last tackle, they take it straight up the middle, no-one at home, shut the gate, very poor.

And as for prince being blamed for all the misses on gasnier, how about
where the h... was elford, this is what gave me the poops.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Elford was defending further in field, why prince had himself out so wide is trivial at best.

Prince is to blame for the missed tackles on Gasnier. If he had've made the tackles, then Gasnier would have been 4 tries less.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
What about the omission of Fitzhenry before the game?

With that in mind, there are no positives

Bench
hopefully Sheens will never put Wilson in the 6 jumper ever again,no idea and his defence from last year has gone with his enthusiasm,back to Balmain old mate.I think Graham and Buettner should follow him back to premier league,please.

Famous1

Juniors
851 said:
hopefully Sheens will never put Wilson in the 6 jumper ever again,no idea and his defence from last year has gone with his enthusiasm,back to Balmain old mate.I think Graham and Buettner should follow him back to premier league,please.
not back to premier league, RETIREMENT LOOM OMINOUS

Trollhammaren

Juniors
That pigeon should have been wearing Graham's jumper...

I think 90% of Tigers fans here want Kerr in the #7 this week, though I think Sheens just wants Prince there cause he is playing there in Origin. Prince #6, Kerr #7. There you go, don't change that.

Positives: Sheens now knows Graham shall not play NRL again this year. Same with Wilson too perhaps.

JOELCORE

Juniors
I was happy to see prince run with the ball and look alittle dangerous.He hasnt done enough of it this year.

cadburys

Juniors
I can cop prince being blamed for his defensive inefficiences, but for all 4 tries, you've gotta be kidding.

Madunit, you stated elford was defending further infield, does that mean he was defending there the whole game, because if he was, then what's the point in selecting prince at half, when he was playing centre in the defensive line.

One of gasnier's tries came through a shimmy he put on hodgson, but the blame for that can also be laid at the feet of the first line of defence, but on the other occasions prince was the last man standing.

This was also the case a few weeks back when kidwell smashed his way over from close range through benji and prince, again where the h... was the centre on that side of the field.

If the same positional deficiences rear their head this weekend, it will be
another blowout.

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

innsaneink

Referee
madunit said:
Wilson is a first grade player definitely, just not at half.

First grade players dont direct the opposition to the try line.....While Gasnier scored his 3rd, Wilsons two arms out pretend grab was the worst individual defensive effort i've seen from a player wearing a Wests tigers jumper.

brook

First Grade
innsaneink said:
madunit said:
Wilson is a first grade player definitely, just not at half.

First grade players dont direct the opposition to the try line.....While Gasnier scored his 3rd, Wilsons two arms out pretend grab was the worst individual defensive effort i've seen from a player wearing a Wests tigers jumper.

nah It was close - but doesn't beat one by tyron smith in that disaster against melbourne a few years ago...

Latest posts