What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible NSW Origin Line-ups

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Phillips said:
tongue at lock? haha

Paul Gallen played himself into the NSW pack against the tigers.. imo

Gallen was decent but his form isn't a speck on Greg Bird at the moment. He is NSW's and almost the NRL's best Forward this season.

MSKnight

Juniors
Stuff Tahu, He's off to Union!

1. Miniciello/Stewart
2. King
3. Lyon
4. Cooper
5. Grothe
6. Mullen
7. Hornby
8. Bailey
9. Buderus
10. Kite
11. Mason
12. Hindmarsh
13. Ryan

14. Gidley
15. Maitua
16. O'Meley
17. Menzies (If Available)

Im gonna throw Michael Monaghan's name into the ring for the NSW No.7 jumper, been as good as if not the best halfback in the competition so far this year

perverse

Referee
if mini has been playing consistantly like he did against the raiders.. he isn't going to come within 100 miles of a blues jersey. some good things.. a lot of bad ones.

carney was very impressive last night.. very young, but as i see it they don't have many choices apart from carney and mullen.. and both are young. carney in front after last night, but he has to keep doing it - and away from home too.

don't be surprised if kidley pulls on the #1 jersey for the blues... he's ready for it.

t-ba

Post Whore
VictorTheViking said:
Im gonna throw Michael Monaghan's name into the ring for the NSW No.7 jumper, been as good as if not the best halfback in the competition so far this year

He does some good things, but a top shelf halfback would have produced 50 points on the back of some of the efforts the Manly pack has put in. Heart of Phar Lap, but waaaayy to inconsistent for SoO level football.

voltron

Juniors
as much as i love mini, but i'll have to agree, if he plays like he did yesterday
then he aint getting the blues jersey back
i'd put stewart above kidley
but im all for kidley at utility on the bench

perverse

Referee
voltron said:
as much as i love mini, but i'll have to agree, if he plays like he did yesterday
then he aint getting the blues jersey back
i'd put stewart above kidley
but im all for kidley at utility on the bench
i don't think anyone can argue with that at the moment, but i think kids is more of a chance than people are giving him credit for. and yeah, i think his versatility will see him in the #14.

but as i said, i believe he's now forcing himself into contention for the #1.

Snoz

Juniors
Mini/Stewart - whoever shows form for next month
King
Lyon
Cooper
Tahu
Gidley
Orford
Kite
Bedsy
Bailey
Hindmarsh
Mason
Ryan

Simpson
O'Meley
Hoffman/Laffranchi/Gallen/Bird
Gower/Farah/Hornby

I find it strange that everyone is naming Matt Orford who has played one game, and Ben Hornby, who has been deadset ordinary (in the games ive seen) this year

perverse

Referee
if they pick kidley at #6 they will kill his representative career if he is to have one.

he is not a 5/8th.

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Eric Grothe
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Matt Cooper
5. Matt King
6. Todd Carney
7. Craig Gower
8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus
10. Brent Kite
11. Willie Mason
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Alan Tongue

14. Mark O'Meley
15. Steve Simpson
16. Andrew Ryan
17. Ben Hornby

Special K

Coach
Bird maybe a move back to the 6. He isn't a good 6 but is a form player and should be in the 17. Use him as a 13 with the 6 on his back and he should be alright. Ask him to play a traditional 6 role and uh oh

lockyno1

Post Whore
No, no, and no. Bird at 6..and you will lose 3-0. I would have Carney at 6, and one of Orford, Kimmorley, or Gower at 7.

icewind

Juniors
1. Stewart/Hodgson
2. Tahu/Grothe
3. Cooper
4. Lyon
5. King

6. Mullen
7. Gower

8. Bailey
9. Buderus
10.Mason
11.Hindmarsh
12.Simpson
13.Bird

14.Gallen
15.O'Meley
16.Kite
17.Farah

imo, Farah needs to be somewhere in the 17, if not, then Hodgson needs to be no1, to add some playmaking options. I would go with farah, only problem is beds is 80mins.

Raider_69

Post Whore
curious, why does jarred mullen continue to get pegged by those here for the pivot position ahead of carney? if they are going to take a risk on a young bloke, its a two horse race with mullen and carney but few could disagree that in that race its Carney by a langth or two at the moment

Jono078

Referee
Id be happy with Carney getting in before Mullen.

Carney has quite a few games under his belt in NRL now (well a fair few more than Mullen) and is in the better form atm.

He's also doing well in a team that noone expected would do well, so imagine how good he could go in an origin lineup.

Raider_69

Post Whore
my point exactly and as ive always said, its far from a shot at mullen, whom i rate highly, so highly infact i believe he and toddy will be the dominate halves combination NSW need