POST GAME DISCUSSION 2019 Rd13 - Eels 22 v Sharks 42

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by TheParraboy, Jun 8, 2019.

1. hindy111

hindy111 Referee

Oooh shit he has skipped the gif and gone to wikipedia.
    Serious business now. Give him a gif lingard.

hineyrulz likes this.
  2. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

What you smell merkin, is not my gifs.

3. hindy111

hindy111 Referee

Well these dried apples do let off a stench.

4. Gronk

Take the garbage out FFS.

5. T-Boon

T-Boon First Grade

What was the garbage the coach was going on about in the press conference about deciding whether we are a full time or a part time team. Was he saying he put that question to the players? Does he really think these players will respond to a passive aggressive coach? They need things made simpler not more difficult. I get that he has run out of things to say to the media but make some effort. Throw a drink bottle or something.

6. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

Think of it in volcano terms. Normally, a typical volcano will erupt, spew lava and steam, ash etc, then it cools down and it all gets back to normal. But, we are Parra fans. Mt Vesuvius, Krakatoa and Mt St Helens are part of our DNA.

7. lingard

lingard First Grade

I don't know how. I think I've missed my chance. F#ck.

8. Suitman

Suitman Immortal

To be fair Gronk, I can understand why people go into fits of rage. I quite understand why posters go through those emotions and express their dismay on this forum.
    32 years with no Premiership success is just a start.
    Just over half a dozen years ago, nearly everyone was dismayed at our constant turnover of coaches. Why? Due to our lack of success and the disruption, and constant rebuilding of the playing roster.
    Everyone was calling for stability in management due to the way it was affecting the players and coaching staff.

Well, we've had more stability in senior/club management in the past 3 years. We're now into the 6th year of our current coach. Yet, I just can't see how we have become a better club.
    We are making the same mistakes year after year. We have not improved the club's mentality on the playing field. With our away record, there wouldn't be ONE NRL team that is afraid to play us at their home. It's disgusting.

I admire your positivity, but really, we have gone no where for so long now. Do you really blame fans for being frustrated with that?
    Hineyrulz makes plenty of fair points, yet they are disregarded and seen as perennial whinging. Plenty of others make the same points. Wrist slitting posts. A lot of them make valid points also.

I see our fans in 3 categories (and probably no different to any other club's fans).

1. Those that want success. Won't tolerate such an extended spell of failure. Will speak their mind when things are shit. Will always support the club loyally. Will be brutal in their appraisal of our poor perfomances.

2. Those that will support the club continually regardless, also through loyalty, and be forever positive and upbeat and optimistic.

3. Fence sitters.

I see value in all of these. It's healthy for debate. No one is either right or wrong.

I'm one of those fence sitters at the moment. I want to support BA, I really do, but the shit we have dished up over the past 5 weeks is really tearing at my opinion. 6 years he's had to right this ship. It's just not good enough that the basics of the game still seem beyond us. Pride in the jersey is still beyond us. Toughing things out when we are struggling is really beyond us. Winning away is beyond us. Basic fundamentals of game day play are really beyond us.

Finally, this season was the greatest opportunity to rebuild our brand we have had since 1986. The new stadium was the chance to use further increased membership and build towards success. We just seem to be going down the same old path. I don't know what BA has to do to turn this around, but if he doesn't do it soon, it's a massively wasted opportunity. I've seen too many wooden spoons in recent years for my liking, and I for one are just not going to sit here forever and defend him, or the club.

9. hindy111

hindy111 Referee

I couldn't of said it better myself. Except for the part about BA. Im almost convinced he is just throwing darts blind. Some will hit the bullseye occassionaly mate. People want to say we need leaders or we need a clean out. I understand a new coach coming in and using that one but this is BA team and his future planning in its element.
    I see the same repeat since 2014. Same style and same response to a loss or victory. The season is not over and there is time to click. But I see our team march out too often without game mode on and blown out of game within 20mins. Some of our losses this season are purely due to a shit attitude and not giving 100%

10. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

We can still steal a spoon.

11. TheParraboy

TheParraboy Moderator Staff Member

This

spot on mate, each has their own way

healthy debate is fantastic, though at times it not healthy and does get quite repetitive and excessive which not only doesn't change things whatsoever, isn't a good thing for anyone to get too caught up in, health wise. But each their own, as long as personal attacks are left at the door, it is a Parra forum to talk about Parra.

Hope we belt the showponys, god please. Probably my most hated team in the comp, along with Storm

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    Suitman likes this.
  12. TheParraboy

and a top 8 spot..

Suitman likes this.
  13. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

Hineyrulz is a player. I'd buy him a beer but he'd probably steal my lime scooter and double Gary home.

hineyrulz likes this.
  14. Gronk

I’m all for healthy debate. When we are on a hole, there is lots to talk about.

I get down when we lose as much as anyone. So when posters go after my club in disrespectful way, my instinct is to defend the club. That’s who I am.

Eelementary and TheParraboy like this.
  15. TheParraboy

Id buy any eels supporter on here a beer

even hiney111

Suitman likes this.
  16. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

Odds on both scenarios? I don't reckon we are a chance for the 8 now but could get some decent dollars on the bottom 4.

17. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

Probably a Hammer 'n Tongs. wink.gif

TheParraboy likes this.
  18. Gronk

Don’t ever let @hindy111 sleep on your couch. I don’t think you’ll ever get rid of him.

Eelogical and TheParraboy like this.
  19. TheParraboy

Beat showponys next Saturday at home

then week off due to rep round, rest will suit us since we are going to Darwin

Beat Raiders in Darwin (as hard as it will be)

then the bye

brings up right back in the fold

Of course losing our next two matches we are totally ratshitted and will struggle not to be in the bottom 4

Eelementary likes this.
  20. TheParraboy

ill give him some coin in a hostel for the night