What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post game discussion v panthers

Snoochies

First Grade
Road trip to Brisbane, get flogged followed by a road trip to Townsville where we always suck then a 5 day turn around, I think the writing was on the wall well before kick off, the issue is we already knew before kick off the team wouldn't step up.

Gronk

Staff member
Road trip to Brisbane, get flogged followed by a road trip to Townsville where we always suck then a 5 day turn around, I think the writing was on the wall well before kick off, the issue is we already knew before kick off the team wouldn't step up.

True, not easy. Souths will test this theory next Friday night after an 8 day turnaround at home.

EelsFan05

Bench
When BA says that we need to be prepared to get into the grind, does he mean more runs one of the ruck with no support where our forwards get smashed and go nowhere?

I have supported him his whole tenure. He looks totally bereft of ideas. He's selection of the team and use of interchanges are mind boggling at times. His demeanour and thoughts in the presser are making him look more and more ridiculous. His inability to get a team to perform the absolute basics of a game consistently are not getting any better.

I was once a very emotional fan. I vary rarely go to a game with any sense of excitement. I leave more often then not knowing what sort of performance I was going to see and move on with the weekend.

Kornstar

Coach
I agree with your sentiment, however we have played well this year. So we need to find that spark, belief and desire.

The coach was a good coach 4 weeks ago and the players held their own and were good enough to snag 5 wins.

Sure we’ve won 5 games but look who we beat.

Panthers
Bulldogs
Cronulla
Tigers
Dragons

Apart from Cronulla those other teams were at low points.

Roosters
Canberra
Knights
Melbourne
Cowboys
Panthers

We kept up with the Roosters until they decided to put their foot down and they steamrolled us.

The others we were just completely inept and lacked any kind of enthusiasm or cohesion.

We didn’t play particularly well against the Bulldogs, Tigers or Dragons, they just happened to be worse than us.

The 2 games we were decent in were rounds 1 and 4......that’s it.

Last night was indefensible, from top to bottom the club needs to get their shit together because there has been a massive decline and the injuries to key players don’t help but the effort just hasn’t been there for 3 weeks now and that is the concerning part.

Kornstar

Coach
When BA says that we need to be prepared to get into the grind, does he mean more runs one of the ruck with no support where our forwards get smashed and go nowhere?

I have supported him his whole tenure. He looks totally bereft of ideas. He's selection of the team and use of interchanges are mind boggling at times. His demeanour and thoughts in the presser are making him look more and more ridiculous. His inability to get a team to perform the absolute basics of a game consistently are not getting any better.

I was once a very emotional fan. I vary rarely go to a game with any sense of excitement. I leave more often then not knowing what sort of performance I was going to see and move on with the weekend.

I too have supported him and i am running out of patience, especially considering we just renewed his contract......

He needs new assistants who can add value and teach fundamentals and develop game plans. He needs a couple of hard running forwards and probably only one more decent outside back, preferably one with size and agility.

Whether he can get any of the above is yet to be seen......

84 Baby

Referee
I don’t think/hope so. We are an exceptionally lazy team. What I think he wants is those support runs. Effort on effort by making a hit up, playing the ball then making another run whether with ball or in support the following tackle. Mannah and occasionally Paulo are the only ones we have remotely near that standard. Old man Mannah and fatty Paulo FFS! Last year they were pretty meh overall but this year they’ve completely fallen off the 2017 perch.
I’ve got no idea what BA coaches them to do but we have done it in the past and Gutho, Mennings and other outside backs still do support runs.
Actually now I really think about it, of late when we do have support runners they’re constantly getting tangled with actual runner (Penis Torpedo especially)

Gronk

Staff member
Sure we’ve won 5 games but look who we beat.

Panthers
Bulldogs
Cronulla
Tigers
Dragons

Apart from Cronulla those other teams were at low points.

Roosters
Canberra
Knights
Melbourne
Cowboys
Panthers

We kept up with the Roosters until they decided to put their foot down and they steamrolled us.

The others we were just completely inept and lacked any kind of enthusiasm or cohesion.

We didn’t play particularly well against the Bulldogs, Tigers or Dragons, they just happened to be worse than us.

The 2 games we were decent in were rounds 1 and 4......that’s it.

Last night was indefensible, from top to bottom the club needs to get their shit together because there has been a massive decline and the injuries to key players don’t help but the effort just hasn’t been there for 3 weeks now and that is the concerning part.

Look it's good to vent after last night and get shit off your chest. I don't think anyone here is not on the "indefensible" team with you. A win changes everything and hopefully in about 7.5 days time we'll all have forgotten about the past month.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
They didn’t try hard and that was the problem last night. There was no urgency (except for maybe 5 minutes near the end) the whole game. They were standing flat in attack with no one really wanting to run on to the ball and there were no angles, nothing.

In defence there was f**k all line speed and the first up contact is f**king pathetic for a professional football team.

The crowd was getting frustrated with the refs cause they wouldn’t blow a penalty because it looked like they could hold us down for an eternity while we had to get straight off them but the reality is that Penrith had numbers around the ball carrier and wrestled till the end where as we have one high, one low and f**k all wrestle so there is never any type of dominance.

They are unfit and poorly coached in all the fundamentals of the game. Sack all the assistants and start again as we just re-signed the coach so we won’t be getting rid of him!

We had good assistants and trainers in 2017 but they left and we replaced them with who?

Some of the players looked gassed after a certain period when it seemed like they didnt have too many runs. I like to see some stats on the hit ups and metres

Yes there was a lot of drop ball but you would think after 1 or 2 early in the second half they do a simple game plan and not try and the crazy stuff from your own half.

That was just a poor attitude and concentration. I question some of the players effort out there last night.

I would like to see Stone and Kaufusi get another shot.

betcats

Referee
You guys looked a little disgruntled last night. The 2nd half was like watching Panthers play for most of the season.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

He probably means putting the shoulder in when tackling, the player that was doing that at the start of the season, Niukore, has started hugging players. We rarely put players on their back and no one looks like they want to consistently win a ruck whether it be with our without the ball.

eels_fan

First Grade
Given we don’t seem to be able to do it for ourselves, maybe other teams will help us.

Hard to believe after that pathetic display that we could actually move UP the ladder this week.

If the Broncos beat the warriors by 7 or less
St George beat the Cronulla by 4 or more
Souths beat the Tigers by 18 or more

We’ll finish the Round in 7th despite starting it in 8th and playing the worse game I can recall

eel01s

Bench
The obvious

We only have 1 real NRL standard front rower( ( look at Manly for instance), that was obvious even before the season started.
Youth propelled us at the beginning of the season, where are they , relegated and injured -George Jennings and Will Smith are not the answer
The opportunity to replace Kidwell,and Murphy did not happen after they oversaw the debacle of last year , in the NFL they don't change the head coach but those beneath him are almost rotated regularly. To be honest questions were asked of those 2 at a captains club dinner at the end of last year and they were less than adequate. In fact they did not inspire confidence, similar to when I was involved in junior league and interviewed coaches for international Div 1 teams, they did not measure up. Maybe BAs loyalty took over.
Moses needs a proper half inside him, otherwise he goes hard to make plays and his game suffers , welcome Dylan Brown and how has Lane suffered when isolated on that side.
Mannah, Gower are handy but shouldn't be In the 17, and that's despite Mannahs start to the year.
Penrith were hopeless, and still we managed to make enough errors to get beat

That's was the worst game I've watched since the late 90s, FMD I want some changes in the coaching area, if not BA then the assistants, Murphy has been at the club what 5 years and no sign of improvement for those he is repsonsible for, mainly the attack. Kidwell is defence, wtf.

Personal rant over, will be difficult to be enthusiastic into next week.

100% agree Delboy. Unfortunately we are stuck with BA, but for god's sake we need a new attack, defence and wrestling coach as the ones we have are USELESS.

eel01s

Bench
The mood walking out of Bankwest last night was awful. I have never heard (and felt myself) so many people just fed up with what was dished up. Lots of fans talking about not coming back.

The crowd booed the players at the end. I doubt there will be more than 15k there on Friday.

Mark O'Neill better start earning his money.

Noise

Coach
The mood walking out of Bankwest last night was awful. I have never heard (and felt myself) so many people just fed up with what was dished up. Lots of fans talking about not coming back.

The crowd booed the players at the end. I doubt there will be more than 15k there on Friday.

Mark O'Neill better start earning his money.

Besides our only try in the first couple of minutes it was the most satisfying part of the night

They deserve it - and I am glad the crowd did it. Most of the time we just accept it but they have to hear the anger from fans who are paying top dollar for memberships