What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post game discussion v Souths

Gazzamatta

Coach
Moses defence has really improved. Very solid now days.
Hoffman for Taka every day of the week. The Hoff was enormous.
Kane Evans had a real dig tonight. Same next week big fella.
Support play dissappointing on many occasions.
Did Will Smith play tonight? Well I guess he didnt make any errors.
Stone looks tough as. Must keep his spot for mine. Nrown in for Terepo.
I think we missed Mannah as good as the forwards were.
Fergo is a winger ffs BA.
Mau and Paulo were awesome.
Tepai looked fantastic at times then at other times not so much.
Stone should sub for Mahoney to give him a minimum 20 minute spell.
Sivo a bit lazy at times or inexperienced. Needs to be shown where he clocks off at times.
Gutho tried very hard as did Mennings.
Marata ran with great intent.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Just got back from the game

Thought Moses was real impressive . Set up our two tries in the first half, kicking game was a massive improvement over the last few weeks (though not perfect). Really controlled the side throughout . Make some important tackles.

Our line speed in defence was noticeable, eager to tackle, stuffed up a lot of Souths planned passing and attack.

White shorts on both sides looked like there was one team when on the far side of the field (I was sitting Sterling stand top deck half way up)

Ma’u was huge. Gower a huge threat of the bench. If Gower was the one who kept Mannah out of the side, then Mannah will play for Wenty again next week again

Kane Evans impressive, would have exceeded everyone’s expectations I’d say. Not sure he can do it week to week

Suitman

Post Whore
Who was the complete and utter useless merkin who thought that ending the game day thread at the end of the game was remotely a good idea?
I don't get the thread splitting either. Seems like a lot more minuses than pluses.
The tribe has spoken ... no more thread splitting

I actually think it works better. It separates all the pre match bullshit talk and we just concentrate on the post game comments. Why is it such a big f**king deal?

I refuse to post in this thread.

You just did.

IFR33K

Coach
Just got back from the game

Thought Moses was real impressive . Set up our two tries in the first half, kicking game was a massive improvement over the last few weeks (though not perfect). Really controlled the side throughout . Make some important tackles.

Our line speed in defence was noticeable, eager to tackle, stuffed up a lot of Souths planned passing and attack.

White shorts on both sides looked like there was one team when on the far side of the field (I was sitting Sterling stand top deck half way up)

Ma’u was huge. Gower a huge threat of the bench. If Gower was the one who kept Mannah out of the side, then Mannah will play for Wenty again next week again

Kane Evans impressive, would have exceeded everyone’s expectations I’d say. Not sure he can do it week to week

Gower was great. Amazing how easily he can bust the line

Suitman

Post Whore
Personally I don't like the thread splitting as when I get back from the game and read the game thread I am not able to comment in reply to any of the posts made during the game.

Why should you need to?
Just post your thoughts on the game, and others can reply accordingly.

I hated the old game day thread as it was painful in the days afterwards looking through dozens of pages of shite comments to end up seeing a few intelligent replies.

The separate post match thread works well imo.

emjaycee

Coach
How did they look live mate?
I thought they looked like they had a lot more energy off the ball, and the defensive attitude was a major improvement over the last few weeks. There were a number of sets where we had Souths kicking on the last from in their own half, not something we have seen lately.
Refs were woeful in their keeping Souths back the 10 with lots of arm waving and "coaching" but very little if any penalties.
Overall, I reckon BA made the right call with the changes he made for this week but I would have loved to have seen Salmon out there instead of the Fresh Prince.

emjaycee

Coach
Why should you need to?
Just post your thoughts on the game, and others can reply accordingly.

I hated the old game day thread as it was painful in the days afterwards looking through dozens of pages of shite comments to end up seeing a few intelligent replies.

The separate post match thread works well imo.
Because some comments made on events in the game that are only viewed from a TV screen can be interpreted differently at the game and deserve a response to the actual comment/post that was made.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I thought they looked like they had a lot more energy off the ball, and the defensive attitude was a major improvement over the last few weeks. There were a number of sets where we had Souths kicking on the last from in their own half, not something we have seen lately.
Refs were woeful in their keeping Souths back the 10 with lots of arm waving and "coaching" but very little if any penalties.
Overall, I reckon BA made the right call with the changes he made for this week but I would have loved to have seen Salmon out there instead of the Fresh Prince.
Young enthusiasm is a great thing. I think we win by more if Salmon plays. Smith was ordinary.
Evans surprised. BA must have threatened one of his kids.
I love The Hoff. Best centre pairing display I have seen in B&G in such a long time.

Gronk

Staff member
Yes their 6 was quite nippy and ours was not dreadful but don’t ask any questions.

In the presser BA said that Dylan is a few weeks away.

emjaycee

Coach

I was watching him closely because I liked the signing of him at the time and he seems to have developed a little bit more leg drive in attack and is not looking to force the offload every time he has a hit-up which he was definitely guilty of last year. A few times he was dragging 4 players into the tackle which was a good way to help compress their defence.
@Eelementary

Latest posts