What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potter

super_coach

First Grade
Potter is not the long term option just the cheap short term one. I hope he does well but you generally ge what you pay for.

Potter is a good coach and will get better when he gets a fully fit squad and his youngsters get a little more experience. He has broken down the boys club and expects the same efforts from all his chargers.People knock him for benching Benny since than Benji has lost about five kilos and looks a lot sharper so IMO it was a great move. Could be wrong but he looks like a long term NRL coach.

Although he has had his share of bad luck with our injury toll, he also has had some luck by walking into a club that has talent emerging every where.I think by 2015 The Weststigers and Penrith will be the powerhouse teams of the comp

Tiger05

First Grade
Potter > Stuart x 100.

I've always thought Potter was a good choice and Sheens to me had to go.

Potter I think has made some poor decisions however look at the positives:-

1. Benji is playing at 7 and being much more controlled.
2. Plenty of young outside backs particularly Tedesco, Nofolauma and Korobiete are being given a good go.
3. Blair is playing to me really well at the moment and I think this is predominantly because he is being played at prop.
4. Players like Sue are killing it in the forwards.
5. Siro in the halves to me is working well.

Admittedly some of this is just happening now and is different to how the season started out but to me shit like this sometimes simply has to evolve. It is all well and good to practice one way but when the comp starts it becomes more obvious where players are suited and what works well.

Potter has adapted well and appears to be getting us going in the right direction.

R2Coupe

Juniors
The average age of the side must have decreased considerably with all the promotions from the lower grade? I haven't taken the time to work it out but it is a credit to Potter and the club so many youngsters are now in the NRL.

Shaun Spence is an interesting selection. I wonder if Potter sees a bit of himself in Spence? Perhaps it is Potter's willingness to give a young player a go and have faith in his ability to perform a role which may set him apart from Sheens? Spence could well grow into a player who performs a very useful function for the team on the back of Potter's faith.

innsaneink

Referee
I see Spence as a toiler, he has some things to work on obviously but I think given the chance he'll go all day tackling, doing the dirty hit ups...once he gets 60 minute NRL legs.
He's got ticker ...some footwork before the line might be good thing to work on

TYGA

Juniors
What a load of sh!t. Shouldn't the Eels be leading the comp then.

Its the truth we signed him because he was cheap. I am cheering for him but the blind support for a team running 2nd last even with injuries shows how far we have lowered our expectations . Thats why we are signing Richards and other retirees and 2nd graders.

Bullseye

Juniors
Potter is a hero at Bradford for what he did for us. If Tigers know what's good for them they'll stick with him. You won't find a more loyal and harder worker than him. As a coach he turned us around from being easybeats into contenders.

English Rose

Juniors
Potter is a hero at Bradford for what he did for us. If Tigers know what's good for them they'll stick with him. You won't find a more loyal and harder worker than him. As a coach he turned us around from being easybeats into contenders.

Totally agree. He even coached without getting paid and somehow motivated players in the same situation

R2Coupe

Juniors
The club has gone a long way since the controversies of the past. Mayer is free of Wests V Balmain baggage and appears to be very capable. There is much to be hopeful about less to be concerned with as the Club grows.

The average age of the side must have decreased considerably with all the promotions from the lower grade?

The starting 13 for Cronulla game has average age of: 24.17

The listed 17 has an average age of: 23.63

In the 17 tonight, 12 are under 25.

Even with the talk of Anasta playing and I'll assume that Spence misses out, the average age of the 17 is 24.02

R2Coupe

Juniors
Thanks for the information!

Must be encouraging for our State Cup and NYC players that our coach is willing to give them an opportunity in the NRL.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
By the same token, if Simona does leave, it must be discouraging that old men from overseas and other clubs are brought to the club to play in front of them.

R2Coupe

Juniors
I hope Potter is consistent in that form determines selection.

I don't want Richards holding back the promotion of one of our younger players.

I'm sure the Club would welcome feedback on this issue!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Richards should never have been signed. We have a surplus of three quarters without him (Even if we get rid of Reddy, Moltzen, Tuqiri and Utai)

Nofoaluma, Ayshford, Lawrence, Simona, Koroibete, Taqele, Meaney, Tedesco is more than enough.