What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre Season Cup

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
If home, will be watching whatever coverage the AFL site has.

If you read this before 10am this morning, you can get a live radio feed online through the SEN site (just click on the 'Listen' tab) -

http://www.sen.com.au

Haha...

Your brother isn't Cupid, is he?

That would make for an even better Statler & Waldorf combination than Statler & Waldorf do! :p

As for Drum, I thought he was 190cm at this time last year, surely he can't have shrunk a cm?

190cm isn't huge, but its been enough to get the likes of Mal Michael & Trent Croad by... Justin Leppitsch is only 191cm, and from memory Chris Mew wasn't any taller than that. Leo Barry played FB for the premiers @185cm, although I suppose it helped considerably that he was allowed to get into blokes backs with absolute immunity!

Drum is a quality footballer, and if he was still around at 14 (fat chance) I'd be happy for Hawthorn to snare him.

I still feel Dowler will be heading to Carlton. He has a great nature and would be good around a club, and his contested marking strength would be handy. He has his detractors, but I prefer to focus on the positives, and I think he has the capacity to become a Tredrea like player with his strong motor and fab hands.

The only think certain about Hawthorn today, is that at least one of: Kennedy, Ryder, Dowler or Clark will be bound for Glenferrie.

All have the potential to play CHF down the track, but I still see Roughead eventually filling that role. Kennedy & Ryder also seem like CHB prospects, while Dowler or Clark could be dangerous out of FF.

Hawthorn still requires 2 KPP types, and if they only take 1 today then you can assume that a) they still see Franklin as a future CHF and/or b) they're confident that Joshua Kennedy can gain the extra couple of cm next season to be picked-up f/s as a key defensive option.

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
Your brother isn't Cupid, is he?

That would make for an even better Statler & Waldorf combination than Statler & Waldorf do! :p

LMAO no. They just both have the same bad affliction for the Dogs :evil:

CyberKev said:
As for Drum, I thought he was 190cm at this time last year, surely he can't have shrunk a cm?

I was sure the paper had him listed as 189 or maybe that was PRE that said 189. Either way, I'd like someone a bit taller if they are going for a backman that early.

Latest posts