What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predict the 2010 Ladder

dogz08

First Grade
the eels had a good draw at the end of the year, sides will know hayne is the eels attack stop him and stop eels, pus if the eels get injurys next year, they are in deep sh*t, next year the eels wont be as lucky\

noway the eels will be near the 8 near year

eels bottom 4 wouldnt be surprise to see them battling it out wiht the roosters for the spoon

And you think the Dragons will win the comp don't you?

jpaciocco91

Juniors
1. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
2. Melbourne Storm
3. New Zealand Warriors
4. South Sydney Rabbitohs
5. St George Illawarra Dragons
6. Parramatta Eels
7. Canberra Raiders
8. Wests Tigers
9. North Queensland Cowboys
10. Gold Coast Titans
11. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
12. Brisbane Broncos
13. Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
14. Sydney Roosters
15. Newcastle Knights
16. Penrith Panthers

Grand Final 2010: St George Illawarra Dragons v New Zealand Warriors

Preliminary Finals
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v St George Illawarra Dragons (65k at ANZ)
New Zealand Warriors v South Sydney Rabbitohs (Sellout at Mt Smart)

Semi Finals
St George Illawarra Dragons v Melbourne Storm (35k at SFS)
Canberra Raiders v South Sydney Rabbitohs (Sellout at Canberra Stadium (mostly rabbits fans))

Qualifying Finals
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Wests Tigers (55k at ANZ)
Melbourne Storm v Canberra Raiders (Sellout at MRS)
New Zealand Warriors v Parramatta Eels (22k at Mt Smart)
South Sydney Rabbitohs v St George Illawarra Dragons (45k at ANZ)

Saints winning it from fifth and then playing the warriors in the GF...hmmmm I can't see that.

Goddo

Bench
Gaba, the eels will have virtually the same team next year, only a better forward pack, meaning they won't be as bad in defence as this year. Next year they will be top 4. No doubt at all.

Meanwhile, I can't see any of the QLD teams making the 8 next year. Rabbitohs will improve, as will Tigers, Raiders and Warriors. by how much though?

timka4

Bench
if knights dont have such a large amount of injuries to their starting forward pack, we will go well in the top 8, almost made 4 this year, till mid season where injuries were killing us, still the underdogs

Slackboy72

Coach
Just ruminating on gains and losses for next year and more specifically who would improve and who would decline in terms of ladde positions and this is what I get when I massage my crystal ball(s):

On the up
Eels - Turnaround this year came from a change in attitude half way through the year. They'll be chomping at the bit to make amends. 2nd-4th
Roosters - They can't get any worse and Smith will make them play with a lot more resolve and discipline. 10th-12th
Manly - 2009 was about as crap as a year could be for the seagles. They will be smarting at being knocked out in week 1. 1st-3rd
Penrith - A very good year to be on the medical staff out Penrith way but if they keep a consistent lineup they will do better. 5th-8th.
Tigpies - They've lost John Morris and Sheens is not as bad a coach as some here would have you believe. 6th-9th.

Same
souffs - I hate to say it but the improvement from John Lang and Dave Taylor will not be enough to counter the fact that so many of their players will turn in inept performances as often as they shine like demi-gods. 8th-10th.
Bulldogs - Finals campaign derailed by Kimmorley injury. A couple of astute buys will have them about the same. 1st-3rd
Melbourne - Will be consistent with this years effort but it remains to be seen what the effect of the new stadium will be on visiting teams. 3rd-6th.
Sharks - Just when you think they can't go any worse they sign John Morris. 12th-16th.
Cowboys - They will always have issues while so much of their cap is used up by one face-kicking-@rsehole. 12th-15th.
Warriors - Another team who couldn't get any worse yet I can't see where any improvement is going to come from.13th-15th
Raiders - The refs will keep screwing them and skeepe will keep telling us about it. 11th-13th.
On the down
Dragons - Need to change offensive plans and inject new blood into 7 & 9. Also need to sort out Darius Boyd's best position (hint Wayne, it's not fullback). 4th-7th.
Titans - I can't see them getting away with as many close matches as they snagged this year. 5th-8th.
Newcastle - Losing Smith was a big mistake. A contender for the spoon. 14th-16th
Broncos - Poor year for lockyer this year doesn't look to be getting any better any time soon. He is brisbane and they aren't getting stronger. 6th-10th.
So my 2010 Ladder prediction is:
1 Manly
2 Bulldogs
3 Eels
4 Melbourne
5 Dragons
6 Penrith
7 Titans
8 Tigers
9 Brisbane
10 lol@souffs
11 Roosters
12 Raiders
13 Cowboys
14 Warriors
15 Sharks
16 Newcastle

So have I got it completely wrong? Please feel free to tell me how you feel 2010 will go for your club.

Last edited:

otori

Juniors
I don't think Newcastle will win the comp next year but to say they'll come dead last is a massive call. I think you're wrong. I also think the Broncos will slide further than what you've got. Hunt and Taylor are big blows and if Lockyer gets injured then it's going to get very tough.

mozza91

Coach
I think the Eels will go downhill they will struggle to recapture their 09 form and will finish mid table
Storm will go well once again and be a premiership contender
Bulldogs and Dragons will struggle to make the 4 but should make the finals.
Cowboys and Eagles should go well but both can be inconsistent and are hard to place.
Tigers,Knights,Souths,Broncos and Raiders all have the potential to do very well but all could go either way.
Panthers,Sharks and Titans will struggle
Roosters and Warriors will both improve especially the Warriors who will make the finals

Ladmate

Bench
Gaba, the eels will have virtually the same team next year, only a better forward pack, meaning they won't be as bad in defence as this year. Next year they will be top 4. No doubt at all.

Meanwhile, I can't see any of the QLD teams making the 8 next year. Rabbitohs will improve, as will Tigers, Raiders and Warriors. by how much though?

If the Tigers improve they can only finish in the 8, since they were 9th.

meatloaf

Juniors
1. Bulldogs
2. Dragons
3. Melbourne
4. Titans
5. Eels
6. Raiders
7. Souths
8. Cowboys
9. Manly
10. Broncos
11. Roosters
12. Newcastle
13. Warriors
14. Tigers
15. Sharks
16. Penrith

1. Parra
2. St George
3. Brisbane
4. Melbourne
5. Canterbury
6. Souths
7. Wests
8. Gold Coast
9. Newcastle
10. Canberra
11. Cowboys
12.Manly
13. Cronulla
14. Roosters
15. New Zealand
16. Penrith

1. storm
2. dragons
3. eels
4. canterbury
5. broncos
6. tigers
7. titans
8. manly

9. cowboys
10. warriors
11. knights
12. roosters
13. souths
14. penrith
15. raiders
16. sharks

1. Bulldogs
2. Storm
3. Eels
4. Tigers/Dragons
5. Tigers/Dragons
6. Brisbane
7. Manly
8. Rabbitohs
9. Panthers
10. Brisbane
11. Warriors
12. Knights
13. Raiders
14. Sharks
15. Roosters
16. Cowboys

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1. Canterbury Bankstown
We'll go one better next year. Mark my words. As good as Hazem was, Steve Turner's value as a winger is very much underrated. With a season under our belt, I have high hopes for the 2010 Dogs.

2. Parramatta
The acquisitions of Tahu Poore and Shackleton mean they have an embarrassment of riches in both the backline and the forward pack. They can only improve. The question is - who do you drop from the backline to accommodate Tim Tam Tahu?

3. Manly
They never really got off the ground in 2009 despite glimpses of brilliance. If Watmough can produce his rep form at club level consistently, and Orford stops having brain explosions, this team will rise again.

4. St George Illawarra
When was the last time Bennett missed a finals series? I'm not sure but I bet it's not any time in the last 15 years. He's got the cattle, they have the skill. I think he'll play it a bit smarter this year. Expect them to have a less intense regular season so they can charge into the semis.

5. Gold Coast
While they'll move slightly down the ladder, they'll still be producing quality football. Injuries are their only barrier IMO, they can beat any team with the right effort.

6. Melbourne
Many have considered this mob as premiership favourites again. And fair enough when you consider 1-4-7-9 have stayed. That said, they've lost two of their lesser known backs and will be largely relying on youngsters to fill the gap. The same was said last season and they proved us wrong, lets see what happens this time.

7. Brisbane
Again, too much skill and class to miss the finals. Big boppers like Thaiday will continue their solid go-forward, and they still have two of the best backs in the game with Hodges and Folau - not to mention Lockyer at 5/8th. They'll miss the presence of Taylor's dynamic outside running, Hunt's kick returns and Tonie Carroll's chin though... that drops them a place or two in my book.

8. Newcastle
As you can see, I don't see any changes to the eight in 2009. I think Newcastle have the potential to win the minor premiership, but at key moments during the year they always seem to stumble. They'll scrape into the eight again if previous years are any indication, time will tell if they go any further though.

-----------------------

9. Wests Tigers
Close enough won't be good enough again - I'm predicting another year of agony for the men in black, white & gold. Along with Souths they'll play some amazing footy against quality opposition, only to fold like a deck of cards against weaker teams.

10. South Sydney
There's something about Souths that looks very good for 2010, but we've been saying that for years now. While they've got themselves out of the cellar for three consecutive seasons now, they're still languishing in the bottom half of the comp and the mentality is still a concern IMO. I hope having a player like Taylor helps their go-forward, because Sutton's brilliant but erratic form won't help them unless it appears for 24 weeks in 2010.

11. North Queensland
Slowly fitting the definition of a one man team. The two keys for them seem to be Thurston and O'Donnell, and the latter spends a lot of time injured, which often cruels the Cowboys' chances. Thurston can't carry the side all year, they need a big effort from all 17 to make an impact.

12. Canberra
Two losses and no notable purchases as yet for 2010 has me worried to be honest. Like any team they have their good days, the 56-0 thumping of Brisbane and the hard-fought win over Saints proved the side has it in them, but they can't seem to replicate anything of the sort once outside the ACT.

13. Cronulla Sutherland
Unnoticed but they've spent big for next year and some of them aren't bad purchases. They'll improve - not a lot, but enough to worry opposition, particularly in the latter half of 2010.

14. New Zealand
Don't know what to expect of them year-in-year-out anymore. This year was in some ways to be expected after the tragic loss of Sonny Fai, however they've got some pretty good talent going around. They could be the year's surprise packet. But after the showing this year, I can't pick them any higher than 14th with any confidence.

15. Sydney
Losing Fitzgibbon will drive this club further south IMO. A couple of interesting purchases will, IMO, take a bit longer to gel. An improvement on 2010 with hopefully less off-field craziness, but still a long way to go.

16. Penrith
They've lost a couple of good players and made a couple of dud purchases IMO. Another season of pain for the Panthers, and another spoon on the way.

1. Melbourne
2. Eels.
3. Dogs.
4. Souths.
5. Knights.
6. Broncos.
7. Cowboys.
8. St George.
9. Manly.
10. Gold Coast.
11. Canberra.
12. Roosters.
13. West Tigers.
14. New Zealand.
15. Penrith.
16. Sharks.

Timmah, I will be flabbergasted if yours is true, considering you're saying the finalists will not change from 2009 to 2010.