What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictions 2006

colmac75

Juniors
I think that calmer heads will say yes Tahu stays in the centres and the combination between he and Ben Smith will be a Cronin Ella style centre paring.

Glen

Bench
I would be very surprised if Hagan came to the club adament that Tahu has to play wing. We have plenty of good wing options and Tahu is going great where he is

Hellsy

Immortal
colmac75 said:
a) Does Fitzy have a brain and tell Hagan to leave Tahu in the centres so he doesnt ask for a release

I think you'll find that DF has nothing to do with where players play on the field, that is and always has been up to the coaching staff

You parra supporters are so hilaroius. You actually believe your own press. Calling us chook chokers is the best one yet. 2001 anyone? You guys got your arse kicked by our mob so badly it was pathetic. Oh but you nearly came back to win! Please we a were bored and needed some drama. Cowboys wiped the floor with you last year. 20 years since a premiership. Mediocrity is your middle name. Two grand finals for two wins.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Newie is God's Country said:
You parra supporters are so hilaroius. You actually believe your own press. Calling us chook chokers is the best one yet. 2001 anyone? You guys got your arse kicked by our mob so badly it was pathetic. Oh but you nearly came back to win! Please we a were bored and needed some drama. Cowboys wiped the floor with you last year. 20 years since a premiership. Mediocrity is your middle name. Two grand finals for two wins.

And? Your point is?

You DO realise that Johns one day will retire?

What will your mob do then?

:lol:

You choke just as bad as anyone without Johns.

Choppy71

1. Where will Parra finish on the table?

Top 4

2. Who will win the Premiership?

Parra.

3. Parra Player of the Year:

Timana Tahu

4. Parra Rookie of the year:

Krisnan Inu

5. Parra's Most Improved player:

Ben Smith

6. Parra's Disappointment of the Year:

Daniel Wagon.

7. Your Tip on who Parra will sign during June 2006:

No-one

My point is that you are very quick to criticise others and see Newcastle as below you both as a football team and as people in general. Your attitude is bad and unneccesary. Besides we beat you the last time we played you. With Joey we are one of the best teams in this competition. Without him yes we are a bit beyond it. Guess why? Your future coach who hasn't a clue. Enjoy 2007 boys and girls.

V1er

Juniors
1. Where will Parra finish on the table?

3rd

2. Who will win the Premiership?

Parra.

3. Parra Player of the Year:
Tim Smith

4. Parra Rookie of the year:

Inu

5. Parra's Most Improved player:

Eric Grothe

6. Parra's Disappointment of the Year:

Aaron Cannings

7. Your Tip on who Parra will sign during June 2006:

Jarrod Mullen

Eelementary

Post Whore
Newie is God's Country said:
My point is that you are very quick to criticise others and see Newcastle as below you both as a football team and as people in general. Your attitude is bad and unneccesary. Besides we beat you the last time we played you. With Joey we are one of the best teams in this competition. Without him yes we are a bit beyond it. Guess why? Your future coach who hasn't a clue. Enjoy 2007 boys and girls.

I myself like Newcastle as a place, and the people are footy-fanatics - that's always a positive in my mind.

As a football team...I couldn't care less about the Knights...Don't hate them, don't love them - they're not my team.

So you beat us last time we played - so what? The time previous to that we put 50 points on you...It's all in the past and pedantic and means nothing now.

I agree - when Joey is fit, you're a formidable team.

I am looking forward to 2007, to be honest - nobody knows how it will pan out, but with a great juniors base available to him as well as better resources...Who knows?

antonius

Coach
Eelementary said:
And? Your point is?

You DO realise that Johns one day will retire?

What will your mob do then?

:lol:

You choke just as bad as anyone without Johns.
Jarrod Mullen has already shown what he's capable of (carved up the Sharkies on Sat night along with Kurt Gidley,) he will eventually pair up with another future star in the form of Luke Walsh in the halves when Johns goes. Nobody will ever replace Johns, but while in the past it's true we've been crap without him, these two young guys look like being the future in Newcastle, I notice a few of your fans are already licking their lips at the prospect of Hagan bringing Mullen to the Eels, but I think you'll find Jarrod will be all tied up before Hagan leaves this year. Expect to see more of us without Johns this year, and Mullen and Kidley doing the job.

Utey

Coach
Cant see Mullen coming to the club. I still think Hagan wont look to far for many prospects. Look at our depth.

Eelementary

Post Whore
antonius said:
Jarrod Mullen has already shown what he's capable of (carved up the Sharkies on Sat night along with Kurt Gidley,) he will eventually pair up with another future star in the form of Luke Walsh in the halves when Johns goes. Nobody will ever replace Johns, but while in the past it's true we've been crap without him, these two young guys look like being the future in Newcastle, I notice a few of your fans are already licking their lips at the prospect of Hagan bringing Mullen to the Eels, but I think you'll find Jarrod will be all tied up before Hagan leaves this year. Expect to see more of us without Johns this year, and Mullen and Kidley doing the job.

This is not meant as disrespect to the Knights...

But other than Hagan I hope we don't bring anyone to the Eels.

Mullen is a talented kid - so are Blake Green, Marcus Perenara and Kris Keating, and they're alreayd here.

Simpson is great - but we have Hindmarsh, arguably the best forward going around, and Morrison - who is a great player. Plus we have some great young players ready to make an impact.

And my comments about the Knights struggling wiithout Joey were strictly in retaliation to comments about the Eels choking.

Stagger eel

Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:
Cant see Mullen coming to the club. I still think Hagan wont look to far for many prospects. Look at our depth.

we've still got to hold on to them though..

The Colonel

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
Look at our depth.

Look at twenty players off contract, look at the fact a number of other clubs will also have coaching changes, look at the fact the Titans are joining the NRL, look at the fact Smithy may well be coaching in Canberra........

Our depth may well be sorely tested come June 30.

Utey

Coach
I had no idea we had that many players coming off contract. Hagan will be working for his money thats for sure.

parra pete

Referee
parra73 said:
i reckon lets worry about season 06 & worry about 07 when it comes around

Too true. Talk about getting the cart in front of the horse. Watch out for Chicken Little..the sky's fallin':roll: