What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League and Flegg

Alan Shore

First Grade
Sheros los Deros said:
Sharkie1973 said:
If Kents back why are they persisting with Goldi in First grade????

Because Kent's pretty average, and anyway it's only his second week back from injury.

Kent is solid and IMO a better defender than McGoldrick and Saleh - Manly made all their inroads over those two.

As for Bird, well, his handling is at best questionable and he is a hog.

I thought McGoldrick went well tonight, he made some good tackles. Manly scored their second half tries on the side opposite to McGoldrick was defending. A lot of Manly's attack was up the middle via Dunley and Harris, and second pahse play off Hoppa.

IMO Kent is solid but average. Too small for mine, tackles OK, but doesn't seem a real threat to break the line.

Special K

Coach
Bird had two stuff ups. That one from hooker and also when he didn't give the ball to Franze in broken play. Other than that he has shown no reason for him not to be 6 next week bar injury.

Kent I rate better that Saleh. Mcgoldy is a good tackler just sometimes he gives them too much room.

Hulkamanic 36 said:
Mcgoldy is a good tackler just sometimes he gives them too much room.
He seems to me a great side-on and cover tackler, but pretty ordinary front-on. He seems to sometimes try to let them outside so he can go side-on, but that doesn't work near the line. But he's definitely improving overall.

cheese

Bench
I cant believe people are still giving it to goldy. He made Franze look like a rank amateur all night.

His defense was spot on ............Its not his fault the whole team were too f**king lazy to slide fast enough. He made up for their laziness time and time again with crucial tackles. Saved 1000 tries. Good shit, goldy. You earned your money tonight

Opes

Juniors
How are we not 10+ for Points Difference. We were up 28-8 ffs! Stuey needs to work on fitness for a few blokes, a discipline(sp?) for most!

But I must say, the first half, and start of the second were of the same quality against the dogs, but just let is go in the end again

Macca

Coach
McGoldrick missed a fair few tonight. Bird is getting better and better, he still had those couple of handling errors which he must erradicate but boy am I loving that left foot step.

imasharkie

Coach
McSharkie said:
McGoldrick missed a fair few tonight. Bird is getting better and better, he still had those couple of handling errors which he must erradicate but boy am I loving that left foot step.
I'm with you McSharkie Goldie missed heaps of tackles tonight.

Booyah

Bench
Jason Williams. The number 20 - how was he?

If Lomu is out, can we expect to see him on the bench next week?

Macca

Coach
You are entitled to your opinion Cheese but we must have been watching different games. I don't know how many tackles he missed officially but I counted atleast 2.

cheese

Bench
2? big deal ....peach missed more than that and i see nothing but praise.

The majority of goldies tackles were one on one purlers. Crunching stuff

Macca

Coach
He missed more than 2, they were the 2 I noticed. He seems to let his man get on the outside of him too easily. He will be in PL next week anyway.

Anyone see Flegg ? Stephen Ross is a sensation ! Scored 2 tries setup at least one other that I saw. Built like a brick shithouse, runs like a runaway train.

And we won 40-0. :D

lolesi

First Grade
Haha i thought goldy was shit and franze was tops!
Funny how people see stuff different :)

Genius Freak

Juniors
Jason Williams was great in attack, slightly suspect in defence. Could be an option next week for Lomu. It's only souths after all, good time to blood him.

Latest posts