What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League

Misty Bee

First Grade
I know here are a few of you here who are lucky enough to go to the prem league games each weekend. Any chance one of you could provide a weekly match report for us, with maybe a 3-2-1 player of the match rating?

For thoise of us who can't go, and are consigned to watching first grade on Fox, it would be great to get some decent and consistent feedback as to how the understudies are going.

Many thanx in advance.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Thorman, Muspratt, Moi Moi, Kafusi where all good for us yesterday.....along with also the number 12...it could have been Fred Peterson??

JasonE

Bench
Heard today that Thorman really looked the part in Premier League and a 1st grade spot may not be far off.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think number 12 was Fred Petersen and yes I thought he went pretty well too. Jim Curtis is certainly a big boy though. I dont know what all the rave is over Tsoulos though, he didnt look any special in the Premier League game.

I thought Thorman was great.

Pazza

First Grade
Give Justin a break, he just had a Knee injury. Do you think he can play his best football atfer having a operation? give him some time.

Muspratt and Thorman in first grade would be good. They would stable the team with just simple ball movements and create more dimention to Parra's play. While Dykes and Morris would create the real dangerous attacking movements.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
I was lucky enough to be at the game. I thought thorman was a standout for the eels. Thorman played halfback in the first half switching with witt who played halback in the second 40.

Moi Moi has an impact taking the ball up, unfortunately he makes far too many mistakes like drop balls, and gives away undiciplined penalties.

Parraren

Bench
Just on Muspratt, has he been playing hooker in Premier League? I'm interested because at the Cowboys he mainly played 5/8th or Lock and i'm curious as to how or where he might fit into First Grade.

From what I saw of him at the Cowboys he looked like a player with good vision and an excellent long & short passing game. I'm just wondering if he were to break into first grade whether he'd slot into the number 9 and push Morris into 6 or vice versa; Muspratt 6, Morris 9. As for Thorman, I'd be very surprised to see him start, I think he'd be used as a bench player in the same role as Webster currently plays. But would Smith drop Webster at this stage? I doubt it. I'm not getting my hopes up for Thorman this week but i think Muspratt is a realistic chance for First Grade. What do you guys think?

Chipmunk

Coach
From what I saw on the weekend your assessment of Muspratt is pretty close to the mark. He did start the game at hooker, but then he moved around after about 25 minutes or so. Similar to what John Morris does, except he defends in the middle of the field instead of out wide on the right like Morris (WHAT IS GOING ON THERE ANYWAY???)

I would have him on the bench instead of Webster. Far superior defence, size and ball skills to Webster

Thorman has got to be in the 7 for mine.

Parraren

Bench
Thorman has got to be in the 7 for mine.

:shock: Really is he that good? I guess we'd need to move Dykes to 5/8th then.

I watched a few of Thorman's games last year for the London Broncos and he looked very dangerous in attack; excellent variety of kicks and very skillful with the ball in hand. I thought his defence was a little suspect though. Seemed to get steamrolled by the big forwards alot. He may have been working on this in Premier League because I also remember an interview with Smith after the pre-season trials where he commented on the fact that he needed to do some work on the defensive side of his game.

Alot of people have been giving him wraps though, it all sounds very promising :)

Chipmunk

Coach
His defence to me seemed OK in Premier League, but I guess the same calibre of player is not there.

I will be very very disappointed if this kid is not selection in the 7 this weekend. It will also give Dykes more time to concentrate on putting on some options with the guys outwide if he is in the 6.

Parraren

Bench
Will be interesting to see which side gets named on Tuesday then :-k HJ seems to think Thorman will play this week as well. Knowing Smithy, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get named in the team but pops up somewhere in the side come game day.

Did anyone catch the try scorers / point scorers in Premier League this weekend?

Chipmunk

Coach
I cant remember who scored the tries, there was a few of them, I am pretty sure the guy on the left wing scored a couple after some abolute pearler of passes from Thorman. I know Witt did the goal kicking, most of his shots were from the touch line so he did miss a few. The Raiders scored off the first set of six of the match, so they did well to recover quickly from that.

ali

Bench
G'Day Parra fans, I've just come over to your forum to see how Thorman is getting on, and it looks like the news is all positive. He has risen to every challenge put infront of him in his short career so far, so it comes as no surprise to me that he is doing well in reserve grade. Surely he should get a spot in your halves. Gotta admit I don't rate sides that play unskillful forwards at 5/8. Playing Wagon there is doing you no favours at all. Surely there is way too much pressure on Dykes, who really isn't a halfback anyway.

Latest posts