What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

premier teams merge

greg

Juniors
Don't kid yourself chunk. Yes some play simply to go on to bigger things. Others play knowing they are permanently PL players playing the greatest game of all simply for the love of the game and their club. Go down to Henson Park or North Sydney Oval, or Campebelltown Sports Ground one day and see that bigger numbers than you have stated turn up. Enjoy a good day out seeing grass roots rugby league. We are not all brainwashed by NEWS Ltd. The NRL is not the be all to end all. I do watch it because I enjoy the great game of Rugby League and I live on the Gold Coast. I tell you what though if I was back in Sydney I would be at Henson Park in a shot watching a great club called Newtown before any NRL fixture.

UP THE JETS!
DONT MERGE MAGPIES!

joejoe

Juniors
Henson Park Hornets said:
Wasn't part of the deal when the Wastes Tigers came into being was that the PL teams would stay as Balmain and Wests?

Sure was and it realy sucks if that was just a lie to get the votes meeded to form the JV.

joejoe

Juniors
Sadly girvie, its the only thing to watch if you want to see your bears running around.

King Tigerman

Juniors
CULLUS.ONLINE said:
expect a merger very soon...

a merger happened last year balmain merged with ryde you cant have a 3 way merger

also on chunk saying theres only a few hundred that go to stand alone games they should throw open the gates , possibly even consider $2 schooners or $3 cans of JD

chunk

Juniors
I must apologise really. I was being a bit heartless.

Premier League is important, I suppose League can be at all levels.

Love live the footy and the jets and bears.

joejoe

Juniors
id you copy Bulldog
chunk said:
I must apologise really. I was being a bit heartless.

Premier League is important, I suppose League can be at all levels.

Love live the footy and the jets and bears.

Good to hear your support!

joejoe

Juniors
We are the Magpies get it right
we won't run, from the fight
we will hit you with all our might
'cause we are the magpies black and white.

joejoe

Juniors
I took the Magpies flag to Suncorp for origin 3. It got alot of attention, suprisingly mostly positive.

greg

Juniors
JoeJoe, I wore my Newtown jersey to Suncorp last year watching St George and the Broncos. A few Saints supporters voiced their support. No Broncos fans said anything (bit one eyed up here). Maybe the Broncos supporters were confused, something like 17 jerseys for them in 17 years. They haven't got what the mighty bluebags and magpies have got, 97 years of history, tradition.

joejoe

Juniors
I don't think they would have known who Newtown were.

I got told a few times to go back to the GABBA and watch my beloved Collingwood play AFL.

Queenslanders just don't understand culture.

tigger

Juniors
Seeing as Balmain have already sold out, i now agree that the premier league should merge.........

Only so i can see yappy cry ;-)

Then Balmain exist the whole JV and become super powers of the NRL again, while Wests become like Annandale.

yappy

Bench
where's the yawn emoticon?

See you all again next year when the same boring old thread gets another run.

And as if yappy would cry? The real Yappy cries all the time - but he's an emotional old bugger and if I were one tenth as great a man as him I could probably get away with it too. But no tears for me. 1 I've still got my footy team and will do for many years to come, and 2 I've got an XP Futura hardtop. It's all good.

"blue skies shining on me - nothing but blue skies do I see..."

yappy

Bench
trust me it wasn't good to see (at least not live). The Bears were very ordinary. We were just so indescribably awful that they looked almost competent. The sort of game you should force only the worst class of criminal watch. (yeah yeah I know there's a million lines in that one for you Tigger) Just bloody awful from whistle to hooter. The only good thing to see was the Bears traditional stripe jerseys.