What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

premier teams merge

chunk

Juniors
joejoe said:
Balmain sold their sole, now they want to take ours. Never!

Alllowing BR players to play for Wests is a step in the that direction.

Just a matter of time.

As time goes on more Magpies will get on the winning wagon of the Wests Tigers

The Tank

Bench
I believe it is beneficial for the Wests Tigers to have both the Magpies and Balmain to choose players from.

You have twice as many potentially pro players to choose from.

chunk

Juniors
The Tank said:
I believe it is beneficial for the Wests Tigers to have both the Magpies and Balmain to choose players from.

You have twice as many potentially pro players to choose from.

You already do it's called Jersey Flegg.

Its a matter of picking the best talent from these two teams to play in the Premier League team.

tigerdazz

Juniors
Here here !! totally agree. If we are to move ahead as one entity PL needs to be a unified " ELITE " group capable of WALKING into First Grade when injuries or game plans call for them to be utilized. A kind of "RAW TALENT REFINERY" .Flegg down should remain seperate , feeding the PL team with the exiting young players from both regions . Then the combined strength of our juniors can be moulded into a cohesive , professional , confident unit or FG "B" side.

joejoe

Juniors
There are enough players in the local Macarthur region to have a quality stand alone premier league team. Why reduce their opportunities to play 1st class senior football.

innsaneink

Referee
joejoe said:
There are enough players in the local Macarthur region to have a quality stand alone premier league team. Why reduce their opportunities to play 1st class senior football.

Well why arent they in PL for the magpies?
The current squad could use em.

Vicious

Bench
The only advantage of having 1 Premier League side would be if that side did dominate the competition meaning that all players that would be called apon to play 1st grade would do so with their confidence sky high. This would be even better if infact both Balmain and the Magpies could get their sides into the top 4??? Not going to happen this season, but it is possible?

chunk

Juniors
joejoe said:

No doubt there is tonnes of talent out west but the Magpies cannot afford to keep them all. Its being going on for ages and probably will continue.

The Roosters, Melbourne, Dogs etc will pay amazing amounts of money for young players.

The Magpies can only afford to keep a few high quality youngsters.

Therefore if you put those high quality players with Balmains you end up with a high quality Premier League team.

Also if you have one PL team, the Magpies will have more dollars to keep their kids in Jersy Flegg.

It makes total sense.

The Tank

Bench
chunk said:
You already do it's called Jersey Flegg.

Its a matter of picking the best talent from these two teams to play in the Premier League team.

Flegg players wouldn't likely be up to NRL standard, but some PL players are.

joejoe

Juniors
Its not all about the NRL comp!

Its about giving footballers a chance to play rep footy and the opportunity to be the best they can, what ever that level is. The Macarthur needs a full time rep team at sate level.

innsaneink

Referee
joejoe said:

Its about giving footballers a chance to play rep footy and the opportunity to be the best they can, what ever that level is. The Macarthur needs a full time rep team at sate level.

Why doesnt Ashfield deserve a team in the "state level comp"?

It is after all Wests birthplace.

Premier league.

:lol:
Its secondary, you know what that means?

chunk

Juniors
joejoe said:

98% of people in the Macarthur region would consider the Wests Tigers their team not the reserve grade side, so I don't think the Macarthur region needs a 'reserve' grade side.

Players will get a chance to play rep footy in a Wests Tigers reserve grade team.

gallagher

Juniors
The system is working well as it is. All I can see is PLENTY of juniors coming through both clubs, why change it? Dont fix what aint broken.

Now you might say that neither premier league team is doing well, but so what? It hasnt stunted the developement of Collis,Fulton,Gibbs,Farah,Harrison,Halatua etc.

Bottom line is that one club doesnt want to do it so why push it when it's not necessary?

joejoe

Juniors
chunk said:
98% of people in the Macarthur region would consider the Wests Tigers their team not the reserve grade side, so I don't think the Macarthur region needs a 'reserve' grade side.

Players will get a chance to play rep footy in a Wests Tigers reserve grade team.

You think the people in Macarthur are happy with only getting 3 games a year?

And yes, we do need a 'reserve grade side'

newmagpieflagwhite5hr.gif

chunk

Juniors
gallagher said:
The system is working well as it is. All I can see is PLENTY of juniors coming through both clubs, why change it? Dont fix what aint broken.

Now you might say that neither premier league team is doing well, but so what? It hasnt stunted the developement of Collis,Fulton,Gibbs,Farah,Harrison,Halatua etc.

Bottom line is that one club doesnt want to do it so why push it when it's not necessary?

If you call throwing $500 000 down the drain not broken then I suppose it is.

I'd prefer that money went to the Wests Tigers for keeping these young guns at the club.

chunk

Juniors
joejoe said:
You think the people in Macarthur are happy with only getting 3 games a year?

And yes, we do need a 'reserve grade side'

newmagpieflagwhite5hr.gif

The money that would be saved would allow six games to be played at Cambo

joejoe

Juniors
chunk said:
The money that would be saved would allow six games to be played at Cambo

I'm sure that keeping Wests Magpies a stand alone club in the Premier League would make the difference? Not!

If Wests Tigers won't give our area its true representation, I'll put my support behing the magpies anyday!!!

innsaneink

Referee
joejoe said:
I'm sure that keeping Wests Magpies a stand alone club in the Premier League would make the difference? Not!

If Wests Tigers won't give our area its true representation, I'll put my support behing the magpies anyday!!!

Point your finger at Cambo Council, not WT's.

What the hells a 'true representation' anyway?

As I said before, wheres Ashfields?:roll: