What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

premier teams merge

girvie

Staff member
I would hate it if the Premier League sides merged. No more Balmain and no more Magpies - unless they called the Premier League merged team the Balmain Magpies. So much history would be lost if there was a merge. In the current situation both clubs can live on but if there was a merge they would be forgotten soon enough.

I disagree that the competition for first grade spots would improve with a merge. With two teams you have double the choice for replacements if someone is injured.

Melbourne have two feeder clubs and it succesful for them.

2 True Blues

Coach
wests Premier league fans are some of the best supporters in the game ( except for Newtwon fans haha ). Would be tragic if they combined. Its always good to see the Magpie mascot running up the wings etc etc. Newtown, Norths, Wests, and the Tigers in Premier league is like a blast from the past. Part of the reason I love it so much.

What has been hard to understand for me is why the West Tigers firsts dont go consistantly well with such a power house of juniors playing in the second best comp in the state to choose from. ?? .

Hope they dont join together. It would be a sad day. ( If they do they should be called Magpies but ).

Can anyone tell me the result for the Wests versus St george/Illawarra premier league game. Final score and who won.

Thanks...

2 True Blues

Coach
Oh, and dont forget that Wests take on the Jets at Henson Park next Saturday 2/7/05 kickoff is at 3pm, and Wests play the Sharks in jersey flegg at 1.15pm. Come to the game peoples for a great day out, and a steak roll and cold one on the hill.

yappy

Bench
CULLUS.ONLINE said:
expect a merger very soon...

How are Balmain going to merge with now?

Take yet another cold shower. It's not going to happen. The Magpies aren't interested.

gr8_1

Juniors
Lost 20-10 today.
Up 10-0 and looking good. Then came the rain.
Lima, number 17 (pritchard I think) and Gallant looked good.

2 True Blues

Coach
Thanks for the score mate. Truly wish it had have been the other way around. Would say better luck next week, but hey, you guys are playing against us. Can you save that luck till the weekend after next week. LOL.

Soo you guys over a beer at Henson next saturday.

Good win in 1sts anyway.

innsaneink

Referee
2 True Blues said:
wests Premier league fans are some of the best supporters in the game ( except for Newtwon fans haha ). Would be tragic if they combined. Its always good to see the Magpie mascot running up the wings etc etc. Newtown, Norths, Wests, and the Tigers in Premier league is like a blast from the past. Part of the reason I love it so much.

What has been hard to understand for me is why the West Tigers firsts dont go consistantly well with such a power house of juniors playing in the second best comp in the state to choose from. ?? .

Hope they dont join together. It would be a sad day. ( If they do they should be called Magpies but ).

Can anyone tell me the result for the Wests versus St george/Illawarra premier league game. Final score and who won.

Thanks...

plladder.jpg

joejoe

Juniors
damage to my magpies
yappy said:
How are Balmain going to merge with now?

Take yet another cold shower. It's not going to happen. The Magpies aren't interested.

I hope your right yappy. Magpies forever!

insider

Juniors
the truth is known

this stems from MY theory, and only mine

when in 1997 era we had 20 teams, we foun alot of talent we wouldnt normally find

schifcofske and marcus bai especially, we gave players after player a chance to shine

naturally, there was a lot of jetsamin the ranks, aseiri lang, etc

but the flotsam really rose to the surface, so when it was culled back, we had a super strong competition, feel me?

so if tigers have 2 pl teams, we can identify more talent, even if it means keeping aboard more scum for it to happen.

like look at last years effot, the wests premier team were star studded, balmain had nevilles, however balmain raped wests in terms of ladder position

2 True Blues

Coach
That would be the first time since 2000 atleast that Wests have been on the bottom of the ladder. But am sure they wont be there when the season is over..

tigger

Juniors
Western Suburbs will finish last (as per their average ranking since 1908). At least BRET are in the hunt to make the semis, after donating 3 quality players to your worthless and spiritless club.

joejoe

Juniors
Tigger, least our club still exists in Premier League its own right!

Though I conceed the hopes of Wests Magpies in 2005 doesn't look too good.

yappy

Bench
tigger said:
Western Suburbs will finish last (as per their average ranking since 1908). At least BRET are in the hunt to make the semis, after donating 3 quality players to your worthless and spiritless club.

Yeah go the Denistone Devon Rex! You just can't buy 9 months of history can you?

greg

Juniors
joejoe said:
Tigger, least our club still exists in Premier League its own right!

Though I conceed the hopes of Wests Magpies in 2005 doesn't look too good.

Ignore Tigger, JoeJoe and Yappy. Either he is the worlds biggest sh*tstirrer or just a Ryde Eastwood supporter trying to feel important. Yes the mighty maggies are having an unhappy season but it all goes in cycles. You still have your proud history and tradition, a bit like the mighty bluebags.

Wasn't part of the deal when the Wastes Tigers came into being was that the PL teams would stay as Balmain and Wests?
As other Jets fans have said here, it'd be a great loss to lose Balmain and Wests in the PL as those clubs are what people remember and love.

Lets be honest... How long will it be before the Wastes Tigers fall apart completly and either Balmain or Wests are back into the NewsRL? It can't be long now... A year or two at the most.

mightybears

Bench
one crap season doesn't mean you should throw away your heritage, remarkably stupid thing to do/suggest/sh*t stir
a balmain or RE man pissed/jealous that 'his tigers' are no more and wests are still wests abeit a PL wests?

innsaneink

Referee
Henson Park Hornets said:
Wasn't part of the deal when the Wastes Tigers came into being was that the PL teams would stay as Balmain and Wests?
As other Jets fans have said here, it'd be a great loss to lose Balmain and Wests in the PL as those clubs are what people remember and love.

Lets be honest... How long will it be before the Wastes Tigers fall apart completly and either Balmain or Wests are back into the NewsRL? It can't be long now... A year or two at the most.

So much for the deal, and if it is the case then Balmain have breached it.

I guess your a little slow, I'll let you in on a secret................Balmain are already gone.

chunk

Juniors
Who really gives a rats about Premier League anyway.

Couple of hundred people (Which I am glad are watching Footy than anything else)

Premier League is just a pathway to First Grade.

Do any of you honestly think that the large majority of players in Premier League are playing for the love of that club or hopes of playing first grade.