What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiership favorites 7 weeks out

Who will win the 2005 grand final

• Brisbane

Votes: 17 8.0%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 52 24.4%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 78 36.6%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 30 14.1%

• Total voters

Misty Bee

First Grade
Please vote for who you think will be premiers in 2005. 7 weeks out, it will be interesting to see who thinks what. I reckon it's a dead heat between Parra and brisbane at the 'mo, with Saints very close behind. Can't write off Wests with the fairytale factor, either. However, their chances are slim at best.

The others, IMHO, can be written off. Excluding teh yop 4, the best 2 sides are the ones fightng out the wooden spoon. Congrats to Souths and Newcastle for having some pride in themselves - they would both defeat the next 9 teams above them. Easily.

The Colonel

Immortal
Brisbane and the Dragon are the two most likely at this stage. Eels are a step behind the other two just yet - As good as the win on Friday was, the Eels still need to perform well against the Dragons and Brisbane in coming weeks to cement any warranted favouritism. Lockyer's injury may peg the Broncoas back a shade.

Tigers inexperience and youthful exuberance may well be a hinderance to their finals chances but stranger things have happened.

The premiers will come from those four, that much looks certain.

Dragons v Parramatta Grand Final? Can only hope.......

wolverine

Juniors
Wait until semi finals...some of the teams who are higher on the ladder will fall due to inexperience. There are no favourites in my eyes...all inconsistent as each other:lol:

Rammo

Juniors
Your kidding yourself if you think Parra is going better than the Saints atm Misty Bee. Saints will win this comp with daylight behind.

Nickeel

Juniors
The Dragons are the best team in the comp by about fifteen lengths.

They look unstopable. There are simply no weaknesses.

Give them the trophy now.

Nick

Godz Illa

Coach
Nickeel said:
The Dragons are the best team in the comp by about fifteen lengths.

They look unstopable. There are simply no weaknesses.

Give them the trophy now.

Nick
You only think you're being sarcastic.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Your kidding yourself if you think Parra is going better than the Saints atm Misty Bee. Saints will win this comp with daylight behind.

7 weeks is a long time. That's why I noted it in the thread title.

The real test for both Eels and Saints is Friday night. Brisbane have the jitters - Manly showed that. Parra towelled the Dragons a few weeks back. I expect a closer game this week.

Saints are looking excellent. However, they have only found form in the last few weeks. Parra is emerging from the mini slump that Brisbane are now in. Timing? I'd ratehr be in a slump now, and get out of it in the next few weeks. Even if Brisbane lose the minor premiership, they will still be top 4. Their timing may be impeccable.

Saints will also have to get past Wests in the finals :wink:

Nickeel

Juniors
Godz Illa said:
You only think you're being sarcastic.

I don't think I'm being sarcastic. Wasn't my intention.

You're a Dragons fan - did you actually watch the game yesterday?

It will take a Best of the Rest XIII side just to come close to them.

Nick

RABK

Referee
Nickeel said:
I don't think I'm being sarcastic. Wasn't my intention.

You're a Dragons fan - did you actually watch the game yesterday?

It will take a Best of the Rest XIII side just to come close to them.

Nick

Or a Newcastle side needing to win the round 26 clash to avoid the spoon. ;-)

Should be a cracker.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
The real test for both Eels and Saints is Friday night.

friday night? they play on sunday
Saints are the favourites...they have better halves than the eels.

The_Coach

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
Coach, do I detect some fear on your part to back Paramatta?

No fear. I'm just a realist. Dragons are currently the best team in the comp, that's why they are favourites.

Once again there are too many supporters, of either side, jumping the gun and blowing their own horn.

perverse

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Or a Newcastle side needing to win the round 26 clash to avoid the spoon. ;-)

Should be a cracker.
took the words right out of my mouth.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Coach, I think you are underestimating your own team (fearing the finals?)

Then again, if people wish to 'blow their horn', what's your problem? Or do you wait untl you are up by 14in the last minute of a GF to start cheering?

BWNB

First Grade
someone forgot the sharks they will pounce and thrive under finals pressure , dont forget the veterans peach and stevens will want to win it as it is there last year
sharks are favourites in my eyes

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
friday night? they play on sunday
Saints are the favourites...they have better halves than the eels.

I agree the Dragons are doing well but it is not the halves that is their strength.

Latest posts