What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiership favorites 7 weeks out

Who will win the 2005 grand final

• Brisbane

Votes: 17 8.0%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 52 24.4%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 78 36.6%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 30 14.1%

• Total voters

drake

First Grade
Dragons for obvious reasons, but I won't be comfortable until I see Barrett hoist the silverware.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
borat said:
Jobdog,

You sound like Vossy. Is there an answer in any of that or are you going to stay sitting on the fence.
I gave an answer in the first two sentences.

perverse

Referee
roosterbooster1 said:
dragons
with wests the only other team challenging
wests don't have the experience i nthe halves i don't believe.
hope i'm proven wrong though, i'm definately on the fairytale bandwagon :D

aussies1st

Staff member
Panthers_God said:
Watch out Roosters, Raiders and Warriors. If Penrith win this weekend the can leapfrog them all.
What difference does it make, you guys won't be making the finals. Only thing you guys have to play for is avoiding the spoon.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Dragons won't win the premiership, they ALWAYS choke in the finals and people are jumping on their bandwagon prematurely.

Mr Saab

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
Dragons won't win the premiership, they ALWAYS choke in the finals and people are jumping on their bandwagon prematurely.

and the eels last won a comp when?
Eels fans should be the last to talk about choking.

1997 led the knights 18-0..lost
1998 led the dogs 18-2 with 11 to go..lost
1999 led the storm at halftime by 10...lost
2001 dissapeared in the GF

choke :lol:

borat

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:

:lol:
If there is ever a team qualified to talk about choking its Parra.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
and the eels last won a comp when?
Eels fans should be the last to talk about choking.

1997 led the knights 18-0..lost
1998 led the dogs 18-2 with 11 to go..lost
1999 led the storm at halftime by 10...lost
2001 dissapeared in the GF

choke :lol:

Yeah and now state all the times the Dragons have choked under the pressure of being favourites.

F**k off you goose, you have no idea.

Mr Saab

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
Yeah and now state all the times the Dragons have choked under the pressure of being favourites.

F**k off you goose, you have no idea.

i have much much more of an idea than you sunshine...i assure you.

I never said the dragons dont choke, never said that...but for an eels supporter to say that the dragons choke is a bit rich.
Now go fu(k off...you goose...you have NOOOOOOOOOOOOO idea

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
i have much much more of an idea than you sunshine...i assure you.

I never said the dragons dont choke, never said that...but for an eels supporter to say that the dragons choke is a bit rich.
Now go fu(k off...you goose...you have NOOOOOOOOOOOOO idea

Guess what Charlie, we aren't favourites, we won't be favourites and the Eels history of choking is completely irrelevant until we are favourites.

How many times have the Dragons choked under the tag of favourites? Alot more than the Eels, although they've had the tag more than us. Who gives a f**k if we have choked under pressure, we aren't under the pressure of being favourites.

The Dragons are favourites and can stay favourites for all I care, but they won't win the premiership and that's all I said, but you have to turn it into an attack on the Eels. So piss off you insecure keyboard champ.

Mr Saab

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
The Dragons are favourites and can stay favourites for all I care, but they won't win the premiership and that's all I said, but you have to turn it into an attack on the Eels. So piss off you insecure keyboard champ.

attack????????
all i did was post FACTS...sorry if FACTS hurt you.
Go cry to mummy because charlie saab upset you with FACTS :roll:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
attack????????
all i did was post FACTS...sorry if FACTS hurt you.
Go cry to mummy because charlie saab upset you with FACTS :roll:

What did the Eels have to do with anything in my first post idiot? You brought them out of nowhere because I support them, completely irrelevant. But OK, now tell everyone the FACTS that back up what I've said. Oh no you wouldn't do that, because it would once again prove you have no credibility and are an IDIOT for making a mountain out of a molehill.

weasel

First Grade
Tigers are the big worry for the Dragons. Since we put the horror of the first six rounds behind us, Wests have been the only side we haven't been able to handle, and they've done so twice, racing away to big leads. We got lucky the first time (thanks to Gasnier) and were flattered by the final score the second time. Our other two losses in the last 17 rounds weren't anything overly concerning; we had control against the Storm at Olympic Park midway through the second half but dropped off, it was after Origin so meh; and we all don't need to be reminded of the incident that caused us to lose our composure and, ultimately, the match against the Eels. If we can log another clinical victory over Parra this weekend then it'll only be Wests Tigers we need to figure out.

borat

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
How many times have the Dragons choked under the tag of favourites? Alot more than the Eels, although they've had the tag more than us. Who gives a f**k if we have choked under pressure, we aren't under the pressure of being favourites.

:lol: :lol:

What a clown

remind us when the last time the Dragons swept all before us to win the minor premiership, hammered the opposition in the semi's and then got towelled in the GF.

I can think of once when we were absolute favourites but nothing in comparison to Parra's efforts in 01.

Parramtta = The Champion of Chokers