What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiership favorites 7 weeks out

Who will win the 2005 grand final

• Brisbane

Votes: 17 8.0%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 52 24.4%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 78 36.6%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 30 14.1%

• Total voters

The Colonel

Immortal
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
someone forgot the sharks they will pounce and thrive under finals pressure , dont forget the veterans peach and stevens will want to win it as it is there last year
sharks are favourites in my eyes

Can you send me a PM? I want the number of your dealer.....

BWNB

First Grade
The Colonel said:
Can you send me a PM? I want the number of your dealer.....

ok you may think im crazy but how many teams have beat parra at home this year?
2 sharks and knights so sharks are fav in my eyes sharks are just starting to gel again and win some games like they did against the storm

As you saw on sat night they were doing it for each other as you saw stevens have a go at hilder thats what league is all about team-mates fighting- its all passion

The Colonel

Immortal
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
ok you may think im crazy but how many teams have beat parra at home this year?
2 sharks and knights so sharks are fav in my eyes sharks are just starting to gel again and win some games like they did against the storm

As you saw on sat night they were doing it for each other as you saw stevens have a go at hilder thats what league is all about team-mates fighting- its all passion

Yes, the Sharks beat us at home. They were playing a damn sight better back then they they did on the weekend. But it looks more likely you'll be facing the Drag-ons or Broncos in the first week of the semis.

borat

Bench
The dragons deserve to be the favourites right now but the eels will take over that mantle if they win this sunday. And to be honest they are welcome to it. Too many stories and quotes from Dragons players atm about "not getting too far ahead of themselves" when we are 7 weeks out.

BWNB

First Grade
The Colonel said:
Yes, the Sharks beat us at home. They were playing a damn sight better back then they they did on the weekend. But it looks more likely you'll be facing the Drag-ons or Broncos in the first week of the semis.

Shouldn't be to hard , you saw yeasterday how easy they are to beat , we were robbed the first time we played them and the 2nd time i wont even talk about as for the dragons bring on semis footy and we will show you what we can do.

borat

Bench
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Shouldn't be to hard , you saw yeasterday how easy they are to beat , we were robbed the first time we played them and the 2nd time i wont even talk about as for the dragons bring on semis footy and we will show you what we can do.

The only thing the sharks have shown they can do in semi final football is EXIT stage left.

Sharks won't make the 8 anyway.

Eddie.

Bench
Saints are the most complete team in the competition, they have every base covered. I dont think our Tigers have the forwards to win it, Parramatta probably not the experience in the halves and Brisbane seem to be fatiguing and Seymore needs to help Lockyer more.

I wouldnt write off the Cowboys, they have been very poor this last month but with their big forward pack that can offload and nippy backs and dummy half they cetainly have the points in them.

Im not sure any side would fancy themselves against Saints in their current form, but the Tigers did cause them a hugew amount of defensive problems in both games this season with our expansive style of play. Benji Marshall had field days on both occasions.

BWNB

First Grade
borat said:
The only thing the sharks have shown they can do in semi final football is EXIT stage left.

Sharks won't make the 8 anyway.

yes they will they will make it they really only need to win 1 of their last 3 games and i think they can win 2

borat

Bench
In all seriousness if the Sharks lose to Manly this week you will struggle big time to make the 8. The Knights and Souths are playing the housedown atm and will beat the Sharks if there is a chance to avoid the spoon.

perverse

Referee
Panthers_God said:
Wat the hell the Broncos are in first and nobody has voted for them.
odd isn't it?
i can personally see their defence crumble under finals football.
they've got the class and experience though.. they should be favourites regardless.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Premiership favourites? Well on current form, u would hav to say the Dragons, but are they peaking too early?? They are blowing everyone off the park at the moment, but I just think they might b peaking a little early. Even though it looks like Lockyer might be out until the finals, that will mean the Broncos may not win another game until then, which will see them possibly drop to fourth. The Tigers r going well as well, a fairytale might b in the making, but I think their lack of finals experience will hurt them. And then u hav Parramatta, who rnt going too badly.....

borat

Bench
Jobdog said:
Premiership favourites? Well on current form, u would hav to say the Dragons, but are they peaking too early?? They are blowing everyone off the park at the moment, but I just think they might b peaking a little early. Even though it looks like Lockyer might be out until the finals, that will mean the Broncos may not win another game until then, which will see them possibly drop to fourth. The Tigers r going well as well, a fairytale might b in the making, but I think their lack of finals experience will hurt them. And then u hav Parramatta, who rnt going too badly.....

Jobdog,

You sound like Vossy. Is there an answer in any of that or are you going to stay sitting on the fence.

perverse

Referee
its sad that melbourne isn't a consideration in this thread.. after thinking about it a while i think they have the right mix to give it a shake come finals time too.

RABK

Referee
Lockyer's injured is he?

Did he break a finger doing a shirt grab on Gasnier or something?

RABK

Referee
Parra might be a big chance for the minor premiership if they can beat the Dragons.