What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pressure on greenfield

hardbaby

Coach
Greenfield is promising. But he's missed a lot of footy and needs to find his feet. It's his lack of aggression that worries me. You need that off the bench. We don't seem to have it (except for Merrin). Compare that with the Roosters (Masoe, Warea Hargreaves), Canberra (Tilse, Thurling, White), Manly (the whole bench) etc

Come finals time I am pretty sure the 4 reserves will be Prior (Fein at hooker, Young at lock), Merrin, Green or Gower (because they are true front rowers) and one back rower/prop interchange. I think Cuthbo will get the spot for his off loading and general impact. Bosden looks like a ripper. But it's pretty open. If there is an injury there could be 2 spots up for grabs. So I am happy for Bennett to trial his players. Early days.

Tim Smith

Juniors
I noticed Bosden and Marketo were listed for Corrimal to play against Helensburgh on the weekend...with Helensburgh having Brent Sherwin at halfback...Greenfield is assigned to Thirroul in that comp.

mightydragon

Juniors
Prior in my opinion needs to up the intensity. He isn't offering a lot in attack with his hitups. His defence is still solid but he needs to step it up in attack. He appears to take his time when getting up to play the ball as well killing any momentum that we try to build.

Barry's Beath

Juniors
Havent seen much of Bosden except for the Charity shield where he blitzed it. Has anyone seen much of him or are they basing their opinion on the one performance.

I tell you what, Cooper is running like a barnstorming backrower... I wouldn't mind him getting in to the pack.

no no no no no to coops in the backrow, I dunno what Greenfields problem is he used to run really hard but not lately he hasnt, right now Bosden is top of my list to give a go to..

Dragon Dave

Bench
Bosden deserves a shot. He's off contract at the end of the year and I'd hate to see him leave because he didn't get a chance to impress here.

Speaking of Prior and his slow play-the-balls, Darius tends to get frustrated and takes an age to get up and it's starting to get on my nerves a little. In the modern game the PTB can be the difference between winning and losing.

Godz Illa

Coach
Havent seen much of Bosden except for the Charity shield where he blitzed it. Has anyone seen much of him or are they basing their opinion on the one performance.

Yeah, I think most only saw him in the Charity Shield so I understand why he's rated so highlyacross the forum. I did see him the week after in the Dogs trial and he was very quiet. A few other forwards imressed much more in that one, including Greenfield

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If anything, this shows that we have a bit of competition for a bench spot.

RedVDave

First Grade
Give the guy some slack he is comming back from major neck surgery and has not played consistent first grade for a while, he will take some time to gel but will be well worth the wait IMO.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
he'll be great once bennett coaches the souths out of him..

Dragons1921

Juniors
We don't need to fine tune the team right now. I can't see any reason why we can't make the top 4 let alone the top 8 while playing around with the bench. A quality roster full of winners, excellent coaching staff and the playing structures in place will see to that. There are 20+ more rounds to find the ultimate combination. Everyone will get a chance to stake their claim. Injuries, resting players and rep games will provide ample opportunity for all serious contenders.

I think we're letting curiosity get the better of us here. After Bosden's display in the Charity Shield we're all hanging to see him have a run, especially because he plays a style that would make the Red V proud. However its a question of timing and so far Bennett has been impeccable.

I know a few of you will disagree but an example of wrecking an exciting prospect is Chase Stanley. Bought on too fast and too hard. But hey, that's my opinion.