What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pricey backs Smith return

TheParraboy

Staff member
hes only 23, its a long shot but he can still regain his ability

He is 24 actually

Id rather we keep developing Mortimer, and possibly give him some 1st grade experience later in the year, will bring him in good stead for 2010

KK at half for mine, he will do well

Bazal

Post Whore
Todd Carney is a choir boy in comparison..and they both must be 'empty heads'

Lol...you know very little about the matter if you think that's the case....then again, you knowing very little about something is hardly a shock...

As for the article at hand, why the outrage? I read it as Pricey simply saying that if the coach decided to go that way (with the proper contract and conditions) then he would not be opposed to it given the potential gain....hardly a problem I would have thought...

barney gumble

Juniors
Id rather we keep developing Mortimer, and possibly give him some 1st grade experience later in the year, will bring him in good stead for 2010

KK at half for mine, he will do well

Yeah pretty much my opinion too. This Tim Smith garbage keeps being raised as a topic. He's a shadow of the player he was in 2005 and will never see anything close to that form again. Let it go.

parra pete

Referee
Lol...you know very little about the matter if you think that's the case....then again, you knowing very little about something is hardly a shock...

As for the article at hand, why the outrage? I read it as Pricey simply saying that if the coach decided to go that way (with the proper contract and conditions) then he would not be opposed to it given the potential gain....hardly a problem I would have thought...

My experience in life has enabled me to spot a dick-head when I see one. And if those blokes (Carney/Smith) keeping playing up in public with no idea that their obnoxious behaviour is bringing their sport, 'name' and family into disrepute,then, imo, they have to be EMPTY HEADS....and if you can't realise that, then you too, I am sad to say, are an empty head as well.
Would you like a so called professional sportsman expose himself to the female members of your family - and laugh it off with a :lol:..Didn't think so.
How many roads must a man go down before he gets the message that it is not acceptable. And I couldn't care if he had the sporting ability of Peter Sterling. If you can't respect yourself, you won't respect anything else.
Get him a job chipping burrs, or sweeping up in a shearing shed in 100 degree heat..See if that brings any discipline into his life....

Raudonikis

Juniors
Pete i can assure you Sterlo wasnt a saint, but i think you missed Bazals point,alls he was saying was your kidding if you think T smith behaves worse than T carney

strider

Post Whore
My experience in life has enabled me to spot a dick-head when I see one. And if those blokes (Carney/Smith) keeping playing up in public with no idea that their obnoxious behaviour is bringing their sport, 'name' and family into disrepute,then, imo, they have to be EMPTY HEADS....and if you can't realise that, then you too, I am sad to say, are an empty head as well.
Would you like a so called professional sportsman expose himself to the female members of your family - and laugh it off with a :lol:..Didn't think so.
How many roads must a man go down before he gets the message that it is not acceptable. And I couldn't care if he had the sporting ability of Peter Sterling. If you can't respect yourself, you won't respect anything else.
Get him a job chipping burrs, or sweeping up in a shearing shed in 100 degree heat..See if that brings any discipline into his life....

spotted any in your bathroom? :lol: .... sorry - couldn't resist

you really should just leave all the misguided "come back tim smith" posts be pete - it'll make life easier

strider

Post Whore
Yep, fully agree on both points, or is it just one, as misguided covers both.
well yeah - I think the ppl making the posts are kidding themselves - and then the fact pete jumps in and gets all worked up about it just makes his own life harder - just f'n ignore it pete

As a HUGE Tim Smith fan, as distressed as I was when he left, I think it would be a mistake to bring him back especially while we have Juniors such as KK and Hodgko that have committed to the club and have been eagerly waiting their chance,.

After all the club and Tim went through together, the eventual result was Tim having to get away. Unless Tim makes an approach to us, there is no need for us to go and follow him.

He has a lot to prove before he can even think of him returning to his 2005 form. It's 4 years later and that form has only appeared in glimmers since.

We should stick with what we have.

Gronk

Staff member
As a HUGE Tim Smith fan, as distressed as I was when he left, I think it would be a mistake to bring him back especially while we have Juniors such as KK and Hodgko that have committed to the club and have been eagerly waiting their chance,.

After all the club and Tim went through together, the eventual result was Tim having to get away. Unless Tim makes an approach to us, there is no need for us to go and follow him.

He has a lot to prove before he can even think of him returning to his 2005 form. It's 4 years later and that form has only appeared in glimmers since.

We should stick with what we have.

Hodgko eagerly went to Manly.

Gronk

Staff member
Cool. I think you're right about Tim. If he was killing it in ESL he might be worth a look, but at the moment he's playing reggies. Nuff said really.

lucablight

First Grade
Cool. I think you're right about Tim. If he was killing it in ESL he might be worth a look, but at the moment he's playing reggies. Nuff said really.

I don't think that's always a valid argument because sometimes all players need to thrive is a change in environment. Maybe the environment just isn't suitable for him over there.

eelandia

Juniors
Something's going on with Tim and Noble, his coach. Good 'ol Peter Peters this morning on 2KY spoke of a so called off the record talk he had with Noble and apparently Noble wasn't very flattering of Tim. Now as it was off the record, Peters didn't divulge anymore info but his insinuation was that Noble couldn't wait to get rid of him.

I wonder whether Tim is playing reggies over there due to a personality conflict rather than form?

bartman

Immortal
His form was nothing special to be honest. Played off the bench last year, and when eventually moving into the starting side this year once Barrett left, coach game him four games then turfed him.

Bad form can be enough to start a personality clash with the coach, as we've seen with Finchy only recently :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
Something's going on with Tim and Noble, his coach. Good 'ol Peter Peters this morning on 2KY spoke of a so called off the record talk he had with Noble and apparently Noble wasn't very flattering of Tim. Now as it was off the record, Peters didn't divulge anymore info but his insinuation was that Noble couldn't wait to get rid of him.

I wonder whether Tim is playing reggies over there due to a personality conflict rather than form?

Yeah I wonder what Tim's problem is ? :b:

bartman

Immortal
The guy's been dealt a tricky hand, with bi-polar. And I think it's just a matter of him still trying to come to terms with that (ie accept it, take the medications if that's the recommended pathway, which means no/low alcohol).

Much easier at first to run away from it (through the drink), then run away from it to a different country in the hope of change. But like most things it catches up to you eventually, and you have to have the maturity to face it, and learn to manage it. He's only young still, and I hope that the experience of having to come back at the end of the year to reality (ie probably no contract offers) will help Tim gain the maturity he will need.

And even then, a few years later, Tim might be able to work his way back into an NRL squad in his late 20s on incentives, and then earn himself have a few decent years at the end of the whole process.

lucablight

First Grade

Interesting you say that. I seem to recall Noble saying Tim Smith was one of the top 3 halfbacks in the world when he signed him.

CrazyEel

Bench
Interesting you say that. I seem to recall Noble saying Tim Smith was one of the top 3 halfbacks in the world when he signed him.
Yeah, he did say that when he first signed him, but he's not saying that now after the experience of coaching him.

Latest posts