What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

King-Gutho94

Coach
Hannay closing in on Ryles.

It's 26-24 Ryles favour.

But Ryles was way in front yesterday.

Seems a lot of the cheika votes have been transferred to Hannay.

King-Gutho94

Coach

I have seen this movie before when it comes to players.

We didn't rate them they go elsewhere and become a success.

We better hope Cheika doesn't become an NRL coach anywhere now let alone becomes a success.

It will be another haunting moment for this club.

I remember when bomber’s mum crucified the sharks for dumping him. I hid under the coffee table.

Maybe she can put in a late application?

Smash that glass ceiling.

I watched her on TV slagging off the sharks and I must say, the old heart did flutter a bit faster.

Some of you punks here might want your cute and literate Vonny types as coach but not me.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kearney also had the experience of Bennett in the RLWC in 2008.

Helped him no end.
Goes to show the value of assistants. One fact missed in this Hannay vs Ryles thing is that both of these guys are currently assistant coaches at other clubs. Why can other clubs get assistant coaches who are good enough to be head coaches elsewhere? When was the last time one of our assistant coaches was poached to be head coach of an NRL club?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would put a very big Asterix beside that. Unless we know for sure that the problem was Brad and is not the HOF or R&R team We can’t know if it was the right call or just a easy call made to cover their asses.
Exactly. But coaches are always the scapegoat. Cleary got the arse at Penrith because they missed the finals twice in three years. Turns out it mightn’t have been his fault.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Because maybe there's a stereotype that they're all lazy corporate f**ks who make a living out of taking easy or cheap options?
If you think about the kind of person responsible for perpetuating stereotypes you’ll realise how silly your comment is. In the case of stereotypes about successful men such as these ‘corporate f**ks’, they are spread by petty, insecure, bitter little men like you and me.

hindy111

Post Whore
Goes to show the value of assistants. One fact missed in this Hannay vs Ryles thing is that both of these guys are currently assistant coaches at other clubs. Why can other clubs get assistant coaches who are good enough to be head coaches elsewhere? When was the last time one of our assistant coaches was poached to be head coach of an NRL club?

I worked at a place once where the guy in charge would hire peanuts so nobody below him would look better/smarter and show him up for what he is.
It ended up a peanut show. A bag of nuts.

It happens

Pazza

First Grade
Exactly. But coaches are always the scapegoat. Cleary got the arse at Penrith because they missed the finals twice in three years. Turns out it mightn’t have been his fault.

as a coach, you're going to get more credit than you deserve when things go right and more blame than you deserve when things go wrong.

Latest posts