What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pricey gone.... (Steve Price Merged thread)

Moffo

Referee
That is what sections of the media have been reporting this morning.....

I'm Shattered

I'm dissappointed, but not angry at him

I remember when he pledged his career to the dogs back in the mid 90s. But I'm not angry

Realistically, I blame all those that have sullied the reputation of our proud club over the past 10 years. I blame sections of our fan base, I blame several corrupt administrators, I blame some of the players and I blame the media

I don't blame Pricey. For he no longer runs out in a team that carried the same respect and reputation that it did 10 years ago.

I don't blame him

Hurriflatch

Referee
With due respect Price, Peponis & Mortimer were the only three who got the Dogs through the whole salary cap scandal then the ongoing Willie Mason saga and the rape allegations.

All three are now gone

As much as I hate the Bulldogs, It's a shame

atomic_crimson

Juniors
he has not gone yet... fingers crossed he doesnt...

cos id be shattered too.. i heard we should expect an announcement today

[furrycat]

Coach
This isn't confirmed yet. I think he will go because he deserves better for his family when he retires. I watched him in 1995 and since then I can't picture him playing for any other club, so I hope he doesn't, he holds the guys together...

Hurriflatch, Your post confused me a bit, you named three people and said "These two" and then said "All three are gone". George Peponis is still at the club.

half

Coach
great

sucked in to the bulldogs. serves you right for taking andrew ryan away from parra when you had no right to

Dogs Of War

Coach
Maybe if you rid of Brian Smith players would not want to leave the club. How long before Tahu seeks a release?

Eels Dude

Coach
Dogs Of War said:
Maybe if you rid of Brian Smith players would not want to leave the club. How long before Tahu seeks a release?

He makes a good point though, Dogs had no right to sign Ryan as they were over the cap at that time.

Dog-E

Juniors
Steve Price does NOT struggle for a crust...he does VERY well, has done very wel in the past, and he KNIOWS the Dogs would look after him till kingdon come after his on-field footy career wanes...so if he is going for the extra $$$ then that is just pure GREED!

He has said as recently as 2-3 months ago how he "Loves this club to death"

Well, I'm sorry - I absolutlely love the bloke - but now is the time for him to back up his words of the past - if he DOES leave - it will be pure greed that drives him fas as I can see!! Maybe the troubles of the club have knocked him round a bit, but he has even stated several times since all of that his desire to remain a one club man.

And so I damn well WILL hold it against him if that ends up being the case!!!!! :evil:

But I am not believing anything until I hear it from pricey's mouth...and hopefully my OWN loyalty here will never be tested... :(

EDIT: took out some minute details - dont want to get censored.

Dog-E

Juniors
OK, after reading today's Sun-Herald, I must retract my former comment, and apologise to Steve - because therein he categorically states that money is NOT the determining factor in this decision!

Instead he talks of "new challenges" and "Opportunities after football" ....which could mean anything - but are at least worthy reasons I can understand.

I would still be very, very, very, very, very disappointed & disillusioned if Steve chooses to leave us...But I would get over it. The club is at all times bigger than any individuals that make it up. We've fought back before from much worse, and doggone it we'll do it AGAIN - whenever doggone necessary!!! :mrgreen:

Hurriflatch

Referee
Will be interesting to see which way he goes it's meant to be today (Monday) that he makes up his mind.

sretsoor

Juniors
Commiserations to the Dogs if they lose Price. He is one player who has stood tall through all your dramas. I think if he has decided to leave it was most probably due to the dramas. Your clubs non-disclosure policy left all players smeared during the rape allegations and players like Price and El Masri werent happy that they had to put with it. A lot of undue stress. The non disclosure policy only protects those who were allegedly in the wrong showing no loyalty to the rest, actions speak louder than words so if Price goes that would be why IMHO.

Dog-E

Juniors
If he went to the Roosters - he would NEVER EVER be forgiven by Dogs fans...and he knows it!!!

Which, of course - isn't to say they didn't TRY!!! :lol: