What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pride of the League & Arizona

betcats

Referee
The questions i am talking about are the ones everyone has been asking , questions she must of been expecting and tried to answer. Things like is the IU toothless? Why didnt find the police report? They are fair questions considering what has happened.

insert.pause

First Grade
The questions i am talking about are the ones everyone has been asking , questions she must of been expecting and tried to answer. Things like is the IU toothless? Why didnt find the police report? They are fair questions considering what has happened.

what did you expect her to say? we f**ked up? thank you media for hunting it down like watergate?

She admitted that lessons had been learnt, what more do you want?

insert.pause

First Grade
Dave Smith sent the COO to face the media in regards to the fine lol she got towelled up, Ben Fordham just played it.
She wasn't sacrificed by Smith, the COO is responsible for the IU.

She was fine, a little uncomfortable but settled in towards the end.

The media were feral.

betcats

Referee
what did you expect her to say? we f**ked up? thank you media for hunting it down like watergate?

She admitted that lessons had been learnt, what more do you want?

"We f**ked up" Would of been a better answer than "we werent made aware that was available".

The IU are people being paid to do a job imo its pretty fair to ask why they didnt do it.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
This is another feather in the NRL's huge cap for this year, along with the massive growth and profits, the major story for this year was of a couple of players, out of season, on holiday in America, out on the turps behaving badly.
Poor old dinosaur media were clutching at straws, only to be again made look like fools with the punishment of a couple of drunks on holidays being, a 20 thousand charity fine.

Well done NRL. Your tightly run shop is producing results.
Slap on the wrist to souths, game on Thursday Night footy at the bighouse,,,,Suncorp.

The media failed again trying to turn a Willy Mason shuffle into a street fight.

Week before season kicks off only news I've seen or heard on RL in the West has been souths situation and Titans coke/financial meltdown. Yep it's been a great end to the off season lol.

betcats

Referee
If the fine is for not finding out everything is losing the captaincy the only punishment either player got?

Big Sam

First Grade
On what basis is a player getting ejected from a club for drunkeness, fighting a bouncer, spending a night in gaol, then only having charges dropped after paying the victim off considered less of an offence than a player trying to tap a chick walking passed him in a bar?

Because one occurred in a key NRL market and the other occurred 14,000km away where no-one involved knew what the players involved did for a living i.e. no reputational damage to the NRL was incurred.

The media reporting has done more damage to the game than the incident itself.

I hope all 16 clubs go straight to the IU from now on should any incidents occur that don't involve convictions. Bypass the hacks. They can be sure nothing will leak out given all the News moles have been blasted out of HQ.

alien

Referee
make an example of them.

strip the title.

hqdefault.jpg

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
GKD, you are a treasure.

Speaking of treasure, most of us would treasure the truth.

Has anyone seen a person other than a LOL@souffs fan refer to the redfern rabblers as 'the pride of the league'.

No?

Anyone?

Good.

I now declare Annandale to be the true Pride of the League.

Case closed.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Because one occurred in a key NRL market and the other occurred 14,000km away where no-one involved knew what the players involved did for a living i.e. no reputational damage to the NRL was incurred.

I hope all 16 clubs go straight to the IU from now on should any incidents occur that don't involve convictions. Bypass the hacks. They can be sure nothing will leak out given all the News moles have been blasted out of HQ.

Again trying to blame everyone but your own grubby club.
Your grubby players created the problem.
Your grubby club was incompetent in not investigating the problem sufficiently.
The incompetent IU took your grubby clubs word as gospel.
Your Grubby club then lies to everyone when giving reasons for Sutton losing captaincy.
Media does some digging - finds out more in 3 mins than NRL IU does in 3 days.
Runs the real story in the paper.
50uff$ and IU left with egg on their faces.
You still got off lightly with $20k fine - Richo now in NRL employment able to take care of proceedings.

BranVan3000

Coach
Again trying to blame everyone but your own grubby club.
Your grubby players created the problem.
Your grubby club was incompetent in not investigating the problem sufficiently.
The incompetent IU took your grubby clubs word as gospel.
Your Grubby club then lies to everyone when giving reasons for Sutton losing captaincy.
Media does some digging - finds out more in 3 mins than NRL IU does in 3 days.
Runs the real story in the paper.
50uff$ and IU left with egg on their faces.
You still got off lightly with $20k fine - Richo now in NRL employment able to take care of proceedings.

Lmao a sharks fan talking about grubby club and getting off lightly

POPEYE

Coach
Lmao a sharks fan talking about grubby club and getting off lightly

Even a bigger laugh when the only reason the fine was issued was to placate f**king whingers. Like everyone else I wasn't in Arizona but I've been out and about enough to know that blokes standing on a door supposedly to prevent trouble spend most of their time chafing at the bit in anticipation of it, so much so they give it a helping hand.

The thing that irks me is not the Souths fine but the bouncer payoff . . . Sydney counterparts will be kicking heads for weeks in fits of jealousy

betcats

Referee
The IU didnt investigate this properly and are forced to re-open the case. After their re-opened investigation is done they decide to fine the bunnies for, wait for it, not investigating properly! and despite fining Souffs they then release a statement saying the man who was running souffs at the time has done nothing wrong. Not only that, this is the same mob who wanted to fine Gallen 50k for a tweet that have decided that the two players getting drunk, acting stupid and refusing to leave a pub when asked then tackling the bouncer cutting his head and getting arrested and charged with assualt dont need to be punished.

I cant be the only one who finds this ridiculous. Now they are pushing for more powers! If I was a player it would be a cold day in hell before I handed my phone or PC to these incompetant, incosistent clowns.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee

LOL

'Yeah I murdered someone but it's the cops fault I'm in gaol'

Latest posts