What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prime Minister's XIII side named

mxlegend99

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Never said he'd be top of my list but he'll be preferred ahead of Campbell thats for sure!
I don't doubt he would. Campbell has never been given a chance even when his team was at the top of the comp.

skeepe said:
What bullsh*t. Kurt Gidley over Phil Graham? Trent Waterhouse and Paul Gallen over Alan Tongue? Jarred Mullen over Todd Carney?

f**k this biased bullsh*t, it's not funny anymore.
I AGREE!!!! this is f**kin BS

Briza

Juniors
Bench looks p!ssweak, and Gidley at centre?:crazy:

Otherwise a good team of youngsters/ 2nd tier players.

lockyno1

Post Whore
mxlegend99 said:
I don't doubt he would. Campbell has never been given a chance even when his team was at the top of the comp.

There is a reason...his DEFENCE is absysmal!

lockyno1

Post Whore
mxlegend99 said:
Yet Lockyer has had no issues with being selected ;)

You think Campbell is as good as Lockyer, you are seriously deluded! Lockyer has won 3 premierships, countless Origin matches, and won test matches off his own boot! His defence is actually ok. Since he had a halfback that can defend (Perry) his defence has been good! You try playing next to Seymour! Heck I'd have no confidence in him either to make a tackle!

mxlegend99

Referee
lockyno1 said:
You think Campbell is as good as Lockyer, you are seriously deluded! Lockyer has won 3 premierships, countless Origin matches, and won test matches off his own boot! His defence is actually ok. Since he had a halfback that can defend (Perry) his defence has been good! You try playing next to Seymour! Heck I'd have no confidence in him either to make a tackle!
Campbells 2003/2004 defence was as good as the next guys. It has only been while defending on the wing it has been crap. That's more due to the fact it's usually defending against kicks also.

I don't recall saying Campbell is as good as Lockyer at all. Simply compared their defence to each other. He has been extremely unlucky not to get an Origin game. Especially considering Anasta got 2 games with no form at all this year.

Raider_69 said:
i will say this much, its a bloody sad day for australian rugby league when Adam Woolnough can pull on an aussie jumper... he is fair dinkum a neville, trys hard but sh*t, if trying was a prerequisite, Bulgarelli would be an immortal!

again, ive done enough pushing for canberra players recently but if Troy Thompson and Mick Weyman, Dane Tilse also arnt a better front rowers then Adam Woolnough, then im deadset not here.

Kiddley's been tripe untill the last 2-3 weeks
Mullen has been good, but no better then Grant Rovelli, Todd Carney or Josh Lewis imo

As yobbo said, its abit sus when players from every other team, including those who ran well behind canberra can snear a player, yet we cant. Why?

Could have been worse re Woolnough,it could have been Josh Perry!

lockyno1

Post Whore
mxlegend99 said:
I don't recall saying Campbell is as good as Lockyer at all. Simply compared their defence to each other. He has been extremely unlucky not to get an Origin game. Especially considering Anasta got 2 games with no form at all this year.

Anasta has one thing that NSW always like at 5/8- SIZE!

Sanchez

Coach
cambell is made to look worse defending on the wing. teams intentionally run at him out there and theres noone to protect him like there would be if he defended inside the center

JJ, you are a deadset fool, Tongue has nothing going for him???? How can a guy who smashed the NRL's tackling record have nothing going for him, he puts in 120% every damn game.

As for the other selections, well, what can you expect?? I knew there'd be no raiders in rep teams at the end of the year, even tonguey, the theory that unless you play in sydney or win a grandfinal is still true.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Raiders would have got Schifoscke if he wasn't going to Yawnion! He was the only chance!

mxlegend99

Referee
Timbo said:
For those dissing Tongue, here's proof that a few on the forum disagree with you:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=152981

I never expected him to get picked anyway. The Raiders are like lepers when it comes to rep selection.
That is just proof that their are a lot of Raiders supporters on this site and that when it comes to voting they skew the results.

Ben Kennedy was easily the lock of the year.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
VictorTheViking said:
As for the other selections, well, what can you expect?? I knew there'd be no raiders in rep teams at the end of the year, even tonguey, the theory that unless you play in sydney or win a grandfinal is still true.
I see Mullen and Woolnough in there, both having done nothing of the sort.

JJ

Immortal
Timbo said:
For those dissing Tongue, here's proof that a few on the forum disagree with you:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=152981

I never expected him to get picked anyway. The Raiders are like lepers when it comes to rep selection.

:lol: it's proof that there are a lot of Canberra fans in the forum - I think Canberra players got substantial votes in many categories

Tongue's pretty average really - a good first grader. I don't recall anyone arguing that Richard Swain was the world's greatest hooker when he held the tackling record...

thickos

First Grade
How many of you have actually seen Tongue play regularly this year though, besides the match when the Raiders played your side? Tongue has been a sensation. Try-scoring forward who can slot into dummy half and works his arse off around the ruck and at the fringes. BK is a great player but those of you who think Tongue is 'average' or 'lucky to be in the NRL' (my fave comment), give yourselves a triple!

mxlegend99

Referee
thickos said:
How many of you have actually seen Tongue play regularly this year though, besides the match when the Raiders played your side? Tongue has been a sensation. Try-scoring forward who can slot into dummy half and works his arse off around the ruck and at the fringes. BK is a great player but those of you who think Tongue is 'average' or 'lucky to be in the NRL' (my fave comment), give yourselves a triple!
It's kind of funny how 90% of the people praising Raiders players are Raiders supporters. Whether it be Tongue, Carney, Graham, Mogg etc.

Yes, you guys have some good players. But seem to think every player is the best in their position. Or atleast that's how you guys vote. I know many people are biased towards their own players...myself included. But Raiders supporters take it to a new level.

thickos

First Grade
I never said he was in the best in his position. And yes, the tackling record means jack all in the scheme of things. But considering some of the over-rated jokers getting a run in this PM's side, I think Tonguey has been ripped off.

The Raiders did finish 7th, a lot higher than sides getting a substantial bit of representation in this team, as well as the Kangaroo train-on squad (no Raiders are in the squad.) I would have thought one Raider would have made the cut - be in Tongue, Thompson or Phil Graham.

Latest posts