What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prince's one weakness - a case for Kerr.

Vicious

Bench
bonstonker said:
that's why we have f**king props. :roll:

and that is why we have now won 3 in a row.
before we had props working we had gibbs who was not doing his share of the hard work.3 hit ups and 8 hit ups is not nrl standard.
patto we all know his hit up talent.

now we have 3 nrl props and guess what,3 f**king wins in a row.
Our props including Payten and Gibbs will match any side in the comp.Our back row is sub-standard.It`s that simple.If you claim to be an expert,you would realise that 3 ball playing back rowers does not work,never has worked and never will work.The 3 games in a row that we have won has been against sub-standard opposition.If you have been watching you will have noticed that our centres very rarely get the ball with any space.Reason being that like every successfull club,you need atleast 2 hard running,hole hitting back rowers to either bust the line themselves or run as a decoy to create space for their outside men

Eddie.

Bench
Vicious said:
bonstonker said:
that's why we have f***ing props. :roll:

before we had props working we had gibbs who was not doing his share of the hard work.3 hit ups and 8 hit ups is not nrl standard.

now we have 3 nrl props and guess what,3 f***ing wins in a row.
.The 3 games in a row that we have won has been against sub-standard opposition.

Last one i would say. Bulldogs and Raiders had a few out, but so did we!

Anonymous

Juniors
Why the hell do the selectors need to watch Prince? Player's player in game 1 not enough I suppose. Dickheads.

bonstonker

Juniors
Vicious said:
bonstonker said:

Our props including Payten and Gibbs will match any side in the comp.Our back row is sub-standard.It`s that simple.If you claim to be an expert,you would realise that 3 ball playing back rowers does not work,never has worked and never will work.The 3 games in a row that we have won has been against sub-standard opposition.If you have been watching you will have noticed that our centres very rarely get the ball with any space.Reason being that like every successfull club,you need atleast 2 hard running,hole hitting back rowers to either bust the line themselves or run as a decoy to create space for their outside men

gibbs is not first grade standard at the moment,if you can't see that,you have real problems.it is no surprise that in our 2 biggest losses we had a prop making 7 and 3 hit ups in those matches with a combined 60m.but i suppose that is the fault of our backrow. :roll:

it is working right now,we are second to the roosters in line breaks(which are not all from kick returns),5th in points scored and 2nd in points against during the last 3 weeks.

that is f**king working.

and when we have been under pressure it has been from simple mistakes from our backs along with an inconsistent kick chase.

again,all you bring up is hard hitting ball runners,yet dismiss everything else.
you show me a backrower in our club who has been busting the line on a regular basis when in first grade,who is tackling up to buckets standard and is creating tries with perfect execution.

i think you seem to be a little mixed up about what i want.i am not saying i don't want a ball runner in the backrow(galea actually performs both ball runner and ball player),the fact is there is not a player in the club who has shown sheens that they have earned the starting role over buckets or galea.

i have said this year when graham was in first grade that our backrow was not balanced and called for someone to go.
i also said pre season and during this season that we need the mid 2003 viane coming off the bench.but until he finds that form and produces it consistently there is no place for him in the team,no matter how long i keep repeating i want him in the team.

skill,smarts and work ethic are what sheens looks for, plus the talent.

if you want a different type of player you can make that call without feeling the need to knock buckets in almost every thread.
buckets is doing the job in his role as a ball playing backrower in both attack and defence.

Vicious

Bench
bonstonker said:
Vicious said:
bonstonker said:

gibbs is not first grade standard at the moment,if you can't see that,you have real problems.it is no surprise that in our 2 biggest losses we had a prop making 7 and 3 hit ups in those matches with a combined 60m.but i suppose that is the fault of our backrow. :roll:

it is working right now,we are second to the roosters in line breaks(which are not all from kick returns),5th in points scored and 2nd in points against during the last 3 weeks.

that is f**king working.

and when we have been under pressure it has been from simple mistakes from our backs along with an inconsistent kick chase.

again,all you bring up is hard hitting ball runners,yet dismiss everything else.
you show me a backrower in our club who has been busting the line on a regular basis when in first grade,who is tackling up to buckets standard and is creating tries with perfect execution.

i think you seem to be a little mixed up about what i want.i am not saying i don't want a ball runner in the backrow(galea actually performs both ball runner and ball player),the fact is there is not a player in the club who has shown sheens that they have earned the starting role over buckets or galea.

i have said this year when graham was in first grade that our backrow was not balanced and called for someone to go.
i also said pre season and during this season that we need the mid 2003 viane coming off the bench.but until he finds that form and produces it consistently there is no place for him in the team,no matter how long i keep repeating i want him in the team.

skill,smarts and work ethic are what sheens looks for, plus the talent.

if you want a different type of player you can make that call without feeling the need to knock buckets in almost every thread.
buckets is doing the job in his role as a ball playing backrower in both attack and defence.
Fair enough.I don`t agree,but only time will tell!However I will say that Jeff Lima would be very handy in his line breaking ability as well as taking some of the heat off the props.He`s only been used sparingly and not been given a decent chance to show what he can do.I think that he along with Heighnington are off contract at seasons end.I believe they will both become very good 1st graders and it`s only lack of game time/opportunity thats holding them back!
Liam Fulton as a lock/utility,Bronson Harrison as a centre,Dean Collis as a centre/winger,Bryce Gibbs (great young prop,don`t know how you`re bagging him) and obviously Robbie Farah are the immediate others that I believe can turn us from an average team into Premiership contenders.Bob Fulton quotes in this weeks Big League "if your good enough,your old enough".

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
Vicious - bonstonker is right to bag Gibbs!

While his defence has been punishing (if not a bit close to the legal line) - the fact is in his last top grade game he made just 3 hitups for 13 metres!!!

That is clearly not first grade quality yardage!!!

He needs to go back to the lower grades and get back his running game as he has huge potential!

Vicious

Bench
Snide the Tiger said:
Vicious - bonstonker is right to bag Gibbs!

While his defence has been punishing (if not a bit close to the legal line) - the fact is in his last top grade game he made just 3 hitups for 13 metres!!!

That is clearly not first grade quality yardage!!!

He needs to go back to the lower grades and get back his running game as he has huge potential!
Unfortunately,I can`t get there tonight,but i`m eagerly awaiting to see the result of tonights Magpies Vs Sharks Premier League clash.The Sharks have a more than handy side with plenty of 1st grade experience,but if the side the Magpies have named all take the field,I reckon they will flog the Sharks or any other Premier League side for that matter!Quality players such as Liam Fulton,Dean Collis,Kieran Kerr,Luke Duffy,Nigel Plum,Gray Viane,Isaac De Gois,Bryce Gibbs are all of 1st grade standard imo.

simon says

First Grade
Thatll beef up that pack quite a bit.Awesome front row for PL with Gibbs/DeGois?Cashmere.....thats nearly a first grade front row.

Vicious

Bench
simon says said:
Thatll beef up that pack quite a bit.Awesome front row for PL with Gibbs/DeGois?Cashmere.....thats nearly a first grade front row.
Possibly could be,down the track.Collis is another that not many people mention,but on what i`ve seen of him,I reckon he has the potential to develop into the best centre in the game!

yappy

Bench
Cashy is on the bench with Sika and Parker so it's about the biggest bench of all time. One will probably miss out tonight though and play for Mittagong on the weekend. We have missed him though - just not as much as we've just plain missed tackles. :oops:

The other late mail is that Beuttner may make his return tonight. Should be interesting to see if he does. If he's fit he could really add something for us in the centres. I cant see him playing Firsts barring injuries though. Bring on the flakes

Vicious

Bench
yappy said:
Cashy is on the bench with Sika and Parker so it's about the biggest bench of all time. One will probably miss out tonight though and play for Mittagong on the weekend. We have missed him though - just not as much as we've just plain missed tackles. :oops:

The other late mail is that Beuttner may make his return tonight. Should be interesting to see if he does. If he's fit he could really add something for us in the centres. I cant see him playing Firsts barring injuries though. Bring on the flakes
I`ts great news if Micky B is back tonight.I reckon if he hasn`t lost much pace that he`d be a great addition to the Maggies tonight,but I also think if he can get get back to anywhere near his best,that he`d be a walk up start in the 1st grade centres!Also Yappy,i`d die to be at the game tonight,but i`m stuck babysitting a 3 month year old with the flu,so therefore if you don`t mind could you post a report of the two games ASAP?

yappy

Bench
the reports will be on the website but they mightn't make it till monday

Micky is a definite for the Maggies bench tonight with Kiro dropping back to Mittagong. He'll play 20mins to ease him back after his long lay off.

Vicious

Bench
yappy said:
the reports will be on the website but they mightn't make it till monday

Micky is a definite for the Maggies bench tonight with Kiro dropping back to Mittagong. He'll play 20mins to ease him back after his long lay off.
Not till Monday.How much are we payin ya!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts