What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prior Gone...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Prior will be a big loss imo. Still remember that try he set up against the Bulldogs with his tunnell ball pass. Pure class. He will kill it under a proper coach.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
In his first season he was outstanding and one of the best forwards in the team. His form slump probably coincided with the death of his brother and surely you can't blame him. That would be devastating.

KiamaSaint

Coach
One highlight in 5 years tells me it's time for Prior to move on:D

I was one to be very critical of Prior. I thought he was a non-nonsense workhorse that had too many errors in his game to perform that role effectively. He has corrected those errors and has been very good. It is a tad harsh to say he has had only one highlight.

ellskimore

Juniors
One highlight in 5 years tells me it's time for Prior to move on:D

Watch the game we beat the Rabbitohs in this year. Tell me that try assist run and offload to level up the game was not a highlight. He has been consistent this year and one of our better players. We get it, you hate the guy. But please try to demonstrate some rational thought with your argument.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Watch the game we beat the Rabbitohs in this year. Tell me that try assist run and offload to level up the game was not a highlight. He has been consistent this year and one of our better players. We get it, you hate the guy. But please try to demonstrate some rational thought with your argument.

Yes, that moment came to my mind as well.

I think Matt Prior's departure is Dragon's loss. Not a good decision. He was an asset - not properly utilised to Play to his strengths.

Think he will flourish under another Coaching Environment.

TruSaint

Referee
I think Matt Prior's departure is Dragon's loss. Not a good decision. He was an asset - not properly utilised to Play to his strengths.

Think he will flourish under another Coaching Environment.

Good call Forest.
He had errors in him, he played from centre to prop, he played many minutes, and he was not on star salaries
We all had a go at him, as we do all players, but no-one can question
his ticker

watatank

Coach
It's the salary cap doing its job and as much as I'd like to see Prior stay at the club I think the right decision was made. Prior's value was that he was cheap and under the radar. As soon as other teams get interested then you kinda lose that.

Fiery

Juniors
Matt Prior is a big loss. A decent coach will have him playing very well every week but he won't ever get selected in the centres.

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Another player stuffed around by Price. He will go well under a good coach.

hermidale1

Juniors
Didn't Wayne Bennett play him in a few positions when he coached the Dragons? If I recall, he played 2nd Row, Prop , Lock and centre. It's a shame to see him leave the Dragons.

jenninga

First Grade

My apology,a 2nd highlight.

Mate get with it,the smiley face at the end of my quote means I was kidding,Prior has had a great year and I would rather him retained than flat foot AhMau.

beecww

Juniors
Was there a problem between him and Price? I noticed he wasn't in the the post match farewell interview with Cooper, Fien and Weyman. I personally thought he was a great trier with limited ability who gave 100%

Slippery Morris

First Grade
He did well under Bennett, but so did Soward, Prior, Rein, Creagh, and every other player that has gone downhill since the muppet took over.

Fiery

Juniors
Rein had his best year under Price

Rein's best year was last year but this year every team got used to his trick (dummy) and like the rest of the team, was quite poor. I believe a real coach will make C. King the No.1 hooker next year and depending on how Garvey comes along, Rein may have trouble getting a run in the NRL.

Latest posts