What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Promoting the World Cup

teamGB

Juniors
i am a uk based league fan and will be happy to help promote the world cup. do any of you guys use something like myspace of facebook?? jus a thought about making a page on them promoting the tournament.

ali

Bench
Yeah, myspace is massive in Aus. Good idea, I think it could be a winner.

teamGB

Juniors
cool. well, im willing to do a page on facebook promoting the rlwc, but i am not a big user of myspace. does anyone else want to do that one??

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Just an update on getting world cup coverage in the media, etc. I catch the train home and the MX paper handed out free is very popular, especially when you see school kids reading a paper for the first time!

Anyway, I noticed none of the WC qualifying games made the sports but the sport section actually has "Something to add?", so I emailed a link (around 9:30am) to a report on the Samoa v Lebanon game, and low & behold it appeared that afternoon. I thought it too coincidental a story finally appeared. It may only be small but the readership of the MX among workers & school kids is quite a large & captive audience.

I shall continue to email links to international results in 2008 as they appear.

Heritage XIII said:
Just an update on getting world cup coverage in the media, etc. I catch the train home and the MX paper handed out free is very popular, especially when you see school kids reading a paper for the first time!

Anyway, I noticed none of the WC qualifying games made the sports but the sport section actually has "Something to add?", so I emailed a link (around 9:30am) to a report on the Samoa v Lebanon game, and low & behold it appeared that afternoon. I thought it too coincidental a story finally appeared. It may only be small but the readership of the MX among workers & school kids is quite a large & captive audience.

I shall continue to email links to international results in 2008 as they appear.

Great option.

MX is an awesome resource for us to use. I read it everyday

ali

Bench
Heritage XIII said:

Great work. I used to send a few things to MX when I was in Sydney. I think MX is very important, as a fair portion of the ciy workers read it on the way home every night. I've also noticed since being in London that the free papers are abolutely dominating the market here. I think in general the concept is dominated by lazy journos. So anything you can send them will help.

Coastbloke

Bench
I think MX is also a perfect vehicle to place the same print ad as th RLIF placed in the Tele when WC tix were launched...

Not only is it a free papers that most CBD workers accept, they also leave it on the train where others pick it up. This paper ends up in places like the South Coast (WIN Stadium matches) Central Coast and Newcastle (Bluetongue and EAS matches) and the Blue Mountains...

Latest posts