What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proposed Knights Forum 7's Squad For 2005

astrogirl

First Grade
I'm struggling to find an example of Matt's work :?

If you read this - when did you last play Matt?

antonius

Coach
I think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves here. The thread is for interested people to put down their name as intending players, nothing more than that, I would hate to see anyone keen to play put off, or intimidated by some of the remarks being made. I agree SJ it's nice to win, but it's good to participate as well, I had no idea about the game when I started playing in that comp, and my first article was abysmal, (some would say "so were all the others I wrote" :lol: :lol: ) but once people get the hang of whats required I'm sure most here would be competative with the current crop of players involved with the comp that is presently in progress. The idea of having a few dummy runs amongst ourselves is a good one, and then there's the trials that Willow has already said they will be running in the next month or so. I just don't want to see people put off by a "must win" mentality. The thread was put up because a lot of people were showing interest in it, and wanted to have a go, so keep the names coming people, the finer points of how the team is operated can be sorted after we have enough players registered. I am more than happy to have Oswin remain as captain, but again that's not up to me, and is something that can be voted on after we get some player numbers. Astro "Please stick with it"

astrogirl

First Grade
antonius said:
Astro "Please stick with it"
Nah, I won't reconsider at the moment.

I do want to be clear that I'm not so much wimping out, as I am making a decision based on the amount of time it appears would be required. Also I wouldn't say I am dead keen to play.

Anyone who is dead keen should pipe up. I'm sure there are some Knights newbies who could give SJ and other more seasoned Knights writers a run for their money - which I suspect they would like, given you'd be on the same team!

Sportsjock

Juniors
astrogirl said:
I'm sure there are some Knights newbies who could give SJ and other more seasoned Knights writers a run for their money - which I suspect they would like, given you'd be on the same team!

Hell yes, its a TEAM game and I hope if I score an 8 every week, that everyone else in the team scores 9!

Doctor

Bench
Just as Antonius said, let's not rush things too much. There needs to be sufficient build-up time, but surely it need not start just yet. Perhaps some try-outs/trials every now and then until September/October -- I'm not getting carried away too soon.

Meanwhile, Oswin is heading off on leave from the forum for a while. 8)

antonius

Coach
Well with Astro deciding not to play that leaves us with 11 players 3 of those are "maybe's", we need at least 7 more definates before we would be considered a viable team, so keep the names coming in.

Iddylion

Juniors
While half of me wants to play with this team, the Panthers (especially Big Mick) have been terribly loyal to me, so I'm going to have to return the favour. I hope that the team makes it off the ground though, and best of luck.

Iddy.

antonius

Coach
Looks like this has once again stalled at 8 definates, which is nowhere near enough to get a start in the comp. So at this stage I'm going to withdraw and stick at being one of the refs (They have to be non-playing) I don't want to give away reffing if there isn't going to be a team.

les norton

First Grade
were not looking to flash, are we? I guess we will just have to keep pushing it sporadically through out the year and hopefully get the numbers up.

roopy

Referee
What about a small contest just between us to see if people like it.

We all do a 500 or 750 word article - knights related - and get them judged - winner gets forum bragging rights till we have another.

antonius

Coach
roopy said:
What about a small contest just between us to see if people like it.

We all do a 500 or 750 word article - knights related - and get them judged - winner gets forum bragging rights till we have another.
Sounds a good idea, I can either ref it, or I do have a few articles written up from a previous comp hat I didn't use, probably be better if we limited it to new players, I'll ref it if you want?

IanG

Coach
antonius said:
Sounds a good idea, I can either ref it, or I do have a few articles written up from a previous comp hat I didn't use, probably be better if we limited it to new players, I'll ref it if you want?

So when will this go down? When should we do it by?

Latest posts