What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proposed Knights Forum 7's Squad For 2005

antonius

Coach
In response (Again) to the interest being shown in this competition, and after talking with Oswin, it's been proposed that we put up a thread asking for interested posters to register in here to play in the 2005 comp.
I have made enquiries with Willow (it's his baby, and in fact I believe is how these forums came about) about the posibility of getting a few practice games during this season for those who are keen to give the thing a go. He replied that he was eager to see the competition expand next season and would welcome a Knights team. We would have to show between now and then that we'd be viable (ie:- have enough players to fill a team each round of the comp) So I have to stress don't say you'll play if you think you'll drop out, if we can get 15 players it spreads the load out a bit and you wouldn't have to have an article every game. He also said that it is the intention to run a bit of a knock out comp later this year for intending teams/players to give them an idea how it operates and to see if you really want to play. So everyone here's your chance, Oswin would make an ideal captain/organiser for the team so at my suggestion he has agreed to the role, all that remains is to get 15 players, so if you are really keen to give it a go please feel free in this thread. If you have any queries Rules/ etc either pm myself, or Oswin, or check the 7's forums (there are four of them, Teams, Games, General, and management) the rules are in a thread there, and you can check the games in progress to get a gist of it. I would like to play if we can get enough.

les norton

First Grade
I'd be interested Tony. I've been reading them quite often lately and may i say i am impressed and just slightly intimidated....i'd be willing but cant promise it will win a booker prize ( come to think of it I cant even remember if thats the prize giving to writing :| :oops: )

Misanthrope

Staff member
As I've said, I'll think about it more seriously when and if the side is made a reality for next season.

Misanthrope

Staff member
i'd be willing but cant promise it will win a booker prize ( come to think of it I cant even remember if thats the prize giving to writing
There's the Pullitzer Prize for journalism....

antonius

Coach
I'll make a list in this post and update it as we get the names.

1. Oswin (capt)

2. antonius

3. Keeney (maybe)

4. Gooba

5. Les Norton

6. Chriswalkerbush (if we get a viable team)

7. Roopy

8. KnightSmurf

9. Matt 23

10. Sportsjock (50/50)

11. IanG

roopy

Referee
I played for three comps with the Newtown side - I averaged around 8/10.

I dropped out because I found I had completely run out of ideas, but I should be right for a new comp now, having had enough time to have a few more original thoughts :lol: .

Doctor

Bench
antonius said:
If you have any queries Rules/ etc either pm myself, or Oswin, or check the 7's forums

I don't know about PM'ing me about rules. Anyone is welcome to fire off a PM anytime, but I can't guarentee I'll know the answer. :roll:

Anyway, it seems the team is starting to take shape. As I said to Tony, it is important that we build up to the competition with some practice matches. There are probably other club forums willing to put a team together for a trial-style match.

We may well decide we're a) no good at it, b) not particularly keen on it, or c) Unwilling to make that commitment as regularly as what is required.

All these answers are perfectly acceptable -- provided people are aware of their own responses prior to the competition's commencement next year. It's a long time away, but why not play a few trials in the meantime?

I'm fairly sure there are sufficient numbers from within this forum to make a fairly solid side.

keeney

First Grade
chriswalkerbush said:
i'd be willing but cant promise it will win a booker prize ( come to think of it I cant even remember if thats the prize giving to writing
There's the Pullitzer Prize for journalism....

booker prize is right

Doctor

Bench
Latest core squad:

1. Oswin (capt)

2. antonius

3. Keeney (maybe)

4. Gooba

5. Les Norton

6. Chriswalkerbush (if we get a viable team)

7. Roopy

8. KnightSmurf (our very own Richard Swain - maximum availability)

Matt23

Staff member
If there's a team next season, count me in, once my commitments with the Rhino's are over

antonius

Coach
Oswin said:
antonius said:
If you have any queries Rules/ etc either pm myself, or Oswin, or check the 7's forums

I don't know about PM'ing me about rules. Anyone is welcome to fire off a PM anytime, but I can't guarentee I'll know the answer. :roll:

Anyway, it seems the team is starting to take shape. As I said to Tony, it is important that we build up to the competition with some practice matches. There are probably other club forums willing to put a team together for a trial-style match.

There is a thread in the Forum 7's general forum that has all the rules of the game, so you guys can check that out. As for the trial games thing Sam, willow has said they intend to have a knock-out comp for fringe teams in the next month or so, that will be the perfect oppotunity to give people a run at it.

astrogirl

First Grade
I'm not the best writer nor am I terribly knowledgeable about the game compared to many others (no, I'm not beating myself up, just being honest :D ), but I'm happy to play from the bench - i.e. play in weeks when we are short on numbers.

Sportsjock

Juniors
Im seriously unsure...

50/50 - think about it and get back to you guys.

They were certainly fun times werent they Tony? Albeit contreversial :lol:

antonius

Coach
Sportsjock said:
Im seriously unsure...

50/50 - think about it and get back to you guys.

They were certainly fun times werent they Tony? Albeit contreversial :lol:
Your right there SJ, but hey it was fun, and we won our share of games. I'll put you down as a matbe, and when the time gets closer you can decide, we will end up having to cut it down to 15 anyway.