What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJShaksta

First Grade
@SteveHartFOX: I ask NRL boss Dave Smith when he will he make a final decision on suspended Sharks coach Shane Flanagan up soon on @FOXSportsNews ch513

No answer yet.

55 weeks and still nothing.

Seinfeld was the show about nothing, ASADA is doing the investigation about nothing, the way it is going it could run as long as Seinfeld

Quigs

Immortal
Might of just read that 10 Essendon players are in deep poo to-morrow. Just the messenger here so dont shoot me.

Essendon has called a crisis meeting of 10 senior players warning them that they would be named publicly for having taken potentially banned ElephantJuice.
Furious that confidentiality agreements had been broken and devastated their players would be subjected to further scrutiny, Bombers staff were also contacting four former Essendon players who told investigators they believed they had taken the ElephantJuice.
The players told ASADA and AFL investigators last year they believed they had been injected with Thymosin, AOD-9604 or both.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ice-inquiry-20140301-33szw.html#ixzz2uhr2bu24

fizzgig

Juniors
Did I read in the previously closed thread that Bourbon Bec was saying that coaches and such were in the empty corporate box last weekend discussing/advising Flano about his son's (and other Shark's players) efforts? I wouldn't click the Tele link so have to guess her assummptions

Doesn't that contradict her Sports Editor the one and only Mr Rothfield who said he'd sat with Flano the whole time and there was nothing untoward except for a fly-by visit from Gal to check on Flano's well being?

Isn't the sports editor meant to make sure this sort of contradiction is not to be printed? Which of these highly respected journalists are we meant to believe?

The Popper

Bench
The missus, who has little interest in football, said to me this morning (verbatim): "I read Rebecca Wilson's column this morning. Gee, she must hate Cronulla. It's just awful."
There ya go folks. A point of view from an uninterested party.

Blues Riff

Bench
Either Bec's invented an elaborate story OR Slothfield's got his head up his arse.
I choose the latter.
I wish the Sharks well in all this. You've done your time already.
If the Essendon case is anything to go by, it could get uglier.
Good Luck.

Card Shark

Immortal
Might of just read that 10 Essendon players are in deep poo to-morrow. Just the messenger here so dont shoot me.

Essendon has called a crisis meeting of 10 senior players warning them that they would be named publicly for having taken potentially banned ElephantJuice.
Furious that confidentiality agreements had been broken and devastated their players would be subjected to further scrutiny, Bombers staff were also contacting four former Essendon players who told investigators they believed they had taken the ElephantJuice.
The players told ASADA and AFL investigators last year they believed they had been injected with Thymosin, AOD-9604 or both.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ice-inquiry-20140301-33szw.html#ixzz2uhr2bu24

Boo-f**king-hoo!!!

Poor AFL players might be named. What about the Sharks players that have been named from day 1 just about.

Protected species those pussies!

Spot On

Coach

Didn't Jobe Watson already out himself on TV last season??????

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Just reward for picking up the witches hats and cutting up the oranges for six years?

What irks Stephen Dank the most out of the supplements scandal is the fear that he will never again be involved with a rugby league or AFL team in Australia - even though he privately hopes that won't be the case.
Doing a lap of honour with Manly after the Sea Eagles won the premiership is one of his greatest days.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/stephen-dank-finds-new-path-in-sport-20140301-33snt.html#ixzz2ukwDqkPQ

Card Shark

Immortal
SMH also reporting that Darren Hibbert has received 9 infringement notices from ASADA for failing to comply with an interview request.

Yet they haven't seriously tried to interview Dank.....weird !

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Id love for someone to dig up footage of Danks doing the lap of honour with his Manly teammates (he was part of the team for six year afterall) slapping each other on the back for a job well done.

Did the gazzelle get a run?

Card Shark

Immortal
Id love for someone to dig up footage of Danks doing the lap of honour with his Manly teammates (he was part of the team for six year afterall) slapping each other on the back for a job well done.

Did the gazzelle get a run?

Sometime in that 6 years, dank & Hibbert became associates. Hope the Gazelle was lucky enough to experience a GF victory with Des (the untouchable) & the Many boys.

webShark

Did I read in the previously closed thread that Bourbon Bec was saying that coaches and such were in the empty corporate box last weekend discussing/advising Flano about his son's (and other Shark's players) efforts? I wouldn't click the Tele link so have to guess her assummptions

Doesn't that contradict her Sports Editor the one and only Mr Rothfield who said he'd sat with Flano the whole time and there was nothing untoward except for a fly-by visit from Gal to check on Flano's well being?

Isn't the sports editor meant to make sure this sort of contradiction is not to be printed? Which of these highly respected journalists are we meant to believe?

Does it matter? He was either in the box or he wasn't. Couldn't care if he was surrounded by computers or empty. Only matters if empty box makes him innocent of indirect contact. No-one can seriously believe he isn't guilty irrespective of DUI's bias.

If he is found guilty of breaking his ban restrictions will we appeal that at 6k a day and lose more time and money?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I reckon that as we speak there is a bunker under brookvale where they are furiously trawling through any known footage of that infamous 'lap of honour' scissors at the ready.

Wouldnt it be great to see it on you tube?

fizzgig

Juniors
Does it matter? He was either in the box or he wasn't. Couldn't care if he was surrounded by computers or empty. Only matters if empty box makes him innocent of indirect contact. No-one can seriously believe he isn't guilty irrespective of DUI's bias.

If he is found guilty of breaking his ban restrictions will we appeal that at 6k a day and lose more time and money?

Haha, I'd had a few when writing this.

My point wasn't about what happened in the box it was trying to ask the question why two "reporters" from the same paper could print such contradictory stories a week apart especially since one of them essentially put his "reputation" on the line saying he was in the box and there was nothing in it.

You don't think Phil should be tapping Bec on the shoulder and asking WTF? (just grossed myself out thinking of either of them tapping/being tapped on the shoulder)

Card Shark

Immortal
Goes to show, no need to tell the truth if you report at the telegraph.

They are used to making shit up - 1 of them is fibbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts