What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Wish they were all on the 'tides now. Might help with the injury crisis. Funny how we've had so many injuries since 2011 huh?

RUBIKS

Juniors
Wish they were all on the 'tides now. Might help with the injury crisis. Funny how we've had so many injuries since 2011 huh?

Yeah, or since David Boyle came on the scene? Had a pretty bad reputation in his past two roles for busting up the players.

shaggs

Coach
I still reckon they were the wrong tides for rehab. Especially in the doses and methods reported in the papers. The BT4 has had some good results, but it's an everyday usage. As is ghrp and cjc.

They would be better off following the lead of super league clubs and running low dose growth. Enough to repair cells, but bot enough to cause acromegaly like symptoms.

Is be looking more at roger fabri for the injury issues.

ek999

First Grade

Essendon in 2012 started the year really well and then got a heap of soft tissue injuries that killed their season. There has to be a link between the peptide use and the injuries because no other team in either code were getting those sorts of inuries. I'm not sure Dank ever really knew what he was doing.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Pretty funny. The article fails to mention us! Someone in the last day or so enquired how long Dank was with Manly. Roy Masters ( I have posted the link before) said in an article it was six years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Dank
Stephen Dank is an Australian biochemist who worked as a sports scientist with National Rugby League clubs such as the Manly Sea Eagles and Australian rules football clubs such as Essendon.

He is known for his unorthodox treatment and diagnostic methods, including using calf blood and profiling players DNA.[1] Des Hasler described Dank as 'a great analytical thinker', in particular highlighting his contributions in the area of GPS application, statistical science, and altitude simulation training.[2]

In February 2013, Essendon announced that had asked the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) to investigating the supplements program that Dank had overseen during 2012 season. A former player, Kyle Reimers, had claimed that the players were asked to sign waivers and were injected with supplements that were "pushing the boundaries".[3] Another former player, Mark McVeigh countered that the injections were only vitamins and all were completely legal and not on any World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) banned substance list. Dank left Essendon at the end of the 2012 season, and high-performance manager Dean 'The Weapon' Robinson was suspended from the club after the announcement of the investigation.[4]

Following the publication of the Australian Crime Commission report into Organised Crime and Drugs in Sport,[5] lawyers acting for Dank launched a $10m defamation suit alleging that various media outlets had falsely accused him of providing illegal drugs to elite athletes.[6] [7] [8]

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah, or since David Boyle came on the scene? Had a pretty bad reputation in his past two roles for busting up the players.

I still reckon they were the wrong tides for rehab. Especially in the doses and methods reported in the papers. The BT4 has had some good results, but it's an everyday usage. As is ghrp and cjc.

They would be better off following the lead of super league clubs and running low dose growth. Enough to repair cells, but bot enough to cause acromegaly like symptoms.

Is be looking more at roger fabri for the injury issues.

Essendon in 2012 started the year really well and then got a heap of soft tissue injuries that killed their season. There has to be a link between the peptide use and the injuries because no other team in either code were getting those sorts of inuries. I'm not sure Dank ever really knew what he was doing.

Was more inferring to the alleged recovery aspect of the tides.

I'd been wondering how long Workcover would take before they became involved.
Even though it's been big news for so long, unless they see a discrepancy with their own eyes, a problem needs to be reported to them. I think that's how it works, please correct me if I am wrong.
Once they are in they go over all aspects of OH&S.

carcharias

Immortal
I'll ask my mate.
He works for them.

not good though as he does not support the sharks.
Complete opposite.

CEO

Juniors
Are footballers employees under WorkCover's definition? That would mean that Alex McKinnon would get workers comp for his injury. Which is not going to happen.

TBH - I don't know if WorkCover would have any power to prosecute.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Are footballers employees under WorkCover's definition? That would mean that Alex McKinnon would get workers comp for his injury. Which is not going to happen.

TBH - I don't know if WorkCover would have any power to prosecute.

Footy players can't get compo because they fully paid if contracted. Can't have both.

Week 66 and good ole ASADA have nothing.

How many more months of this to we need to go through, i am guessing it will heat up soon Budget problems from Tuesday night mean the good ole Sharks will be thrown into the limelight yet again.

End it ASADA you have nothing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.