What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluey

Bench
If it happens the best wont get the job because of $$$$, i will get shot for this maybe a tayor/Sheens on low dough---- Henry/Stone would want to much i would say

carcharias

Immortal
did sheens coach that aussie side to play like that in the final?

I think Fifita and sheens are probably cool with each other after he played him in that side...just saying.

Card Shark

Immortal
did sheens coach that aussie side to play like that in the final?

I think Fifita and sheens are probably cool with each other after he played him in that side...just saying.

Maybe?

A lot of ex-tigers in the team. I'm sure they left there for a reason, not just the $.

DJShaksta

First Grade
I would hope all the players, along with the senior playing group would be included in any talk of replacement coaches if the need arises.

Surely

Post Whore
Interesting to see all the inducements offered to hird by public servant to drop legal action.

Surely

Post Whore
The AFL tried to induce Essendon and James Hird to accept ElephantJuice scandal penalties days before the AFL Commission hearing, according to a News Corp report.

Documents and an email, obtained by News Corp, reportedly show deals were struck between government sports official John Wylie and the football club before the August 26 hearing in the wake of the Bombers supplements scandal.

Australian Sports Commission chairman Wylie had been engaged by AFL chairman Mike Fitzpatrick and Essendon chairman Paul Little as an arbitrator in the negotiations that led to eventual sanctions imposed against Essendon.

Hird was allegedly offered the opportunity for career development if he dropped legal action against the AFL, the report claims.

Look back on the timeline of events that led to Essendon's punishment over the supplements scandal
On August 23, Wylie allegedly sent an email to Little suggesting a 12-month suspension for Hird from all coaching duties.

"To the best of the AFL's knowledge and belief, Hird did not promote or encourage an unethical environment within the club; Hird has not brought the game into disrepute," Wylie reportedly said in the email.

He said Hird was to take responsibility for "inadequate governance and oversight" that gave rise to the situation.

"In the totality of the circumstances, the AFL will impose, and Hird will accept, a 12-month suspension from all coaching duties."

In a separate document given to Hird, during talks with Wylie and Little, he is offered "an outstanding career development opportunity" if he drops legal action against the AFL.

News Corp reported that Hird was offered overseas study, full pay during his suspension and a guarantee he would keep his place in the AFL Hall of Fame.

However AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou denied any deal was done with Essendon and said no inducements were on the table. .

"If there's one thing I will go to my grave on, I know 100 per cent the AFL's not paying," Demetriou told Fairfax Media.

"And I know that Essendon's not paying. I have no knowledge of what Essendon's earning externally."

Earlier, an AFL spokesman said the discussions were "in the best interests of the game" and "were always appropriate".

Following his acceptance of a 12-month ban, Hird told reporters he was "deeply sorry" for what had happened at the club in 2012.

He said he had accepted the ban for the good of the game and of the Essendon football club.

Hird said he not broken any rules but accepted responsibility for the club's supplements program.

Essendon was ultimately fined $2 million and missed the AFL finals as punishment.

The Bombers admitted to failing in their duty of care towards players in delivering an "experimental, inappropriate, and inadequately vetted" supplements program.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-04/afl-tried-to-induce-hird-bombers-report/5133040

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tbh the best coach not at a club is Steve Folkes.

He'd come cheap too. Sheens is like Brian Smith, you bring him to clean the shit out & right the ship. Once he's done that, f**k him off, because he then turns into a cancer

Vin Fizz

Bench
Tbh the best coach not at a club is Steve Folkes.

He'd come cheap too. Sheens is like Brian Smith, you bring him to clean the shit out & right the ship. Once he's done that, f**k him off, because he then turns into a cancer
Mad, that one comes with baggage (relation wise) and cuts too close to the bone for me.

Poss

Juniors
Shane Flanagan shrugs off supplements rumours

December 8, 2013
Danny Wielder

The hunt for Shane Flanagan's head has intensified in the past 10 days as attempts have been made to liken his role to that of James Hird at Essendon. The rumours are so intense this column has been told - as fact - that Flanagan has been informed he will be banned for a year for his role in the supplements scandal.
It came after rumours he had been into the NRL and told he was being sidelined because he did not fulfil his ''duty of care'' as head coach. The truth is that Flanagan did the opposite. ''As soon as I was made aware there were concerns around the Stephen Dank involvement, I ordered that things stopped there and then,'' he said. ''I don't see how I didn't do my duty. And I have not been through another round of anything, nor have the staff.'' Flanagan does not seem concerned by the rumours . He is upbeat and looking forward to next season and is optimistic it cannot be anywhere near as difficult as the one just passed. As for likening his situation to Hird and the suggestion he should be hit with the same 12 months stick as the Essendon coach, that is almost laughable. For a start, even if Flanagan was fudging, there is the fact that the Dank era lasted 11 weeks. At Essendon it was 12 months.
And there was high-level wheeling and dealing to make sure Hird, an icon of the club, retained his legendary standing. Revelations the Australian Sports Commission was up to its eyeballs trying to smooth the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority drama out for Hird and Essendon are confirmation that the NRL's heavy hitters do not have anywhere near the pull of their AFL counterparts. And it appears to be a good thing. Quotes attributed to John Wylie, the Australian Sports Commission boss, show that being part of the boys club can be a dangerous thing. The settlement terms being discussed for Hird between Essendon chairman Paul Little and Wylie include the suggestion from Wylie: ''It is acknowledged by the AFL that, to the best of the AFL's knowledge and belief, Hird did not promote or encourage an unethical environment within the club.'' Now, that is where we really have to question if Wylie has a clue about what Hird did while he was head coach.
We must assume he had no idea. He might want to get his hands on the pages of text messages between Dank and Hird. Hird was up to his eyeballs in the supplement program. Dank outlined the supplements he used on the players and the injection schedule and Hird received regular updates from Dank. When a player was missing from a list of those being injected, Hird would ask, ''Any chance of talking ---- into coming?'', referring to a well-known player and questioning why he was not in the group seeing Dank for injections. Hird also asked why the players were getting injuries while on the program. He knew every single detail. To fob it off in the way Wylie was hoping is nothing short of laughable

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/shane-f...nts-rumours-20131207-2yxzl.html#ixzz2mvfogeiS

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mad, that one comes with baggage (relation wise) and cuts too close to the bone for me.

are you talking personally, or about the club itself?

As far as being a coach goes, he's top of the tree in my books.

Not bad for a Weidler report. Very Relevant comparison with the AFL farce,I reckon

Yesterday i was going through Saturdays Brisbane courier mail for clearance auctions and happened on an article by Wilson ,Hooper and massoud. Apparently Gallens legal council worked for Davidiot Hicks, the former gitmo resident . " So what?" in my book.

These three went on like it was criminal association . Gutter journalism ? Nah!! Those three are all the way down in the sewer.They can only dream of reaching the giddy heights of gutter journalism.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.