What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Danny is still a grub in my eyes and is no better than those other 3 cronies. They can all still get fugged afaic.
Regarding the Flanno/Hird connection, they are totally different situations and in no way should bear the same penalties. I think Flanno has already done his time anyway. Time to move on and get on with 2014. The nrl would have to be geniuss to keep this thing alive any longer then it has been...

Card Shark

Immortal
The nrl would have to be geniuss to keep this thing alive any longer then it has been...

It is still alive & it doesn't look any closer to a conclusion, 1 way or the other.

I really don't know when it's gunna end & I'm not sure that the NRL do either.

Quigs

Immortal
34 players - how many clubs involved.

I've given up even bothering about it right now.

Weaponhead

Coach
The AFL behind the scenes stuff is instructive here. All scandals need a face. They realised that and tried to negotiate one so the AFL could be seen to have dealt with it and people will move on. The NRL one is dragging out but there will need to be a face. Earl was the face for a while but the Sharks have been associated with this all along and it won't go away until someone goes down.

Ideally, that would be Elkin and one or two other staff members not at the club. Unfortunately, I doubt that will be enough and someone with profile is going have to cop it. Either way it will hurt our club.

Shane Flanagan shrugs off supplements rumours

December 8, 2013
Danny Wielder

The hunt for Shane Flanagan's head has intensified in the past 10 days as attempts have been made to liken his role to that of James Hird at Essendon. The rumours are so intense this column has been told - as fact - that Flanagan has been informed he will be banned for a year for his role in the supplements scandal.
It came after rumours he had been into the NRL and told he was being sidelined because he did not fulfil his ''duty of care'' as head coach. The truth is that Flanagan did the opposite. ''As soon as I was made aware there were concerns around the Stephen Dank involvement, I ordered that things stopped there and then,'' he said. ''I don't see how I didn't do my duty. And I have not been through another round of anything, nor have the staff.'' Flanagan does not seem concerned by the rumours . He is upbeat and looking forward to next season and is optimistic it cannot be anywhere near as difficult as the one just passed. As for likening his situation to Hird and the suggestion he should be hit with the same 12 months stick as the Essendon coach, that is almost laughable. For a start, even if Flanagan was fudging, there is the fact that the Dank era lasted 11 weeks. At Essendon it was 12 months.
And there was high-level wheeling and dealing to make sure Hird, an icon of the club, retained his legendary standing. Revelations the Australian Sports Commission was up to its eyeballs trying to smooth the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority drama out for Hird and Essendon are confirmation that the NRL's heavy hitters do not have anywhere near the pull of their AFL counterparts. And it appears to be a good thing. Quotes attributed to John Wylie, the Australian Sports Commission boss, show that being part of the boys club can be a dangerous thing. The settlement terms being discussed for Hird between Essendon chairman Paul Little and Wylie include the suggestion from Wylie: ''It is acknowledged by the AFL that, to the best of the AFL's knowledge and belief, Hird did not promote or encourage an unethical environment within the club.'' Now, that is where we really have to question if Wylie has a clue about what Hird did while he was head coach.
We must assume he had no idea. He might want to get his hands on the pages of text messages between Dank and Hird. Hird was up to his eyeballs in the supplement program. Dank outlined the supplements he used on the players and the injection schedule and Hird received regular updates from Dank. When a player was missing from a list of those being injected, Hird would ask, ''Any chance of talking ---- into coming?'', referring to a well-known player and questioning why he was not in the group seeing Dank for injections. Hird also asked why the players were getting injuries while on the program. He knew every single detail. To fob it off in the way Wylie was hoping is nothing short of laughable

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/shane-f...nts-rumours-20131207-2yxzl.html#ixzz2mvfogeiS

Unusually good article by one of the games biggest wankers. The Essendon & Sharks issues might be being investigate by the same body, and have one common link (ie Danks), but they are, and should be treated as two totally different situations.

Hird has gotten off extremely lightly given the information that has been reported (and the associated whispers).

I tend to think Flanno would be harshly dealt with getting 12 months. The trouble is that this investigation has gone on for so long, and there are so many mistruths and speculation out there, its hard to remember what actually happened. Did Flanno inform the board of his suspicions, or did he just sack Danks?

Bye bye Flano.

He's gone.

The choice of replacement should set pulses a racin' on here.

Jessica Biel is going to coach the Sharks? I might make it to the Eels/Sharks game down in the Shire for once.

And can Flanno still do free odd-jobs around the club if suspended, or would his ban restrict his tiling efforts?

newman

First Grade
Brett Kimmorley is a fantastic replacement.

I would rather him than Sheens.

I don't like him. He's unproven and lacks the social skills of Flano who held the group together. Chris Anderson will be all over the joint too.

cb4

First Grade
I watch the guy on fox alot and his reading of the game and tactical analysis is spot on.

Unproven maybe, but I am willing to back him over Sheens.

And besides, if there is anything he can teach the one dimensional Robson, it's kick chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.