What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quigs

Immortal
I'm more for the basic violent overthrow.

Every adult male under the age of 40 to take up arms and smash the heathens - including all the Tories.

Those over the age of 40 will man the homefronts and keep the women of the tribe safe and secure.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Wouldnt it be great if the head of ASADA, Andruska was well aware of the labor games they were playing & has set them upfor a slam dunk all along? Wouldnt it be great if she is aligned with the Libs & been feeding the low life Laborites incorrect information who have then passed it onto the press.

carcharias

Immortal
2sm just opened talkin sport off with a complete bagging of the investigation.

Papsworth reckons they'll go with " insufficient evidence" .

Ausguy

Coach
Wouldnt it be great if the head of ASADA, Andruska was well aware of the labor games they were playing & has set them upfor a slam dunk all along? Wouldnt it be great if she is aligned with the Libs & been feeding the low life Laborites incorrect information who have then passed it onto the press.

That would be wonderful.

Eion

First Grade

On hearing her speak, unfortunately I think you give her too much credit there.

snoozer

Bench
question without notice..

if asada have nothing and therefore no-one gets banned, what then happens to us(flanno susp and club fined etc).

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
2sm just opened talkin sport off with a complete bagging of the investigation.

Papsworth reckons they'll go with " insufficient evidence" .

Its all circumstantial. Worst case scenario is 6 month bans, back dated to the time of the interviews last August. Youse are in the clear.

Andruska is a political animal and is playing it as such.

ASADA have been the pawn in a filthy game of politics. Totally under resourced and hung out to dry. My mate, who is very well placed to comment on such things, told me this was how it would play out, outcome wise, the day Lundy got her 15 minutes.

Good luck to ya's.

husky65

Juniors
Obviously I'm no lawyer, but when you need to "review the findings" before deciding if you will prosecute, your case is, at best, on very shaky ground - if you have good evidence you could simply say we are reviewing 22 cases at the moment, but we are moving ahead with 8 cases at this point, those cases are players A, B, C etc.

re the could players/Sharks sue, again no lawyer, but ask Craig Thompson, that paragon of ALP virtue, how wise it is to go around suing people for defamation...

Card Shark

Immortal
Its all circumstantial. Worst case scenario is 6 month bans, back dated to the time of the interviews last August. Youse are in the clear.

ASADA have been the pawn in a filthy game of politics. Totally under resourced and hung out to dry. My mate, who is very well placed to comment on such things, told me this was how it would play out, outcome wise, the day Lundy got her 15 minutes.

Good luck to ya's.

Haha Ronnie. You said we was gorrrne.

Thanks anyway mate - ya not bad for a dragqueen supporter.

Ausguy

Coach
Obviously I'm no lawyer, but when you need to "review the findings" before deciding if you will prosecute, your case is, at best, on very shaky ground - if you have good evidence you could simply say we are reviewing 22 cases at the moment, but we are moving ahead with 8 cases at this point, those cases are players A, B, C etc.

re the could players/Sharks sue, again no lawyer, but ask Craig Thompson, that paragon of ALP virtue, how wise it is to go around suing people for defamation...

Its not that they are reviewing as a group.... the ex judge is reviewing it as per the govt request

Card Shark

Immortal
So, can someone (smarter than me .. if possible ) please answer this question.
Does the Club and coach and all those people involved have a case for defamation should this ASADA stuff come to nothing.

Getting back to this question, if we were entitled to compensation, how much have we spent defending ourselves, how much have we lost in sponsorship & how much has our reputation been tarnished, to limit future sponsorship opportunities / ticket sales etc

Guessing:
$500,000 + $2,000,000 + $1,500,000 = $4 Million. Is that close to the mark ?

Not saying we can, will or should go for it but geez, it adds up.

husky65

Juniors
Its not that they are reviewing as a group.... the ex judge is reviewing it as per the govt request

My understanding is that the Judge is reviewing it seperately, but ASADA has completed their investigation and are now reviewing the cases to decide if they will pursue anything. If they had anything credible, they could charge now.

DJShaksta

First Grade
My understanding is that the Judge is reviewing it seperately, but ASADA has completed their investigation and are now reviewing the cases to decide if they will pursue anything. If they had anything credible, they could charge now.

Don't forget as per statement 7th Feb 2013, we'd be surprised at how they already know!!!

webShark

It's looking good for no charges. Remarkable as we didn't deny anything. Next Essendon will ask for their fine back. We can carry on as if nothing happened. It's not like we had a gun side or sponsors anyway.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Post Whore

Good luck to ya's.

Clayton's bans. LOL

Im down with that because that means there will be sanctions and THE MESSIAH !!! will have to fugg off and we lose no players for the year.

Win, win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts