What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foz

Bench
Are these player interviews secret?(confidential at least)
If so how does channel 7 know where and when they are as they showed footage of Stapo going in for his interview today?
And Wade for that matter when he went for his interview a while back.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
If so how does channel 7 know where and when they are as they showed footage of Stapo going in for his interview today?

Wade is a bit different as I don't think they made the meeting details confidential. As far as the rest go, they should all be in an unknown place, with an unknown day.

Great that they are underway again though.

Frenzy.

Post Whore

They're journos. They can easily just follow or get a PI to follow someone from their house, training or wherever.

I wouldn't put it past them at all.

That's exactly what they do Capn.

On Gal, I've been tested shyt loads of time for explosives and drugs and I definitely don't look like I'd do either but that's airport security. Also had my laptop bag and mobile looked at.

Having said that, and having worked for a commonwealth agency, I know favours get asked of other agencies and I wouldn't be surprised if Gal was a 'favour' search. A subtle form of attempted intimidation perhaps.

Surely

Post Whore
CUSTOMS officers examined the phone of Sharks skipper Paul Gallen when he returned to Sydney Airport after playing for Cronulla in New Zealand last weekend.
Fairfax Media understands the Customs officers downloaded data from Gallen's phone and were acting on behalf of another federal agency.
Fists of fury: Gallen, who met Daniel Geale along with Sharks teammate Chris Heighington yesterday, said he didn't think Cronulla had had great support from the NRL over the ASADA investigation.
Fists of fury: Gallen, who met Daniel Geale along with Sharks teammate Chris Heighington yesterday, said he didn't think Cronulla had had great support from the NRL over the ASADA investigation. Photo: Wolter Peeters
When contacted on Monday night, Gallen, who had previously declared he was frustrated by suggestions he was the No.1 target in the ASADA investigation, denied his phone was confiscated or that information was downloaded by Customs.
Advertisement
Fairfax Media understands Gallen, who is expected to be interviewed about the club's alleged 2011 supplement program by ASADA officials this month, was accompanied by a member of the club's management during the interview. The team's bus eventually left the airport leaving Gallen and the team official to catch a taxi back to Cronulla.
"Customs grabbed 'Gal' and they held him for a while," a source told Fairfax. "It reached the stage where the bus couldn't wait any longer."
Paul Gallen is expected to be interviewed by ASADA officials this month.
Paul Gallen is expected to be interviewed by ASADA officials this month. Photo: Penny Evans
Gallen said the Customs officers had simply made a routine inspection of his playing gear.
"I had my boots looked at like everyone else," said Gallen, who would not field any other questions on the matter when Fairfax Media spoke to him.
A spokesperson from the Customs and Border Protection said in a statement to Fairfax Media: "Customs and Border Protection does not confirm, deny or comment on interactions with individual passengers."
A person associated with Customs officials revealed the officers were ordered to act upon a request from "another federal government agency" to download all data from Gallen's mobile phone.
Fairfax Media understands the officers were unhappy about what was described as a "bull... order" but they had no option except to do as they were told. They did not know which agency made the request
Cronulla were returning from New Zealand after defeating the Warriors 18-14 at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday.
Gallen was notified by ASADA that he would be interviewed by the agency some time this month as part of its investigation into the alleged supplements program employed by Cronulla in 2011.
The NSW Origin skipper and Australian international last week severed his ties with former ASADA legal counsel Richard Redman, who, in conjunction with Rugby League Players Association silk Andrew Coleman SC, had represented all Cronulla players since the Sharks were implicated in the alleged supplements program in mid-February.
It was reported Gallen disengaged himself from Redman and Coleman in favour of individual representation, saying he'd been advised by people he respected to have "independent" legal advice.
While he had not revealed the identity of his counsel he said the ASADA interviews over the next few weeks would be an obvious distraction for the Sharks as they prepared to mount their charge towards the finals series.
"We've been dealing with it all year, it's nothing new to us," he said during a Sky Sports News interview. "When we get to training we concentrate on footy . . . we work on training . . . when that comes up we'll deal with that then.
"I think they're probably doing two or three boys a week so the next couple of weeks will be distracting for us. Like I said, there's no excuse once you get out on the field we just have to do our job

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...ms-officers-20130806-2rd3s.html#ixzz2bAeGegxk

If there's any truth in that then welcome to the police state

RgSharks

Juniors
Is what reportedly happened to Gal even legal? Can customs take your phone of you to download data? He's being treated like a terrorist.

The Popper

Bench
My phucckkken GAWD!!!!! The lefties have all gorrnnn nuttSSS!!!!
More nuts!!!
My thoughts too, Blacktip. They started this, as reported, to get their negatives off the front page. Obviously, they're still pushing forward with it for the same reasons. Fed. Govt. depts. crucifying Gal would obviously be a big boost for them in this regard.

carinashark

First Grade
He has hired his own counsel , a very good move. This is an attempt to 'get a scalp' and it will go nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts