What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D-Day is Wednesday if the NRL believe this year they can punish us they will have to advise the club by Wednesday.

Why ? With the last round starting on Thursday they need to inform other teams if they have a chance of making the final 9, making announcement following last round would not work as Mad Monday would have started.

So with ASADA still with nothing otherwise charges would have been laid, Wednesday is basically the key day in this all get past there, and the NRL will then wait till October

http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/W...ed-list/2013/WADA-Prohibited-List-2013-EN.pdf

Please find attached the WADA banned list, using this the question must be asked.

All of the ASADA case has been built on circumstantial evidence ie someone saying they seen someone take a banned substance, without even failing a drug test, and under WADA if they believe the case its a 2 year suspension.

So i look at the list, i see that hashish appears, so what would happen if a member of the public seen a player using this, would all they need to do is sign a stat dec and go to ASADA who would then have to make a case against the player even though they have not failed a drug test and 2 year ban on the way.

The other case is how has the AFL been able to avoid this for years with there strike policy if someone caught it dosent escalate first time, is that then the AFL in breach of the code ??

The code is not straight forward and seems you can be guilty even if innocent, but also get of with nothing when maybe you have indulged

Vin Fizz

Bench
The leagues club was doomed once it had to finance its relocation and refurb - which as alluded to already, will be in the vicinity of $10m for starters, which puts their debt above what it was prior to the recent down payment.
I'm assuming then that this was understood and accepted during the negotiations. And if that is the case then the licenced leagues club was given time (lets say a stay of execution) to pull a miracle out of its arseole and come up with the dough instead of just accepting its fate and fold up in due course. The bit that gets me in all this is this development surely isn't a thrown together hash with no plan? I mean while these reality's are now dawning on the ordinary punter such as I the essence of the deal and its consequent cashflow must still stand and the long term future of the footy club is sound. What have I missed?

spider

Coach
I'm assuming then that this was understood and accepted during the negotiations. And if that is the case then the licenced leagues club was given time (lets say a stay of execution) to pull a miracle out of its arseole and come up with the dough instead of just accepting its fate and fold up in due course. The bit that gets me in all this is this development surely isn't a thrown together hash with no plan? I mean while these reality's are now dawning on the ordinary punter such as I the essence of the deal and its consequent cashflow must still stand and the long term future of the footy club is sound. What have I missed?

The licensed club was never going to survive the development deal in its entirety, but in saying that it is the martyr in these cases and that is its purpose - that's just the way it is.

The footy side of things had the platform set to live a long financial and prosperous life, needing to sail through the short term firstly.

The ASADA issue has seemingly scuttled that in terms of heaping massive financial pressure on the footy club in terms of legals to which they don't have a facility to draw from the licensed club now.

Ads

First Grade
I'm hearing the answer is there already. Fairly obvious outcome I would have thought. Doesn't involve us folding or moving either.

drago brelli

Bench
UNITY WILL SAVE US!! YAYYYY! :sarcasm:
Not necessarily.....I think your real hope, if things turn really ugly, is the NRL. The NRL signed a $1.2 bil contract to provide 8 matches each weekend. The NRL need Cronulla in the comp. That aside, this thing is a terrible mess and I am sure the NRL have contingency plans should Cronulla fall over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts