What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Ta Spide. That makes total sense. So does unexpected legal costs siphoning funds away from the footy club. Bummer ey. Presumably they will only be incurred to the point where we continue to be a going concern. I guess our true saving will be our contractual obligations as far as the development goes. That is, if we are required to meet commitments that are critical to the development continuing then our partners in the deal might prop us up else they'll do there arse as well. Not sure if that is the case though. DB is correct as well. I do know the ARLC aren't in a position to watch us fall over and they don't have the time to get another team ready (that last bit is just speculation)

carcharias

Immortal
I want to say it but I don't want to jeopardise my friends job.

In other unrelated news a stone outside my house just turned blue...

I would be pretty shocked if they didn't do what they needed to do to protect their investment .

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Bluestone are giving the club money for the leagues club refurb. As part of Stage 1 it has to be done. The money is unlikely to be able to be used elsewhere, like to pay legal fees or whatever. They were always going to help out with the refurb.

There is a rumour the club will be asking them for a cash loan as well. Not another advance.

Feej

First Grade
Bluestone are giving the club money for the leagues club refurb. As part of Stage 1 it has to be done. The money is unlikely to be able to be used elsewhere, like to pay legal fees or whatever. They were always going to help out with the refurb.

There is a rumour the club will be asking them for a cash loan as well. Not another advance.

Give away another 300 units?

Ads

First Grade

That's along the lines of what I was told. Also I can't see us folding while this development is on track. They won't let it happen, we might end up with a lesser deal whether that's from units we take a slice of or any other way.

eddiesmith

Juniors
http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/W...ed-list/2013/WADA-Prohibited-List-2013-EN.pdf

Please find attached the WADA banned list, using this the question must be asked.

All of the ASADA case has been built on circumstantial evidence ie someone saying they seen someone take a banned substance, without even failing a drug test, and under WADA if they believe the case its a 2 year suspension.

So i look at the list, i see that hashish appears, so what would happen if a member of the public seen a player using this, would all they need to do is sign a stat dec and go to ASADA who would then have to make a case against the player even though they have not failed a drug test and 2 year ban on the way.

The other case is how has the AFL been able to avoid this for years with there strike policy if someone caught it dosent escalate first time, is that then the AFL in breach of the code ??

The code is not straight forward and seems you can be guilty even if innocent, but also get of with nothing when maybe you have indulged
Basically its because the AFLs 3 strike policy is illicit ElephantJuice outside of competition only

Any performance enhancing ElephantJuice at any time is covered under the WADA code of 2 years, any illicit ElephantJuice on game day also end up with suspension 1st time

Mr. Sharky

Juniors
Is it just me or has the News Scum papers gone quiet since our loss at the weekend.

They went on the mother of all hate campaigns after our epic win over the Chooks and now they've gone into hiding again.

f**king merkins.

Card Shark

Immortal
Is it just me or has the News Scum papers gone quiet since our loss at the weekend.

They went on the mother of all hate campaigns after our epic win over the Chooks and now they've gone into hiding again.

f**king merkins.

It's not just you, I was thinking exactly the same thing & was gunna post that.

Maybe losing against Canberra is a good thing this week, keep the wolves at bay.

newman

First Grade

This is true and we are on track to be in debt to the developer once the bloody thing is finished.

Card Shark

Immortal
This is true and we are on track to be in debt to the developer once the bloody thing is finished.

Oh well, at least it will proceed.

Beggars can't be choosers.

The main thing is having the facility there & the leagues club feeding off it.

Weaponhead

Coach
It's not just you, I was thinking exactly the same thing & was gunna post that.

Maybe losing against Canberra is a good thing this week, keep the wolves at bay.

It has only been one day. No doubt they have plenty more in store for us.

After this weekend it will be the 'NRL can't let the cheats play finals', 'what about the poor teams that get knocked out by the cheats' line.

It won't be pretty.

chewsta

First Grade
Well if ee end up getting done. I hope we get to knock melbourne out of the finals first. Just like they did to us.

Mr. Sharky

Juniors

After this weekend it will be the 'NRL can't let the cheats play finals', 'what about the poor teams that get knocked out by the cheats' line.

It won't be pretty.

Which would be a deadset f**king disgrace.

The Gold Coast are ninth and they've lost more than they won.

f**king News Scum.

Last edited:

Poss

Juniors

It won't be pretty.

Can they say that though?
The alleged cheating was in 2011, not this year.
Only a very small percentage of the Sharks 2013 squad was even there in 2011.

It's not like when the Storm got busted for breaking the cap. They were still over the cap which is why they got stripped of all their points for the current season.

Penrith haven't been stripped of their points this season even though they allegedly paid for Shandoor's supplements in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.