What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Puzzles

Eelementary

Post Whore
So...You're saying that you wouldn't advise me to join the Boy Scouts Of Australia?

Damn...And all I ever wanted was to make new friends...

Punkess

Juniors
I just like puzzles... I was at my uni's open day type thingy and there was a maths stand right across from our stand, so I was trying to solve all the puzzles they had up - it was fun!!

Phillips

Referee
Eelementary said:
So...You're saying that you wouldn't advise me to join the Boy Scouts Of Australia?

adultmatchmaker.com.au :sarcasm:

Punkess

Juniors
Eelementary said:

Yeah well it's okay if you know how to cross a river with one boat, because you won't need the bridge that the boy scout haters burned!

Punkess

Juniors
My friend got asked something like this for his interview

#6) "If you look at a clock and the time is 3:15, what is the angle between the hour and the minute hands?"

Punkess

Juniors
And another one they were asked

#7) If you had an infinite supply of water and a 5L and 3L pail, how would you measure exactly 4L?

Frederick

Staff member
I'ma treat it as a trick question and say no angle, as it's a digital clock

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
a whole industry has popped up in this country made up of training and testing bludgers!......none of these phsyco babble convoluted questions seen the light of day once!!!......farkin worlds gone MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Punkess

Juniors
I like them - they're kinda fun to do... though I don't know how effective they are at helping choose better candidates for a job.

Punkess

Juniors
Punkess said:
#5) A frog fell into a well 12 feet deep. He could jump 3 feet, but every time he jumped 3 feet, he fell back 2 feet. How many times did he have to jump to get out of the well?

Answer is 10. You jump 9 x (3-2=1)m up and then the next 3m jump gets you to the top!

Punkess

Juniors
Captain_Fred said:
I'ma treat it as a trick question and say no angle, as it's a digital clock

yeah that's easier

or 360/(12hours * 4 quarters of an hour) = 7.5 degrees ;)

Punkess

Juniors
They're not that hard :(

#6) The age of a man is the same as his wife's age with the digits reversed. The sum of their ages is 99 and the man is 9 years older than his wife.
How old is the man?

Frederick

Staff member
Punkess said:
They're not that hard :(

#6) The age of a man is the same as his wife's age with the digits reversed. The sum of their ages is 99 and the man is 9 years older than his wife.
How old is the man?

Punkess

Juniors
yup!

#8)
When asked this riddle, 80% of kindergarten students got the answer, compared to 17% of Stanford University seniors.

What is greater than God,

More evil than the devil,

The poor have it,

The rich need it,

And if you eat it, you'll die?

Latest posts