What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q: Best club over the last 5 years?

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
It's alot easier to win finals when your oppositions captain and key playmaker has been rubbed out by the NRL...

For a grubby tackle. The Storm achieved nothing good for the game in the last 5 years.
Best thing to happen to RL? You're insane.

gUt

Coach
I'm surprised that noone has mentioned the Broncos.
They sure as hell have enough dumb merkins for fans.

We don't feel the need to measure our dicks against those of the fans of the lesser clubs.

Don't forget, f**kface, that the Dragons fans are universally the most hated of all. You're the perfect example of why this is true.

Lowdown

Juniors
Cap?? What is this 'cap' you speak of.

I heard Craig Bellamy the other night? We earned those premierships through hard work.

Caps are over-rated.

user_nat

Coach
I'm surprised that noone has mentioned the Broncos.
They sure as hell have enough dumb merkins for fans.

It would be hard to argue that we have been better than Manly when they have finished above us in all 5 years and have a premiership.
Anymore than 5 years maybe.

I'd say we have considerably less dumb fans than the 2 clubs fighting over this title.

anyone who says melbourne is clearly a troll.

It's Probably Manly or St George. They are pretty neck and neck. Probably Manly tbf, since they may have won 2 prems in that time had it not been for cheating f**ks.

BranVan3000

Coach
If they hold onto their halves I could see a few years of Manly dominance, especially as the Storm players get into their twilight years

Butters

Bench
anyone who says melbourne is clearly a troll.

It's Probably Manly or St George. They are pretty neck and neck. Probably Manly tbf, since they may have won 2 prems in that time had it not been for cheating f**ks.

If they were as dedicated and trained as hard as Melbourne did maybe they would have. :cool:

HowHigh

Coach
Melbourne 06-10 was the best thing to happen to rugby league. And now in 2011 Melbourne are poised to claim yet another title to add to their collection and start a new era of dominance. :cool:
see_what_you_did_there_house.jpg

InThatNumber

Juniors
If Saints win the GF this year then we would overtake Manly as the most successful in the past 5 years. But unless that happens, Manly would take the bickies.

M2D2

Bench
St George/Manly.
Melbourne didnt need to cheat, but they did. So not on the list.

ellskimore

Juniors
I like to think they made the finals in 08....getting beaten 40-0 while rorting the salary cap is pretty damn funny

Getting beaten 40-0 whilst rorting the cap will forever be my favourite memory of the Storm. I don't like Manly, but I will always respect what they did on that evening, for the good of rugby league.

firechild

First Grade
Getting beaten 40-0 whilst rorting the cap will forever be my favourite memory of the Storm. I don't like Manly, but I will always respect what they did on that evening, for the good of rugby league.

This is a good memory

2008+NRL+Grand+Final+Sea+Eagles+v+Storm+9meGQTurruNl.jpg

Nice Beaver

First Grade
It would be hard to argue that we have been better than Manly when they have finished above us in all 5 years and have a premiership.
Anymore than 5 years maybe.

I'd say we have considerably less dumb fans than the 2 clubs fighting over this title.

Don't sell your self short. Plenty of dumb f*cks support the Donkeys.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Cap?? What is this 'cap' you speak of.

I heard Craig Bellamy the other night? We earned those premierships through hard work.

Caps are over-rated.

Yep, I'm sure the players did work hard.
however...

Nice to know your view on cheating.

Honesty. Integrity. A level playing field.

All totally over-rated. This comp clearly only exists for the Storm and their loony tune fan base.

(Apologies to most Storm fans - the ones who admit what the admin at the club did was WRONG and want to move on)

Latest posts